Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #29
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Looks Good! Wow, I knew the brakes were huge on the ZL1, but were always kinda hidden by the stock wheel. Holy mother of mercy!! Those brakes are massive.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #30
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggitydog View Post
I wasn't going to post but came back again and just can't understand how these are better than the stock factory wheels on either form or function.

I heard the same thing when we took the 21" wheels off of our Audi SQ5 and replaced them with HRE FF01 wheels. I bet you that even though the stock ZL1 and 1LE are forged from the factory that these HRE wheels are as nice and actually come out weighing less than the OEM wheel.

Form and Function are always up to the eye of the beholder, in this case he has a wheel as nice as the ZL1 OEM wheel that is also lighter than the ZL1 wheel.

The ZL1 wheel is nice, one of the better wheel designs form GM but it has a lot of crevices to it which makes it a pain to clean and it is somewhat over a busy design for sure.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:08 PM   #31
LowLife

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Looks like Phastek 1.5 all around. Sits just like mine, right on top of the tires where they should set. Cool looking ride.

I'm running the eibach coils on it , Thanks for the props

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Looks Good! Wow, I knew the brakes were huge on the ZL1, but were always kinda hidden by the stock wheel. Holy mother of mercy!! Those brakes are massive.
its crazy how big they are aren't they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
I heard the same thing when we took the 21" wheels off of our Audi SQ5 and replaced them with HRE FF01 wheels. I bet you that even though the stock ZL1 and 1LE are forged from the factory that these HRE wheels are as nice and actually come out weighing less than the OEM wheel.

Form and Function are always up to the eye of the beholder, in this case he has a wheel as nice as the ZL1 OEM wheel that is also lighter than the ZL1 wheel.

The ZL1 wheel is nice, one of the better wheel designs form GM but it has a lot of crevices to it which makes it a pain to clean and it is somewhat over a busy design for sure.
HRE does a great job on there stuff, the flowform line has been great for them getting wheels out there to folks like me that can't afford there big boy wheels lol, but still want a great quality wheel . One day ill save enuf box tops and ill have a set haha.
LowLife is offline   Reply With Quote