Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-30-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
svtfever

Drives: ford escape
in the market. questions?

I will be in the market soon and got the blessing from the wife lol. I am still having a hard time deciding on colors. its either red or silver. I have found about 1 billion red pics but barely any ones of silver. can someone here help me out. and the final thing is auto vs manual. I don't think I will get the pdr bc I am not so sure I would ever honestly use it. but if there are any of you with silver zl1s, please attach pics here.
svtfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
This is my opinion only...

I have Red Hot and it looks fantastic up close especially with all the black accents on the ZL1. From a distance I think it's okay but not as stunning as up close.

I like silver cars but only if the shade of silver is bright. The Silver Ice Metallic is a very boring shade of silver and therefore does not appeal to me on the ZL1. This is a very unpopular color for this car, perhaps other people agree with my feelings based on sales.

I think Solid Black, Summit White, Hyper Blue Metallic, and Nightfall Gray are better alternatives to the silver you're considering, even Arctic Blue is better.

I have PDR and will never use it either. Perhaps good for resale but I will never get my monies worth.
I know the A10 is a fantastic transmission from all that I've read. For me though, I will always choose manual, and did.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:56 PM   #3
svtfever

Drives: ford escape
I am thinking you may be right. its hard to pick the transmission too. all I have ever had has been manual. I know than 10spd is lightning fast but driving a stick with over 600hp is a whole lot of fun. is the 6 speed in the zl1 and different than whats in the 1le? I felt a 1le today and it had a lot of shifter play.
svtfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:39 PM   #4
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfever View Post
I am thinking you may be right. its hard to pick the transmission too. all I have ever had has been manual. I know than 10spd is lightning fast but driving a stick with over 600hp is a whole lot of fun. is the 6 speed in the zl1 and different than whats in the 1le? I felt a 1le today and it had a lot of shifter play.
I've never driven a 1le so I can't comment. I think the short throw matched with a medium weighted clutch in the ZL1 is a great match.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #5
hamp
ZL1 Nut

Drives: 10 SS/RS;12 ZL1;17ZL1;22ZL1;24ZL1
2017 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10

I prefer the Hyper Blue and go ahead and get the A10. I enjoy the manual don't get me wrong I've got three 6 speed cars but this A10 is a blast to drive
hamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:57 PM   #6
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I like blacks, silvers and blues. If I was to special order a ZL1, I would probably go with Arctic Blue, stripe package, manual and PDR. Built the car on the Chevrolet site as listed and it's my desktop on the old PC. Search here for arctic blue to get an idea. PDR is a neat option, if you don't want, don't get but make sure you give it good thought. Even daily driving it may come in handy. Can't go wrong with any color they offer.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #7
Smuuth

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1
I have Hyper Blue with the A10 and absolutely love it, but after seeing an actual 6th gen in Arctic Blue, I was very impressed with how nice that color looks in person. It's nothing like the depiction in the pictures or on the internet where it just looks like another silver.
Smuuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:07 PM   #8
Mize442

Drives: Current driver AMC emlin X 5ltr.
I have the Hyber Blue. It looks amazing. I have always had a MS transmission in sports cars but I went with the A10 and I am super happy with it. I love to put it into manual shift mode. You'll love it.
Mize442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:44 AM   #9
jarhead420

Drives: 2021 ZL1 Convertible
I personally haven't seen many silver. I don't think that you can go wrong with whatever color you choose. I went with the special order Garnet Red and my wife and I love the color. I also didn't opt for the PDR as I will never use it. I did order the M6 over the A10. I was always taught that a muscle car should have three pedals.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:45 AM   #10
Nitro66215

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert - M6,SIM,CFW,NAV
I know it's a vert... but the SIM is growing on me. I wanted Garnet Red, but couldn't find it.
Attached Images

2018 2SS Vert - Hot Wheels - Indy 500 #30

2017 ZL1 Vert - M6 , SIM, CFW, NAV

2017 RS 1LT 2.0T Vert - A8, Garnet Red - SOLD :-(
Added - IO6 - NAV, UHS - Enhanced Display, K4C - Wireless Charger, UV6 -
Heads-Up Display - DIY

2011 CTS-V - Black / Black - SOLD. :-(
2013 ZL1 - Black / Black - SOLD. :-(
2010 2SS - Indy 500 Pace Car. - SOLD. :-(
2002 Z28 - Pewter / Black - SOLD. :-(
Nitro66215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:00 AM   #11
isleguy99

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM A10
I had a hard time deciding on colors. I loved the white on my 2013 ZL1 but I just thought that color didn't look as good on the 2017. Never thought I'd go blue but the hyperblue is beautiful. I just don't think Silver wows on the new ZL1 (it still looks great though in any color). Could've waited for Red Hot at my local dealer Red wasn't for me. I found a hyperblue and it had PDR (which I will likely hardly ever use). I got the A10 and am happy I did. Ultimately color is very subjective if you love it that's all that matters. No matter what you choose it will be awesome!
isleguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:44 AM   #12
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfever View Post
I will be in the market soon and got the blessing from the wife lol. I am still having a hard time deciding on colors. its either red or silver. I have found about 1 billion red pics but barely any ones of silver. can someone here help me out. and the final thing is auto vs manual. I don't think I will get the pdr bc I am not so sure I would ever honestly use it. but if there are any of you with silver zl1s, please attach pics here.
You want silver, manual transmission, with stripe, you now prefer brunettes, wear khaki shorts today, and tomorrow you will eat oatmeal for breakfast.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:52 AM   #13
catdog

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 pdr roof CF blk
I love the arctic silver and would have picked it except every single Gen6 Camaro that I see in that color has some color mismatch between the front bumper and the rest of car/fenders. Go ahead and look at as many as you want... always seems there, also there to a lesser degree in nightfall grey metallic cars....

My experience with the black is that it's very very painful to keep scratch free and clean even though it's stunning when it is. If I were to do it again, I would go with the red as #1 choice and hyperblue as #2 and white as #3
catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:26 AM   #14
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog View Post
I love the arctic silver and would have picked it except every single Gen6 Camaro that I see in that color has some color mismatch between the front bumper and the rest of car/fenders. Go ahead and look at as many as you want... always seems there, also there to a lesser degree in nightfall grey metallic cars....

My experience with the black is that it's very very painful to keep scratch free and clean even though it's stunning when it is. If I were to do it again, I would go with the red as #1 choice and hyperblue as #2 and white as #3
That's usually somewhat common on modern vehicles because of the plastic/composite transition to metal.
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote