Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #29
cwahl

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS1 RS M6
Bad experience at Moran? I neverhad a problem with them in Pt. Huron
cwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #30
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
I watched the dealer pull mine around to the front for pickup.... Only to drive it up on a parking space divider, scratched the black rubber deflector under the front to hell. I made them swap it off another car in the lot (had none in stock) as I watched before I left.

That was after it took 4 months for the damn thing to arrive from the plant. Hood was scratched up as well.

Worst experience ever (car wise). Glad some of you guys enjoyed the moment, i just wanted to get the hell out of dodge before an astriod landed on it.
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #31
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
I searched the net for any SS model in my price range within 20 miles of my house. I spotted a 1ss for 34k, knew my trade in was about even with the trade in value so off I went. It was still there. I test drove it and sat down for the torture in finance.
I told them how much I was willing to accept on my trade in, I told them what I wanted my interest rate to be (had already been pre appoved for 2.9% they didnt know it) and insisted they pay for the excise tax which is just over 3% of the sticker price...about 1100 bucks. They dickered around, kept leaving the office to talk to the boss. They wouldnt come close to my conditions so I figured it was labor day weekend, it was saturday night...I would just leave, take my car and go home, let em stew unil Tuesday. When I came back they were more than willing to pay for the tag, paid for the window tint and gave me the interest rate I wanted. After it was all said and done, I traded in a G6 coupe for a 2011 Camaro 1ss and dropped my payment by 18 bucks per month. I didnt feel any closure until I got my title in the mail.
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #32
white ZL1

Drives: none
I really wanted to order a 2010 when Chevy started taking orders for them. I was then asked to take a transfer from work, so that went on the back burner.
Once the transfer was done and I was settled, I was ready to start looking for a used 2010, and was then asked to take a transfer again.
I closed on my 3rd house in 3 years (due to the transfers), and decided before they could ask me to transfer again I was buying one. So I left work at 6pm and went to the dealership that I had stopped at a few times the month earlier. My intent was to order a 2012, but I was able to get the exact deal that I wanted without any hassle at all so I signed the papers on it at 10pm that same night and drove it home.
The whole transaction was simple, smooth, and quick. I giggled like a little girl the whole way home, and have no problem admitting it.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #33
Jnathus

Drives: 2016 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwahl View Post
Bad experience at Moran? I neverhad a problem with them in Pt. Huron
This is Moran on Gratiot, north of 15 Mile (formerly James Chevrolet). IDK if they are a problem... my dad likes them. The sales guy I dealt with - complete ass. Maybe I sent a 'not really serious about purchasing' vibe, but the reality of that situation turned out to be that I was. In which case, his judge of character sucked. I liked the guy my dad dealt with, wish I could've seen him.
Jnathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #34
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
I have bought many new cars over the years and a few were special ordered. By far the buying experience with my Camaro was the best I have experienced, due to an excellent sales associate at Myers Cadillac Chevrolet in Ottawa. In 2010 I had completed weeks of Internet pricing research before I first contacted Internet sales at the dealership, which is only a 5 min. drive from my home. I had a price in mind, including high Canadian taxes, before the emails between me and my sales associate started. Email back and forth lasted almost daily for two weeks or more. I had many, many questions, and my sales associate usually responded with hours. He answered each question in depth and broke down pricing for every cent of the purchase price.
Keep in mind that GM Canada puts a higher MSRP on their autos than GM USA. Here in Canada, even when the US dollar and Canada dollar are almost equal, and our Camaro’s are built in Canada, we in Canada pay MSRP about $3,500 to $7,000 up charge, and that up charge does not include high Canadian taxes. This major higher price difference is dictated by GM Canada and is a frustration to GM Canada dealerships. I am a US citizen living in Canada, so crossing the border for a lower price would not be complicated. However, I choose to buy at my Canadian dealership. Ford has no cross border warranty issues; GM Canada has major cross border warranty issues. Bottom line, I could have bought my Camaro in the states for $thousands less money, but because I am a low mileage driver I would never have warranty service in Canada.
Could have bought a Mustang in the States with no cross border warranty issues, could not buy a Camaro in the States without major cross border warranty issues
We finally agreed on a price that was about $50 less then the price I already had in my head. Only then did I go in for a test drive and get my trade in appraised. We sat down, wrote up the order, including all discounts including my GM Card. At that time, upon signing contract, I turned over the title and left my trade-in (I was a little sad as I loved my trade-in) but after the deal was made I did not want to drive my trade in because if it became damaged while waiting for my Camaro it would mess up the Camaro sales contract. While writing up the order, and it now was mid May 2010, I decided I wanted to pre order a 2011 not a 2010. Dealership did not have confirmed pricing for 2011 models so my pricing was based on 2010 prices. In the contract, small print, contract stated price might be adjusted for increased pricing. That never was an issue, and I purchased to the cent what we had agreed so price increase such as HUD, was a bonus discount.
It took close to 3 months for me to receive my 2011, early Aug. 2010 (ordered one month before 2011 models went into production), but it was received within the time frame I was promised. My sales associate kept me updated via email weekly even when my Camaro seemed stalled in the waiting line. I remember the morning I opened my email and he told me my Camaro rolled off the assembly line the day before, built in one day and he told me exactly the number of hours and minutes it took to assemble. It took about five days to arrive at the dealership and on a Thursday night he sent me pictures of its arrival. I got the feeling my sales associate was more excited then I was. Even though my dealership is high volume apparently it was the first 2011 Summit White to arrive in Ottawa and they had no records of anyone else in Ottawa receiving a 2010 Summit White. I was a as a little busy at the time, they still had to inspect, detail, register and change license plates from my trade in, but I drove the 5 mins. to the dealership on Saturday and my little 2011 V6 2LT Summit White with beige leather and optional 19" polished rims was in the showroom along with a beautiful black 2010 $75,000 modified SS. My Camaro was locked with two signs saying "Do Not Touch - SOLD". I felt very special.
I had emailed my sales associate, before delivery; please do not have your closer try to sell me extras. Tuesday the following week I went to close. About 10 mins. to close and sign paperwork, then 30 mins. to drive to and from my bank to get the cashiers check as I was paying in full. My sales associate had communicated my desire for a fast and smooth sales closure and that was respected. Per one of my many, many, emails to my sales associate while I was waiting for delivery I asked that dealer not install a dealer decal. He understood, and he asked if I wanted front license plate installed (required in Ontario), but showed he understood I might be adverse to drilling holes in the front. Another thumbs up my sales associate understood people buying Camaro's
Last, I save all paperwork. Per my request the window sticker and all other stuff was given to me in an envelop. Weeks after my delivery my sales associate contacted me again. He had a 2011 Camaro brochure, which I mentioned 3 months previous, plus when I went in to pick up the brochure I was given a black Camaro logo hat.
All things considered, the dealer / purchasing experience has been the best I have experienced in 40 years. Service experience has also been excellent during my 13 months of ownership.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #35
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
When the camaro first came out i did not care for the rear end so i did not really want one, i was looking at h3's and found a 2006 hummer h3 used on a chevy lot. So when i pulled up i walked up to the camaros and was like, you know what, i actually like this. It grew on me. I was talking to the salesmen, bought from him before. So we knew each other, but i had done no research on the camaro, i saw the LS and actually prefered that over the rest. because i knew i would want black wheels anyway and black out parts, so the black fogs was a plus for me (now i know it was the base model lol) I told the dealer i wanted one in black, and they told me they thought the black with black wheels was to much black. so i drove down to the other dealer who ive bought about 12 cars from to see if they had a black, they didnt, but i saw a cgm ls. i was like mmmmm sexy lol i liked the dark color but it wasnt black, it was different. it was also overcast and rainy so i couldnt see the mettalic in the paint. i was planning on red accents but now i did blue because of the sparkles. i told the dealer i will come back and buy if you have blue balloons on it when i come back, came back the next day and they had it out front with my balloons on it lol threw down the money
Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #36
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry to see some of you having bad dealer experiences. If any of you would like I can setup dealer complaints for you to make sure that we (GM) and they (the dealer) know about your experiences.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #37
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
My order in May '09 was number 3 for my dealer. The only Camaro I had seen was their 2nd order, a 1LT sitting on the lot. In the process of looking for tracking info I ran across spastic squirrel and Camaro5. After that I informed my dealer where my build was at and when it would show up. The afternoon it arrived they called me and I came straight over and they threw on a set of tags and let me take it for a spin. I left it to get stripes on and when I picked it up the next day I expected see a sea of people and little kids climbing all over it. I was glad and relieved to see it locked up in the detail bay awaiting my inspection. All in all, I had a very good experience.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote