Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Adamzactor

Drives: 2017 Camaro turbo
Unhappy 2017 1LT spectrum light install issues

Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster. Soooooooooooooo in Jan. I got a new 2017 1LT turbo, and I finally decided to get the Dark night spectrum light upgrade. Ordered the part through the dealer to make sure it was the right one for my info system, and set up the install at the dealer. After reading the forums here I knew there might be issues so I spent 3 hrs with the techs going over everything and set the appointment 2 weeks in advance. I took them 4 days to install it, and on day 5 they told me the put everything back together and it wasn't working. I let them know about the flash issues, and that they have to do both the BCM and the HMI. They said they did and it still didn't work. They contacted the engineers in Detroit and they said to replace the part and try again. Now I have to wait until at least Tuesday (day 8) for the part to come in, and maybe a few more days for install. Is it really possible that I got a dud part off the bat, or are they just not doing the programs right? Any help would be great. Los Angeles area if that matters.
Adamzactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'd just be concerned your door panels are put back together tight and none of the other interior panels are scratched or otherwise rattly.

I don't doubt they'll eventually get it working. But the longer it's with them the more I'd be worried they are screwing things up.

No telling though what is wrong. The lighting upgrade portion is 'dumb', meaning it's just LEDs with no real logic to 'not work', but LEDs can fail obviously. Just unlikely that they would all fail. More likely it is a flashing issue or installer error.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
Adamzactor

I know, haha, I'm trying not to think about damage to the panels till it's working right. One heart attack at a time
Old 07-16-2017, 07:29 PM   #4
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Sounds like they didn't install it correctly. It's a tough install did mine myself and was by far the hardest install I've ever done. Mainly wiring in the lights to the door harnesses. Took me about 5 hours alone and there are a few spots a person could screw up. Hopefully they get it running sooner then later.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #5
Adamzactor

I'll post an update as soon as I get one. Trying not to do anything so I don't have to drive the loaner around
Old 07-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #6
Adamzactor

New one Works flawlessly! Door panels on tight, no rattling so far anyway. They left the car pretty dirty but I'd rather clean it myself anyway. Would have preferred to do this with out the headache, but the end result is beautiful

Tags
1lt, ambient lights, darknight, interior, spectrum light