Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #15
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Golf Alpha Yankee if you ask me, buy a Chevy!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
collins motorsport

Drives: 1967 SS 785hp pro touring, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
The car was apparently featured in the SEMA show and DUB magazine as well as several others. It also comes with the factory 36k miles bumper to bumper warranty and 60k mile powertrain warranty...
Well if its under warranty that would help but my 300C was supposedly a SEMA build buy a pro shop and let me tell ya its a PAIN IN THE @$$ to keep up
collins motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Chances are that GTR has been driven really really hard. I have no idea what you mean when you say it is a tame daily driver. Those things are insanely uncomfortable and not meant for daily driving.

As for your launch control yes if it has been used the warranty is void and i'm guessing that if someone is selling this for that cheap then it has definitely been used and probably doesn't have a clean car fax report.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Brand New vs Used, hmmmmmmm.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #19
kush396

Drives: chevy
??????

Get a Mustang......................
kush396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
mickey123456

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Ok so I am a soon to be ZL1 owner. The Nissan GTR is my favorite car though. All of you guys talking about rice rocket don't know what you are talking about. That GTR with about 5k in mods will run 10 second quarter miles. It is an absolute beast. The quality of the GTR is much higher than that of a ZL1. Remember that is a 90k car for 66k! I would get the GTR if you can verify that it has not been launched or abused. Just put the spoiler back on it please! If you question anything about that car, then the second choice of a ZL1 is nothing to be ashamed of!
mickey123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #21
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep
No way dude. How do you do a burn out in the GT-R? You'll have to tie it to a tree or something. The Zl1 won't be as fast but a: it sounds wayyyy better and b: pillows of white smoke rolling off the back tires of a muscle car is dead sexy, ask any chick....lol.
ZL1 #612
snapp32e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #22
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey123456 View Post
Ok so I am a soon to be ZL1 owner. The Nissan GTR is my favorite car though. All of you guys talking about rice rocket don't know what you are talking about. That GTR with about 5k in mods will run 10 second quarter miles. It is an absolute beast. The quality of the GTR is much higher than that of a ZL1. Remember that is a 90k car for 66k! I would get the GTR if you can verify that it has not been launched or abused. Just put the spoiler back on it please! If you question anything about that car, then the second choice of a ZL1 is nothing to be ashamed of!
As soon as you start talking mods, you are wasting your time. You start getting into "I could spend the price difference between the ZL-1 and the GT-R on mods for the ZL-1 and end up with a 9 second car."

Mod stories are like fishing stories, just turns into 2 people making up shit to one up each other on paper.

Not to mention that if both cars are in stock form, only one of them keeps its' warranty when you use launch control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Did you order the ZL1 with an auto or stick? If you want auto, go with the GTR. If you want stick, go with the ZL1. Both cars will be lots of fun. I think the GTR will be more rare.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #24
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
If you want a GTR buy it and go to the GTR board and learn about it and talk about it.

I'll remind you this is a Camaro board.

I have good friends with GTR's and a company that tunes them. He does not hang here.

Sheesh. I really don't want to know any more about them than I know.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #25
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
I talked to the dealership selling this car and the Launch Control is still intact, but it's a small dealership so probably can't trust their words too much although they do sell some high end used cars (i.e. bentley's, porsche, etc.). But after some research I discovered a good deal of 2009's had transmission issues from using the Launch Control; Nissan only fixed a small # of GTR's that had the transmission problems due to launch control and the rest of the owners got screwed with a large bill. I think the Ideal GTR to buy would be a 2011+ (2010 GTR's didn't have the launch control feature)...but obviously those are still $80k+ and out of my price range for the moment so I think I'll keep the ZL1 for a few years and maybe pick up a GTR down the road

Plus I miss the sound of a nice V8 ...I was when I had to sell my C6 vette, it sounded so deep and throaty Either way buying the ZL1 I think it should hold it's value pretty well for a muscle car--similar to a Z06, GT500 or even a Saleen Mustang
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #26
mickey123456

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
As soon as you start talking mods, you are wasting your time. You start getting into "I could spend the price difference between the ZL-1 and the GT-R on mods for the ZL-1 and end up with a 9 second car."

Mod stories are like fishing stories, just turns into 2 people making up shit to one up each other on paper.

Not to mention that if both cars are in stock form, only one of them keeps its' warranty when you use launch control.
My point is that the car is not a rice rocket. That's what I meant with the mod comment.
mickey123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #27
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
If you want a GTR buy it and go to the GTR board and learn about it and talk about it.

I'll remind you this is a Camaro board.

I have good friends with GTR's and a company that tunes them. He does not hang here.

Sheesh. I really don't want to know any more about them than I know.
sheesh, now i know why you call yourself happy dan.

i never fully understood launch control. Why would an AWD car (driver) need help launching?
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #28
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Take the car to a certified Nissan dealer, and have them scan it to see if the warranty is still in effect. If the VDC has been switched off and the car launched hard, you may have issues. The other thing to consider is if you can deal with the high maintenance costs. If those two things check out with you, hell yeah, pick that thing up. It's an amazing car.
If it all checks out, GTR hands down!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote