#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-03-2018, 05:04 PM   #15
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
PM me price on my stock Lt4 blower and I might go Whipple. Thanks.
me too please
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:05 PM   #16
LowLife

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
all good, I could possibly work that stock blower in on trade too I can always use them
I’ll pm you Monday, Thank you sir
LowLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:41 AM   #17
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLife View Post
I know what your saying , I just don't want to put a hole in my tank at this point. with the LT5 coming out I'm hoping to see more options and maybe some price changes but only time will tell. I don't have a end game on this car yet , only time will tell when I feel its making enough power.
Yes but I've compared the LT4 vs LT5 fuel system already. High side is identical, port side is new obv, and it has the same low side tank pump which doesn't take much more to get 100 HP from the low side on 93 so it was adequate. LT4 guys can achieve this with a 15% lower, intake, and a tune. The LT5 has a completely new ECM, the E99 that communicates to their piggy back controller, so guys hoping for a retrofit are likely going to be disappointed as the firmware in the other control modules like the BCM will be different.

We could've easily made our own machined hat to do in tank pumps, but it's just not really worth the labor in dropping the tank. Tapping the tank is nothing complicated, it's been done for a long time and the billet tank tap fitting we use has a -10 feed and -8 return and it sandwiches the tank so you're not just screwing a bulk head through the plastic, but it clamps it and keeps a tight seal, even has a pre-filter on the end of it. We haven't had one leak yet! The larger line pump is commanded on and only runs when needed too, so you're not constantly running and returning fuel with big tank pumps, which heats it up. If you ever want to remove it, take it out, leave the tank fitting in place and screw a couple of -10 and -8 caps on it and you're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
PM me price on my stock Lt4 blower and I might go Whipple. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
me too please
done and done, also sent the port injection option which puts the bungs and rails in place with billet injector plugs so you can easily add it later should you choose. It's a lot better to do this before it's powder coated than after.
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:47 PM   #18
MOSAIC BLACK 1LE

Drives: Mosaic Black ZL1 M6
I’m interested in the Whipple too. Can you PM he the price if I was to send my stock one back??
MOSAIC BLACK 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:23 PM   #19
demonik

Drives: 2018 ZL1
same request, PM please for a trade. Thanks!
demonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #20
Rlhay2

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
We could've easily made our own machined hat to do in tank pumps, but it's just not really worth the labor in dropping the tank. Tapping the tank is nothing complicated, it's been done for a long time and the billet tank tap fitting we use has a -10 feed and -8 return and it sandwiches the tank so you're not just screwing a bulk head through the plastic, but it clamps it and keeps a tight seal, even has a pre-filter on the end of it. We haven't had one leak yet!

The larger line pump is commanded on and only runs when needed too, so you're not constantly running and returning fuel with big tank pumps, which heats it up. If you ever want to remove it, take it out, leave the tank fitting in place and screw a couple of -10 and -8 caps on it and you're done.
It's posts like this that has me seriously considering driving from Texas to Ohio. I am very pleased to see that there is no longer a need to use methanol to offset fuel deficiencies!!

I'm eager to see a no methanol, 100% E85 Whipple dyno post. I'd also like to see the same test with a TVS2650, but that will have to wait a few more months.
Rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #21
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
PM for trade...im 85% ready to pull trigger
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:07 PM   #22
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
I'll chime in and say Weapon X's prices are very reasonable esp with the core charge. But, that is just my opinion. Plus, they've been very responsive on the IM.