The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 05-11-2016, 08:39 PM   #1
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Doom running on GTX 1080 with Vulkan API

id Software came to Nvidia's event to show off Doom running on a GTX 1080. They've also been working with Nvidia to get Vulkan support working, which is what they previewed. How fast is it? Frame rates are hitting 200 fps at times.

Played at true Doom speeds.

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I used to religiously play Doom and Doom 2 in the early - mid 90's! I totally forgot that it was recently released! I don't know why, but I thought next year? Anyways I'm excited to go pick this up either tonight or tomorrow!

I've heard it's amazing! I just don't know if I should buy it on my Alienware 17 PC (it would be my first game on the PC) or my XBOX ONE which I use my big screen for. The PC of course is where it all started, but at this point I'm not sure.

I know for a fact that the PC is the king with speed and graphics, but on the XBOX ONE some people say it has just about 60 frames per second? I'd think the PC Would but the XBOX ONE, hmm not sure!

Anyways can't wait to get it, practice and join a league!
same here. I had the same debate whether to get it for my PC (which isn't the most expensive and elaborate pc, but can play a modded fallout game just fine). Or get it for my xbox. I just got it for my xbox and its a great game so far.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
Dizzy82

PC is uncapped, did you see those frame rates. Personally FPS games don't feel right with a controller. Keyboard/mouse all the way.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Old 05-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I'm hoping to upgrade to the 1070 from the 960. should be a vast improvement.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
Dizzy82

The GTX 1070 is 75% the power of the 1080 (twice the power of the Titan), with an MSRP of $379 it sound like a great deal. My 970 is plenty powerful, but the 1070 is very tempting.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:11 AM   #6
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
PC is uncapped, did you see those frame rates. Personally FPS games don't feel right with a controller. Keyboard/mouse all the way.
Complete opposite here. I found it so hard to play fallout 4 with my keyboard and mouse. lol Will always be a console guy but appreciate the pc too.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Just curious, but if the new GTX 1080 is around $600 and the 1070 around $350, both being better than the 980ti (~$650), would the price of the 980 drop significantly? why would anyone want to pay more for an inferior product?

even if the 1070 is about as good as the 980, the price is about half for the 1070.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #8
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Yeah they're really cutting the floor under the 980 lol. It'll have to drop to like $250 haha

I always laugh when I buy games now, I'm generally a PC gamer but received an xbox one as a gift last year. So now when I buy games, I have to decide which platform. I love playing on my large TV and sound system, but keyboard and mouse (with low lag monitor) are great also. Ah, first world problems lol
Old 05-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
Yeah they're really cutting the floor under the 980 lol. It'll have to drop to like $250 haha

I always laugh when I buy games now, I'm generally a PC gamer but received an xbox one as a gift last year. So now when I buy games, I have to decide which platform. I love playing on my large TV and sound system, but keyboard and mouse (with low lag monitor) are great also. Ah, first world problems lol
I'm running into that problem all the time. I have a lot more friends that play on xbox one, and not a lot that have a good gaming pc, so I end up getting most games on the xbox. Only if the game is pc exclusive or single player, do I get a game on the pc. If it's cheap enough, i'll get both. lol
Old 05-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #10
Dizzy82

I'm very interested in the GTX1070. May be my next card to upgrade to.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:03 PM   #11
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I'm running into that problem all the time. I have a lot more friends that play on xbox one, and not a lot that have a good gaming pc, so I end up getting most games on the xbox. Only if the game is pc exclusive or single player, do I get a game on the pc. If it's cheap enough, i'll get both. lol
Haha yeah I totally hear you. A lot of my friends have XB1 but I don't think even one has a gaming computer, so same with you, PC exclusive or single player I'm generally on PC
Old 05-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #12
Dizzy82

I sold all my PlayStations and Xboxes, I only game on PC now.