The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-26-2022, 07:49 PM   #1
Blobby

Drives: Former Owner '16 Camaro 2LT V6 conv
Not allowed to adjust headlights

This is a 2021 Mazda CX-5 without the auto lateral adjusting headlights. There is a cover on the lateral adjustment screw, which would make sense of it had the fancy headlights, but not for mine. The dealer said everything’s fine, and Mazda parroted what the dealer said. Anyone have any idea how to find out the official headlight aiming protocol? It ought to be written somewhere. I cant imagine that Mazda is so confident in their headlamp assembly that they think they don’t need lateral adjuster for the life of the vehicle.

The Mazda forum was absolutely no help.
Blobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:14 PM   #2
crazedmodder

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE
There is supposed to be a roller knob near the traction control off button, above the fuel door open/engine bay open buttons. There's a cluster of 6 or 7 buttons there. That lets you adjust the vertical aim of the headlights based on what you're carrying.

Look in your user manual for "Headlight Leveling".

If you need the actual mechanical adjustment that dealerships and garages do, sorry I can't help you with that. I am pretty shocked to hear that it is covered and not accessible. Seems odd to me, but it may be due to the adjustment available from the driver's seat.
crazedmodder is offline   Reply With Quote