The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #29
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That was also more than 10 years ago when you could buy an SRT4 new, hell the Dart GT which is the closest they have to a performance version of the Dart starts at 22K for an "impressive" 184HP. What do you think a 300+ HP Dart would cost?

The RS, will destroy a WRX. A regular WRX is more in line competition for the ST.

The RS is meant to compete with the STI, which starts at 34,695 and the Golf R which starts at 35,650 So this car is right in line with its competition price wise. It also offers 55 More HP than the STI and 60 more ft/lbs of torque. It also offers 58 more hp and 70 more lb/ft than the Golf R.

You are definitely right that there is a small target audience for this car though, but price wise it is right in line with its competition
Agreed. There are some crazy people out there who like AWD and 300+hp compacts.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:15 AM   #30
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Agreed. There are some crazy people out there who like AWD and 300+hp compacts.
Yep, small market but it is there. Since this car was already going on sale across the pond, not like Ford is taking a huge risk selling it here as well.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #31
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Priced just about right for it's competition. I'm excited to watch a head-2-head whenever Motor Trend gets around to it (they seem to be behind on their production recently as they don't even have one up for Camaro vs Mustang).

I've kind of been there done that with 4-cylinder turbo AWD cars though so I am gonna pass unless I feel like I need to save some money.
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #32
IntricateDetail

Drives: '12 Corvette GS / '13 Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
It's a Ford Focus...
It's comments like this that make people over on the Corvette forums laugh at all the Camaro owners.

Z28.....$75k....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it's still a dumb Camaro. I can get a Corvette Z06 for that. That's a real sports car. *rolls eyes*

So people can continue to label cars based on their "perception" of the model, instead of the actual car's performance...but it just makes you sound a bit ridiculous.

A few years ago, people scorned the Hyundai Genesis...both coupe and sedan. Now, the coupe competes with the V6 Mustang, Camaro, G37, and 370Z. The sedan rivals luxury competition twice its price. Not too many people laughing at the new 5.0L Genesis Sedan.

A Camaro should NEVER cost $75k if your argument is valid. It's a cheap "muscle car". But if that argument isn't valid, then I guess the whole statement is bogus.
IntricateDetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #33
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntricateDetail View Post
It's comments like this that make people over on the Corvette forums laugh at all the Camaro owners.

Z28.....$75k....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it's still a dumb Camaro. I can get a Corvette Z06 for that. That's a real sports car. *rolls eyes*

So people can continue to label cars based on their "perception" of the model, instead of the actual car's performance...but it just makes you sound a bit ridiculous.

A few years ago, people scorned the Hyundai Genesis...both coupe and sedan. Now, the coupe competes with the V6 Mustang, Camaro, G37, and 370Z. The sedan rivals luxury competition twice its price. Not too many people laughing at the new 5.0L Genesis Sedan.

A Camaro should NEVER cost $75k if your argument is valid. It's a cheap "muscle car". But if that argument isn't valid, then I guess the whole statement is bogus.
Well now your assuming I think the Z/28 is worth $75K. I never said I agree with anything GM has done around the Camaro, nor do I drive a Z/28.

Oh the Corvette people... putting your noses in the air claiming superiority. If I wanted a top end performance car... I wouldn't have purchased a Camaro. Shit I wouldn't buy a Corvette either... If I wanted a family car that could go fast I wouldn't buy a Genesis.

Ford Focuses are the generic run of the mill car from Ford. I purchase my cars for the looks that I like. So it is obviously subjective... It is never really a performance purchase for me. So my statement above I stand behind. The Focus is an ugly car in my eyes and so is the Genesis.

Go back to your Corvette troll cave and eat some over heating Stingray A8 transmissions.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #34
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntricateDetail View Post

Try explaining a Z06 to the average person on the street. They are going to view that $80k Z06 the same as the $55k 1LT. Same thing goes for the Focus. They won't see the potential and performance the RS offers, they will see the same car their relative/friend has. Is it ridiculous? To us it is, but not to public. Which is why you should never buy a car like this to impress anyone but yourself. There will always be someone who can't or won't appreciate the difference.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #35
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
whats going to be funny when these modded RS start running people down
Old 02-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #36
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

Kind of funny how the best Focus you can get is basically as fast as the Mustang GT and GT350 (in a straight line). Actually, come to think of it, there are a whole bunch of cars in the 4.5-4.6s 0-60 mph range these days. This really is a good time to be a car enthusiast.
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:24 PM   #37

Drives: 1970 Vette,16 1SS, 07 Ford Taurus
Many mustang owners probably should be on suicide watch especially the fan boys. First the new camaro crushes the gt and now a focus isn't far if it all behind the mustang.
70454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #38
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I love these cars
Old 02-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #39
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarc View Post
whats going to be funny when these modded RS start running people down
Do me a favor and put the word "modded" in front of the name of the car it will run down.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #40
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Do me a favor and put the word "modded" in front of the name of the car it will run down.
What car do you want me to name seems like your reaching here
Old 02-04-2016, 10:01 AM   #41
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Quote:
i think the point hes making is that cars should be compared as stock vs stock. anyone with enough money can make a focus RS outrun a Veyron. That doesn't make it a better car...it just means that the dude with the focus made it that way. its not an accurate representation of the car, its a representation of what can be done with money and modifications.

im never impressed when I hear "bla bla bla with a swap and giant turbo runs down a P1"...who cares? yea I get it, its fast good job. but don't compare modified cars to factory stock cars.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #42
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
My apologies for not being clearer. What modded car (modded xxxx) will the modded Focus RS run down?

At $42,970 with options, I can get a 1SS for $36,300 and save $6,670.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote