The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #5447
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
So, seriously.....how do you REALLY feel about that? Don’t be shy.
How About All those Above?

Well in Reallity it's sad for me because is the Death of such Iconic Car for me as an Enthusiast
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #5448

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I would be sad myself about the Impala's demise, but in light of the SUV, CUV craze, I'm surprised it has lasted this long. I bought a '17 Impala, it was the roomiest, best sale priced that was a good fit for me. They still make an '18, so get one while you can. The platform is getting old, but at one time was good enough for Cadillac...lol...and it tellingly did not get a refresh like the Cruze and Malibu did.

The Malibu may grow in size, but for now the end of the Impala will mean the end of the V-6 in a passenger sedan and the end of the largest passenger room, etc. in an affordable Chevy. You'll need to spend way more for a Cadillac to get similar dimensions and performance once the Impala is gone. But, I can't argue against trends and customer preferences....
Not to worry though, it may return again at some point as a rebadged Cadillac, or perhaps they have plans for the Impala nameplate as another CUV of some kind...lol.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #5449
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
How About All those Above?

Well in Reallity it's sad for me because is the Death of such Iconic Car for me as an Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I would be sad myself about the Impala's demise, but in light of the SUV, CUV craze, I'm surprised it has lasted this long. I bought a '17 Impala, it was the roomiest, best sale priced that was a good fit for me. They still make an '18, so get one while you can. The platform is getting old, but at one time was good enough for Cadillac...lol...and it tellingly did not get a refresh like the Cruze and Malibu did.

The Malibu may grow in size, but for now the end of the Impala will mean the end of the V-6 in a passenger sedan and the end of the largest passenger room, etc. in an affordable Chevy. You'll need to spend way more for a Cadillac to get similar dimensions and performance once the Impala is gone. But, I can't argue against trends and customer preferences....
Not to worry though, it may return again at some point as a rebadged Cadillac, or perhaps they have plans for the Impala nameplate as another CUV of some kind...lol.
Maybe GM will refresh the Impala & continue running it, as long as sales are maintained, similar to what was done with the 9th generation.
The difference between the Epsilon II & P2XX platforms is considerable though, so at this point my money would be spent on a LaCrosse.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #5450

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post

Maybe GM will refresh it & continue running it, as long as sales are maintained, similar to what was done with the 9th generation.

I'm really curious to see what sales numbers have been for the last three months once they are available in a couple of weeks.....I think the mentality is that if the Impala is gone, it will just mean another SUV or CUV sale of some kind in it's place...we'll see....I recall some saying the Impala may last until 2020 or 2022, but I doubt it.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:30 PM   #5451
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post

Maybe GM will refresh the Impala & continue running it, as long as sales are maintained, similar to what was done with the 9th generation.
The difference between the Epsilon II & P2XX platforms is considerable though, so at this point my money would be spent on a LaCrosse.
No refresh. GM announced a slew of refreshes in the spring with no mention of the Impala. Right around the same time, it came out that the Impala (along with the Sonic) is getting cancelled at the end of the current generation.

Incidentally, my parents own both an Impala and a Sonic.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #5452
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Engine production forecast has Impala listed through at least 2021.

Honestly, with how good this generation Impala is, I wouldn't have a problem with GM pulling a W-body and just producing the thing until sales completely bottom out. The engineering and tooling has to be paid for at this point.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #5453
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
No refresh. GM announced a slew of refreshes in the spring with no mention of the Impala. Right around the same time, it came out that the Impala (along with the Sonic) is getting cancelled at the end of the current generation.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:29 AM   #5454
FenwickHockey65

http://cadillacsociety.com/2018/07/0...design-patent/

CT5 Coupe.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:08 AM   #5455
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Profile looks like a C****o to me.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:28 AM   #5456
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Agree with Martin, that doesn't really look like a Caddy profile
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:36 AM   #5457
FenwickHockey65

Cadillac grille, Cadillac headlights, Cadillac taillights...if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...
Old 07-06-2018, 08:41 AM   #5458
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Ok looking at those shots I see it. From the 3/4 angle, elevated angle and side profile I didnt see it that much
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:44 AM   #5459
FenwickHockey65

Granted it's just a patent drawing but those ridiculously small mirrors/stalks make me think this may be a concept previewing the actual product.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:46 AM   #5460

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Cadillac grille, Cadillac headlights, Cadillac taillights...if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

So what's to patent?....Same 'ole, same 'ole Cadillac....and another coupe that looks like 99% of all the others on the road....lol..

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions