Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 04-24-2024, 05:15 PM   #71
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
I did the same and got the extra key. Geno's OBD lock fit perfectly. At first I thought it was loose but it's not the lock its the whole port is loose-ish in the dash. I now have the OBD Lock, a steering wheel club, the mobilistics starter lock and a faraday bag.

Out of curiosity, what club do you use? That's the only component I don't have, otherwise our strategy is identical
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:53 PM   #72
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Out of curiosity, what club do you use? That's the only component I don't have, otherwise our strategy is identical
I watched a youtube video where a guy defeats all types of steering wheel and other types of locks, but it seemed he struggled a bit more with this one. Plus the keyhole is curved a little therefore drilling it out would not be as simple. Here you go...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q2HWGZK...t_details&th=1

I figure every little bit helps. Cheers
Old 04-24-2024, 08:10 PM   #73
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
What we need is for someone to come up with a device that can lock the brake/clutch pedal to the steel crossmember behind the dash that anchors the entire dashboard to the chassis of the car.

Try cutting through that!
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:14 PM   #74
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I have 2 different real "Clubs", I am now installing them in the inverse of this picture (key lock facing the opposite direction) to make the keyhole far less accessible to drilling, this also makes them need to cut the steering wheel twice instead of just once... In addition to this, I have multiple other electronic deterrents which I won't share on a public forum...

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:55 PM   #75
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I have 2 different real "Clubs", I am now installing them in the inverse of this picture (key lock facing the opposite direction) to make the keyhole far less accessible to drilling, this also makes them need to cut the steering wheel twice instead of just once... In addition to this, I have multiple other electronic deterrents which I won't share on a public forum...

For some reason that seems to scream “see what I got now thieves? TRY and steal me now

Just kiddin. It would certainly make them work a little harder and be truly determined to attempt to steal it.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 01:36 AM   #76
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
For some reason that seems to scream “see what I got now thieves? TRY and steal me now

Just kiddin. It would certainly make them work a little harder and be truly determined to attempt to steal it.
My thought is, "I spent well over $100 for the obvious stuff, how much more did I spend for the (really effective) stuff that is going to cost you a LOT more time than you are willing to spend that you can't see and maybe have no idea what I did...???"

Here is a clue, the "visible" stuff is really just a "warning sign" that much more significant deterrents are in play, so hopefully they will just move one to an easier target... The obvious deterrents are merely time wasting deterrents...

Unless they have a flatbed and REALLY want my car and drag it up there, they aren't going to get it... And if they really want it that bad to drag it on a flatbed, have at it, I don't want it anymore...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 06:25 AM   #77
NovaSS4spdFan

Drives: 2024 2SS vert w/M6 & Dual Mode. Red
I had several clubs dating back to the late 70s. We used to turn the key lock towards the windshield which would make drilling out the lock near impossible. That era was before airbags.
NovaSS4spdFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 06:49 AM   #78
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
My thought is, "I spent well over $100 for the obvious stuff, how much more did I spend for the (really effective) stuff that is going to cost you a LOT more time than you are willing to spend that you can't see and maybe have no idea what I did...???"

Here is a clue, the "visible" stuff is really just a "warning sign" that much more significant deterrents are in play, so hopefully they will just move one to an easier target... The obvious deterrents are merely time wasting deterrents...

Unless they have a flatbed and REALLY want my car and drag it up there, they aren't going to get it... And if they really want it that bad to drag it on a flatbed, have at it, I don't want it anymore...
This makes sense in my head

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 07:23 AM   #79
Deacon Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaSS4spdFan View Post
I had several clubs dating back to the late 70s. We used to turn the key lock towards the windshield which would make drilling out the lock near impossible. That era was before airbags.

Did you need to be a contortionist to actually unlock the thing?
Old 04-25-2024, 09:35 AM   #80
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Does anyone make a pedal lock and a wheel lock (club) keyed the same, as a set?
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 01:29 PM   #81
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
How do I participate in this lawsuit as my car was stolen using low quality methods?
Old 04-25-2024, 03:50 PM   #82
fj5gtx

Drives: 70 GTX, 06 Mustang, 22 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Does anyone make a pedal lock and a wheel lock (club) keyed the same, as a set?
I'd put them on, but not lock them... with the idea that they don't break your window to get in... But know that its real easy and fast to cut the steering wheel if they've brought a $5 hack saw.

https://youtu.be/1tFEiSS1APM
Old 04-25-2024, 04:26 PM   #83
Deacon Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
I watched a youtube video where a guy defeats all types of steering wheel and other types of locks, but it seemed he struggled a bit more with this one. Plus the keyhole is curved a little therefore drilling it out would not be as simple. Here you go...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q2HWGZK...t_details&th=1

I figure every little bit helps. Cheers
Old 04-25-2024, 06:39 PM   #84
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
How do I participate in this lawsuit as my car was stolen using low quality methods?
Sorry your car was stolen but these are industry standard technologies. The Camaro has had them since 2016. Suddenly the Camaro is easy to steal? Also you will need to prove this is how your Camaro was stolen and unless you got it back this would be nearly impossible to determine.

But the article had the lawyers info in LA I believe.