Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Cool I Finally Lowered my ZL1!

I think the ZL1 is one of the best looking cars on the road from the factory, however like many cars that look so aggressive already, a lower stance and a smaller gap between the fender and tire always looks better . I had been meaning to do the Pfadt Drop kit and rear arms package ever since I saw Erik @ Torq post photos of his ZL1 lowered. I didn't get any Christmas gifts this year , so I thought I'd buy myself something nice . I decided to hit up Mike Haddad over @ Haddad Motorsports for a price on parts & install. Let me just 1st say that if anybody lives in SoCal they should feel comfortable getting their car worked on by Mike & his team. He was very down to earth & professional (we even became Facebook friends ) and explained a lot of things to me about the ZL1 suspension system . For those that don't know, Mike works with both PFADT & PEDDERS systems so don't hesitate to give him a call if you have a preference for either brand. Mike is also the kind of guy who won't install something on your car if there is a chance that long term you and your car could run into problems. So while I sat in front of him, he called Erik @ Torq for some confirmation on any problems with lowering the ZL1 since Erik has done a few installs (apparently I was Mike's 1st lowered ZL1 inquiry) and Erik said all was good (thankfully) so we proceeded with the install (thanks for answering the phone on a Saturday Erik ).

Initial impressions after installation were great! The look of the car is exactly what I was going for and the ride quality is 95% the same as stock. The only caveat is you need to be careful driving over speed bumps and approaching driveways; Mike informed me that The Pfadt lowering springs drop the front about 1" and .75" (front and rear respectively) on an SS, but the drop is slightly greater on a ZL1 because of the magnetic suspension system. Mike also gave me a printout of my alignment, which he made more aggressive than stock for better turn in handling. Even with the increased caution driving around town (this is my daily driver), I couldn't be happier. Thanks again Mike!

Attached Images

IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
NICE! Those calipers came stock red?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Wow! Looks great. Nice, subtle mod..
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
now that looks awesome
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
NICE! Those calipers came stock red?
No, I had them painted when I had the clear bra installed on the front
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
niiiiiiiicceeee

Car looks good!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
Looks very nice, I like it!
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #8
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
I think the ZL1 is one of the best looking cars on the road from the factory, however like many cars that look so aggressive already, a lower stance and a smaller gap between the fender and tire always looks better . I had been meaning to do the Pfadt Drop kit and rear arms package ever since I saw Erik @ Torq post photos of his ZL1 lowered. I didn't get any Christmas gifts this year , so I thought I'd buy myself something nice . I decided to hit up Mike Haddad over @ Haddad Motorsports for a price on parts & install. Let me just 1st say that if anybody lives in SoCal they should feel comfortable getting their car worked on by Mike & his team. He was very down to earth & professional (we even became Facebook friends ) and explained a lot of things to me about the ZL1 suspension system . For those that don't know, Mike works with both PFADT & PEDDERS systems so don't hesitate to give him a call if you have a preference for either brand. Mike is also the kind of guy who won't install something on your car if there is a chance that long term you and your car could run into problems. So while I sat in front of him, he called Erik @ Torq for some confirmation on any problems with lowering the ZL1 since Erik has done a few installs (apparently I was Mike's 1st lowered ZL1 inquiry) and Erik said all was good (thankfully) so we proceeded with the install (thanks for answering the phone on a Saturday Erik ).

Initial impressions after installation were great! The look of the car is exactly what I was going for and the ride quality is 95% the same as stock. The only caveat is you need to be careful driving over speed bumps and approaching driveways; Mike informed me that The Pfadt lowering springs drop the front about 1" and .75" (front and rear respectively) on an SS, but the drop is slightly greater on a ZL1 because of the magnetic suspension system. Mike also gave me a printout of my alignment, which he made more aggressive than stock for better turn in handling. Even with the increased caution driving around town (this is my daily driver), I couldn't be happier. Thanks again Mike!

Why do you hate lols(plate)
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Not much lower than stock, I put my money into non tune engine upgrades....
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #10
sammyv

Drives: 2013 red Lingenfelter ZL1
IcePick06, car looks much better lowered! Can you measure from the bottom of the front splitter to the ground please? Mine sits at 6" stock was wondering how much lower your car actually is from, Thanks!
sammyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Very nice! Being that low would be a little worrying for me, but there's no arguing it looks GREAT.

Congrats'

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
5280ZL1
STIG of the MILE HI

Drives: 2009 ZO6
that is really looking sharp!!!
5280ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Excellent!!!