Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
Zar_2SS

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 2SS
C8 Square Steering Wheel on 2SS

Am I the only one that wants the C8 square style wheel on my SS? I've seen the carbon fiber ones but none look anywhere as good as the Square C8 wheel.
Zar_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:02 PM   #2
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
All new electrical system in the C8. I doubt anything would work. Plus the airbag is sized and tuned for the Corvette.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:30 PM   #3
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
I’m thinking your the only one.. I think it’s ugly.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:15 PM   #4
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
That was the one thing I didn't like or warm up to.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:23 PM   #5
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar_2SS View Post
Am I the only one that wants the C8 square style wheel on my SS? I've seen the carbon fiber ones but none look anywhere as good as the Square C8 wheel.
Yes..yes you are the only one.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:34 PM   #6
Zar_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I’m thinking your the only one.. I think it’s ugly.
Do you prefer the C8 or the traditional look and style of a corvette? I’ve noticed that those that prefer the traditional style also think the wheel is ugly. I wasn’t into corvette until the C7 body style and now the C8 has me completely sold.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:53 PM   #7
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Do you prefer the C8 or the traditional look and style of a corvette? I’ve noticed that those that prefer the traditional style also think the wheel is ugly. I wasn’t into corvette until the C7 body style and now the C8 has me completely sold.
Good question..

Well, I'm a big fan of the C4 94-96. I owned a 96 and loved it. It was like getting into a fighter jet.
Loved the C5 Corvette from day one, I bought a new one in 2004.
I never was a fan of the C6 Corvette, I kept a buddies here at the house getting it ready for some shows. He told me to drive it as much as I wanted because it just set in his garage all the time so I got some good seat time.. (it's in my signature picture next to my SS in the Corvette Museum shown below)
I'm a big fan of the C7 Corvette, I almost bought one when I got the 2017 Camaro SS. I was just tired of climbing down into a car and I was ready for a change so the SS won out.

Now the C8, I like what I see for the most part but I'm holding back my comments until I get to see one in person. I will say the only things I'm not sure about is the wheel and rear end. I hope things get back on track soon and I can take one for a spin.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:37 AM   #8
Zar_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Good question..

Well, I'm a big fan of the C4 94-96. I owned a 96 and loved it. It was like getting into a fighter jet.
Loved the C5 Corvette from day one, I bought a new one in 2004.
I never was a fan of the C6 Corvette, I kept a buddies here at the house getting it ready for some shows. He told me to drive it as much as I wanted because it just set in his garage all the time so I got some good seat time.. (it's in my signature picture next to my SS in the Corvette Museum shown below)
I'm a big fan of the C7 Corvette, I almost bought one when I got the 2017 Camaro SS. I was just tired of climbing down into a car and I was ready for a change so the SS won out.

Now the C8, I like what I see for the most part but I'm holding back my comments until I get to see one in person. I will say the only things I'm not sure about is the wheel and rear end. I hope things get back on track soon and I can take one for a spin.
The C8 is a game changer for American cars. I saw one in person at one of the Major chevy dealerships in Northern VA and boy is it beaitiful. Typically American cars tend to had that plastic look, the well the non luxury look, but for the C8 they definitely made it look th epart with it's competitors.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:42 AM   #9
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
I like the C8 mid-engine body style. However, the new square steering wheel is really ugly IMO.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:44 AM   #10
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I am not a fan of the steering wheel either, but the Vette overall is quite a car! Saw one at the dealership when shopping for my Camaro, it was drool worthy! Seems to be one hell of a car.
I just can't do such acrobatic moves to get in and out of a car anymore, so Camaro for me! 20 years younger I might have gone for the C8.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:06 AM   #11
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
Not a fan of the C8 Square wheel. To each their own. Only thing you can do is research, and perhaps buy one and see how it works out. Usually steering wheel controls are the difference as they may use different pin outs or connector.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:20 AM   #12
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
the more i see the C8, the less I like it and like the c7s even more.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:22 AM   #13
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Yeah, I'm personally not a fan of the square steering wheel or the praying mantis-ish look of the C8 in general.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:55 AM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
The square steering wheel is ugly to me but the new Corvette looks real good. I was driving yesterday around the city doing some errands in my ZL1 and saw one turn in front of me onto a 4 lane road ahead at a big intersection with slow traffic lights. I tried to catch up but with the other traffic lights and slow drivers I lost it. Wanted to see it closeup as it still had the drive out dealer paper tag.