Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
jethrobandit

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS
Angry 2 Annoying issues - Seat belt and Squeak

So I have 2 mechanical issues that I need help with. I have a 2013 that is just out of warranty, but have had the local dealer try to deal with to no avail.

The first is that seat belt retainer clip magnet BROKE with the top half of the button breaking off and jettisoning itself into the ether. The dealer of course just shrugged and said "I dunno how to fix it" and I've searched the forums with most people just having issues with how strong or weak the magnet is. I've searched parts stores online and there is nothing to do with that little minor part. Now, most would say ignore it, but I'm 6'5" and that strap keeps the seat belt off my neck due to how far back I have to push the seat. Wondering if anyone has had this issue and found something to fix it with.

The 2nd issue is a fairly prominent squeak seemingly inside the dash, behind and below the steering column. This is an approximate area because it only happens when the car is moving and I can't legitimately crawl under the dash at that point. It is loud and everyone that rides in the car comments on it.... except for the dealership who never heard a thing. Even 2 of them that rode in the car with me... when it was loud enough to interrupt conversation... "hear that? nope..."

Has anyone heard a similar squeak or had one fixed or know what it's related to? I don't think it's IN the steering wheel like one issue that's been in the forums. Also, not at the top of the dash or to the right of the wheel.
jethrobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
I'd try a different dealer .

Tags
broken, interior, rattle, seat belt, squeak