Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-14-2022, 08:56 AM   #15
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I don't think a 1LE is only worth it if you plan on tracking the car. I never quite understood that disposition. It's an excellent package even if you don't plan on tracking it. It's very confidence inspiring and feels great along the roads. If I were ever to buy another Camaro, which I don't think I ever would, I don't think I'd buy one without the 1LE package. I say that having owned a 2SS w/ magride, a 1SS 1LE and a ZL1 1LE.
I'm a LT1 owner who REALLY wanted a 1LE. I needed to buy new, and in my situation, the difference in price was $10K (about $200 more per month). Combining this with the fact my car was never going to see a road course, made it easy to choose the LT1. I like the lower curb weight and lower drag coefficient the LT1 enjoys over the 1LE. My LT1 with the blower kit mounted still weighs less than a 1LE.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:51 AM   #16
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1ornothing View Post
I'm a LT1 owner who REALLY wanted a 1LE. I needed to buy new, and in my situation, the difference in price was $10K (about $200 more per month). Combining this with the fact my car was never going to see a road course, made it easy to choose the LT1. I like the lower curb weight and lower drag coefficient the LT1 enjoys over the 1LE. My LT1 with the blower kit mounted still weighs less than a 1LE.
I get that everyone has different goals and desires but for me, the 1LE package, especially after it became available with the A10, to me, is the complete Camaro experience. If I wanted to impress upon someone the capabilities of the car, that's the car I would choose. Now, for folks who have different goals or priorities, then you have to purchase what makes sense for you. Sort of why I left the Camaro game behind all together. It just wasn't for me in general, despite my love for the 1LE cars.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:58 AM   #17
LT1ornothing

Quote:
I get that everyone has different goals and desires but for me, the 1LE package, especially after it became available with the A10, to me, is the complete Camaro experience. If I wanted to impress upon someone the capabilities of the car, that's the car I would choose. Now, for folks who have different goals or priorities, then you have to purchase what makes sense for you. Sort of why I left the Camaro game behind all together. It just wasn't for me in general, despite my love for the 1LE cars.
I love those TTRS and RS3s, but automatic sports/muscle cars are not my cup of tea. I'd much rather have a built automatic truck than a built automatic sports car. I'm just not interested in any automatic sports car.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:04 AM   #18
92c4m6

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
yeah no offense because like you said "different goals" but I would rather not have a camaro at all than have an auto car.
92c4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:34 AM   #19
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1ornothing View Post
I love those TTRS and RS3s, but automatic sports/muscle cars are not my cup of tea. I'd much rather have a built automatic truck than a built automatic sports car. I'm just not interested in any automatic sports car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92c4m6 View Post
yeah no offense because like you said "different goals" but I would rather not have a camaro at all than have an auto car.
Lol. I was in the same boat some years back when I was a younger man. Nothing would turn me off to a car more than seeing that it was an automatic and a convertible (trucks are also a complete pass/deal breaker in any form). While I've gotten over the automatic part, a convertible is still a 100% deal breaker for me and I'll never own a truck.

But if it makes you guys feel better, both of my 1LE's were manual transmission cars. But now I value sheer metrics over perceived driver engagement. I feel just as engaged driving my DCT cars as I ever did driving my manual transmission cars.

Different strokes, different folks. But back to my point, I'd still get a 1LE of any trim Camaro before I got a standard model.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:39 AM   #20
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I love my 1LE, but if I was shopping a 2022 I would try the LT1 with Bose. Get a 6MT and you can’t go wrong either way!
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:40 AM   #21
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Boosted variants aside, I think that the LT1 is the best trim for going fast in a straight line, the 1LE is the best for doing curvy stuff like road courses and autocross and the 1SS / 2SS trims are the best mix of the two. Better than LT1 on curves, better than 1LE in the quarter mile, though that is more driver dependent than comparing an SS to an LT1 on curves.

The 2SS in particular adds a lot of the goodies that also make it an excellent boulevard cruiser.

So basically, there’s a Camaro for every situation. As far as aesthetics, to each his own, but I’m Team 1LE when it it comes to looks.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:40 AM   #22
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
Since you drag race you should go LT1, because that would be the better choice.

Someone is bound to tell you that you could just buy parts and make it a 1LE.

https://youtu.be/KAZnmoGIWMQ

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #23
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Lol. I was in the same boat some years back when I was a younger man. Nothing would turn me off to a car more than seeing that it was an automatic and a convertible (trucks are also a complete pass/deal breaker in any form). While I've gotten over the automatic part, a convertible is still a 100% deal breaker for me and I'll never own a truck.

But if it makes you guys feel better, both of my 1LE's were manual transmission cars. But now I value sheer metrics over perceived driver engagement. I feel just as engaged driving my DCT cars as I ever did driving my manual transmission cars.

Different strokes, different folks. But back to my point, I'd still get a 1LE of any trim Camaro before I got a standard model.
How do you like your Audis? I've been confronted with the inconveniences of the Camaro frequently and was somewhat considering the S4 / S5.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:56 AM   #24
LT1ornothing

Quote:

Glad to hear the DCT filled the void for you. I have had the opportunity to sample the DCT in someone's modded RS3 as well as the A10 on a newer 1SS. I appreciated them for what they are and I value their performance advantage, but I know myself and would find it boring after just one day. I might consider a truck with the A10 as my next daily. My M6 LT1 will be 4 years old soon, and to this very day, I still get a goofy smile on every WOT shift, just as I did when it was brand new.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:19 AM   #25
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I think you'll be happy with either one.

For me, the wheels, tires, rear brakes and the lower top speed are deal breakers. Plenty of LT1 owners will pooh pooh the lower top speed as unimportant and that's fine. For me it is important which is why I wouldn't buy an LT1. To be clear, I'm not dissing the car, they're fine cars, just not what I'm looking for.

Other's will say you can essentially turn an LT1 into a 1LE. I believe that's not completely true AND, just trying to will cost you way more than buying the 1LE to begin with.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:26 AM   #26
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92c4m6 View Post
I know this should be subjective but I'm having a tough time. I like both aesthetically (with my chosen options on the lt1) I'm right at 41K on the lt1 vs 48K on the 1le. The money isn't Hugely important but still is some. I will be using the car for DD purposes. I live in South Carolina so i can(and will) drive it 90+ percent of the time.

Additionally I will be going to the dragstrip 3-5x a year other than that no track use in my future.

HELP!
As you stated , DD and Drag Strip , the LT1 and 1SS are the perfect choices , the 1LE package will limit the Cars ability to work properly in the quarter mile , suffer the bottom line in Drag Racing ET and MPH . Now DD with 1LE package is a track Car in a DD application. I can't comment on the 1LE package 1st hand , 2nd hand information is not fair. Nov 21 I purchased a 22 1SS A10 , raced the Summit ET racing series, this last season (Arizona's Racing Season runs January to June ) the Car is vantastic it will not disappoint you, the LT1 engine , A10 (is a must for Drag Racing) with the 1SS trim suspension runs 12.17 @ 115 all day Stock with a CAI only.
Back in June I sold the car for more than MSRP, and ordered a 2023 ZL1 , delivered in September.
Good luck with your choice . If the LT1 comes with the rear camera and side warning, there great safety features, for DD , if not as stated above , you would half to go 2SS . Pic of 1SS , typical time slip .
Happy Motoring
Attached Images

Last edited by JTS; 12-14-2022 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Added info and corrected info
JTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:31 AM   #27
LT1ornothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I think you'll be happy with either one.

For me, the wheels, tires, rear brakes and the lower top speed are deal breakers. Plenty of LT1 owners will pooh pooh the lower top speed as unimportant and that's fine. For me it is important which is why I wouldn't buy an LT1. To be clear, I'm not dissing the car, they're fine cars, just not what I'm looking for.

Other's will say you can essentially turn an LT1 into a 1LE. I believe that's not completely true AND, just trying to will cost you way more than buying the 1LE to begin with.
Wheels, tires and speed limiter are easily resolved on the LT1. Rear brakes would be a challenge to change, but they have no additional value outside of a road course, The front brakes do 90% of the stopping. A LT1 with a 6 piston front brake upgrade will stop just as good as a 1LE.
I agree with you that you can't turn a LT1 into a 1LE.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:35 AM   #28
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS View Post
As you stated , DD and Drag Strip , the LT1 and 1SS are the perfect choices , the 1LE package will limit the Cars ability to work properly in the quarter mile , suffer the bottom line in Drag Racing ET and MPH . Now DD with 1LE package is a track Car in a DD application. If the ride and over time creeks , groans and rattle's will not bother you great, they will happen , A friend of mine has the 1LE package . Nov 21 I purchased a 22 1SS , raced the Summit ET racing series, this last season (Arizona's Racing Season runs January to June ) the Car is vantastic it will not disappoint you, the LT1 engine with the 1SS trim suspension runs 12.17 @ 115 all day Stock with a CAI only.
Back in June I sold the car for more than MSRP, and ordered a 2023 ZL1 , delivered in September.
Good luck with your choice . Pic of 1SS , typical time slip .
Happy Motoring
Respectfully, mine has over 60,000 miles on it, with zero 'creeks, groans and rattle's'. In touring it rides just like my 2016 1SS did.

Yep, an M6 1LE will run the quarter in about 12.3 whereas an LT1 will run it in about 12.2.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote