The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 01-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
BritishTeacherKSA

Drives: Camaro 97
Intro-Advice Needed

Hi, I am glad to have joined this great forum. Real nice info.

I have some questions and need some real quick basic advice.

I am teaching English as you perhaps guessed from my username. Well, now I have a new hobby, yes, it's sports cars. I don't want to get one so that I can do 200KM on the highway. Just something a bit fast in the city where I know the road is good and clear. Something stylish and grabs attention. So, a Camaro is one of my options. I am looking just for my first sports car, nothing excellent. Then I want to look after it and sell it later and buy a better one and so on. I am not tall, just average height at most so, a small sports car would suit me fine. I am working in the South of KSA so would need to bring the car from Jeddah city where most Camaros are, that's about 600Km away. There will be some mountain terrain on the way though, which worries me as the Camaro might over-heat. I have found some Camaros in Jeddah and at the moment don't have a high budget as I might be filing for a divorce and so then later on looking for a new wife but this time getting to know her first better! So here are the Camaros I have seen so far and need advice on.

A red, 1997 Camaro, Automatic, owned by an Expat who has travelled abroad for further study, so his Father is selling it as he needs the money. 3.8i 6 Valve with 250,000Km on the clock. He wants now SR 10,000 which is about $2666. It has been advertised in a few places with different pictures, on different occasions. I don't want to travel with this car except once to take it to my city of work. The problem is that if there are any major issues with it then I must order the parts which takes 2 days but that is not an issue for me. Some people in my city of work are trying to discourage me from looking for a sports car due to lack of spare parts in the city. What do you think. Here are the links;

http://saudi.dubizzle.com/en/jeddah/...988051fd/show/

http://bey3.com/jeddah/cars-vehicles...7-urgnet-sale/

http://www.expatriates.com/cls/21807727.html

I hope to get a Camaro and learn how to look after it, thanks.
BritishTeacherKSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome
Old 01-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Welcome to Camaro 5...
Old 01-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishTeacherKSA View Post
Hi, I am glad to have joined this great forum. Real nice info.
Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote