Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
My newest Toy.

After shopping for the past 3 days between the Zl1, Lexus LC500 (OMG, it was tough not to pick that car, it was almost straight out of Tron) and the Maserati, we slept on it, compared all three then went with the Maserati. Not to mention, they basically gave it away. $160k sticker, got it for $129k. It's a 2017. Payments were $500 less than what the Lexus would of been and $800 more than the Zl1. We traded in our Lexus RC350 and for the first time in the history of buying cars, we got payoff for the Lexus. Maserati took care of us and I couldn't of been more impressed. Once we take delivery tomorrow, I'll do a video and a walk around. The build quality. Wow.

It's my first Italian car and even tho it's down on power and the tech is dated back 10 years ago, driving it was just something I couldn't forget.

So, now, I wait for the Zl1 1LE to come out so I can add it to my stable.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #2
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Beautiful car, congrats! I bet it sounds awesome.

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:11 AM   #3
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
Beautiful car, congrats! I bet it sounds awesome.
Thank you sir.

When we slept on it, Jen and I woke up and I said, so, what's it gonna be? Oddly enough, she said, I can't get the sound of the Maserati out of my head. That's the car. And, I agree'd. Like most reviews of the car, there is something.......magical about the damn thing. It's ain't no Zl1 or Z06 that's for sure, but there's this weird feeling that you are driving the Italian step child of Ferrari and you are proud of it. And Maserati wasn't even on my radar, but I figured, let's go check them out. Prob the best dealer experience I've ever had btw. Which, wasn't expected either.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:32 AM   #4
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
Congrats! My friend had a granturismo S. Boy that thing sounded unbelievably good. By far one of the best sounding modern v8's. Gives a bit of that high pitch sound you get in the E90-92 M3's. But more Italian attitude. If only it was a manual! But i don't care too much. That baby is a mastered GT car. Combination of good looks, attitude, luxury and class and obviously that sound! Enjoy it my man! Haven't seen one with a ducktail spoiler like that. I kind of like it
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Congratulations! That'll be a fantastic car for years to come.

I guarantee you the sound will never get old!

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #6
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
Congrats! My friend had a granturismo S. Boy that thing sounded unbelievably good. By far one of the best sounding modern v8's. Gives a bit of that high pitch sound you get in the E90-92 M3's. But more Italian attitude. If only it was a manual! But i don't care too much. That baby is a mastered GT car. Combination of good looks, attitude, luxury and class and obviously that sound! Enjoy it my man! Haven't seen one with a ducktail spoiler like that. I kind of like it
It's the SE. So, it has carbon all over the damn place, including the spoiler. Side splitters, front lower splitter, mirrors, door handles, hood, and the interior. Only 400 produced. I'd have to look at the tag to see which # I have out of the 400. I'm waiting on the dealer to get it tinted, then I'll be picking it up.

They did have the new Alfa Guilia Q there and I was getting hyped on that car by the reviews, but in person, eh. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz fest. Did nothing for me on the looks department.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:27 AM   #7
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I know there's several models of Maserati out there but I don't know what is what.

All I do know is that another dad at my daughter's school has a black one and likes to hard park in it while picking up his kid. Stands by it with his aviators and leather jacket like a 50-year-old badass but acts like a douche bag to anyone that wants to talk about the car.

Anyways, once I got my Camaro, I started to bring it to pick up my daughter. Everyone pays more attention to my car and I catch him glancing / glaring all the time. Even the little kids come up to me all the time and no one gives two F's about his "supercar".

I'm pretty sure his is the cheapest one in the sportscar lineup (not awesome like the OP's) and he possibly stretched to own it...at least from what I know about him, his job and that he isn't like the other rich people sending their kid to private school.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:54 PM   #8
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I know there's several models of Maserati out there but I don't know what is what.

All I do know is that another dad at my daughter's school has a black one and likes to hard park in it while picking up his kid. Stands by it with his aviators and leather jacket like a 50-year-old badass but acts like a douche bag to anyone that wants to talk about the car.

Anyways, once I got my Camaro, I started to bring it to pick up my daughter. Everyone pays more attention to my car and I catch him glancing / glaring all the time. Even the little kids come up to me all the time and no one gives two F's about his "supercar".

I'm pretty sure his is the cheapest one in the sportscar lineup (not awesome like the OP's) and he possibly stretched to own it...at least from what I know about him, his job and that he isn't like the other rich people sending their kid to private school.
Bwahahaha, now that shit was funny. Yea, um, Maserati is far from a super car and if anyone thinks that then yea, they must be new to money or something. But, I will go out on a limb and say I'll get more looks in the Maserati than I do in the Z06. But, we'll see. Not that I care or anything. I was actually cross shopping the Bentley's, but I'm not there yet to dip into the $200k price point range on a car yet.

Well, the Gran Turismo is their sports car, so I'm not sure how cheap the line up is price point wise. I know their resale value is prob THE worst. I saw '16s with 10,000 miles going for $80-$90k so. That's a $40k hit right at the start.

I think for me, it's been interesting the past 3 years to see which car gets the most attention. I had a '14 Zl1, eh, got some looks. Went to a '15 GTR, eh, got about the same attention. Then went to a '15 Aston Martin Vanquish, got a shit load of looks, then bought my current '16 Z06. That car has gotten me the most thumbs up you can imagine. The Maserati, we'll see. I didn't buy it cus of what others think anyways. It's my first dabble into the Italian brands. I'm not worthy of a Ferrari 458 or Huracan yet so. Maybe next year or so. The Zl1 1LE is next on my list. I'll prob trade the Z06 in on it. I just like cars. I usually buy 1 or 2 a year, have fun, then get rid of them to try something else.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #9
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
My personal experience driving my dad's porsche compared to my 1LE. You get the same amount of looks. In the camaro they look at the car. In the porsche they look at the driver

Some food for thought on the idea that the maserati would get more looks than a z06. I would assume the same amount of looks just aimed differently.
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #10
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Bwahahaha, now that shit was funny. Yea, um, Maserati is far from a super car and if anyone thinks that then yea, they must be new to money or something. But, I will go out on a limb and say I'll get more looks in the Maserati than I do in the Z06. But, we'll see. Not that I care or anything. I was actually cross shopping the Bentley's, but I'm not there yet to dip into the $200k price point range on a car yet.

Well, the Gran Turismo is their sports car, so I'm not sure how cheap the line up is price point wise. I know their resale value is prob THE worst. I saw '16s with 10,000 miles going for $80-$90k so. That's a $40k hit right at the start.

I think for me, it's been interesting the past 3 years to see which car gets the most attention. I had a '14 Zl1, eh, got some looks. Went to a '15 GTR, eh, got about the same attention. Then went to a '15 Aston Martin Vanquish, got a shit load of looks, then bought my current '16 Z06. That car has gotten me the most thumbs up you can imagine. The Maserati, we'll see. I didn't buy it cus of what others think anyways. It's my first dabble into the Italian brands. I'm not worthy of a Ferrari 458 or Huracan yet so. Maybe next year or so. The Zl1 1LE is next on my list. I'll prob trade the Z06 in on it. I just like cars. I usually buy 1 or 2 a year, have fun, then get rid of them to try something else.
I know for a fact that he thinks it's a Supercar because he told me it's a Supercar and another Dad then told him that my car is faster than his Supercar so we're not super sure he is correct about the Super-ness of it.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #11
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I know for a fact that he thinks it's a Supercar because he told me it's a Supercar and another Dad then told him that my car is faster than his Supercar so we're not super sure he is correct about the Super-ness of it.
Haha, this guy is hilarious. I just drove it home. It's by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar a supercar. Not even close. It's a Gran Turismo in every since of the word. I think the 0-60 is like 4.5. It's a dog compared to the Z06. Or the Zl1 for that matter, but that is obviously why I didn't buy it. It's more the fiances daily than my toy. But, it's a nice ride. Took a 20 mile trip home. Got to play with it a little bit. It's what it is. A tourer. It ain't gonna throw your head back that's for sure. It is bliss tho. Comfy.

Btw, I got #1 out of 400, so that was pretty cool I guess.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #12
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
My personal experience driving my dad's porsche compared to my 1LE. You get the same amount of looks. In the camaro they look at the car. In the porsche they look at the driver

Some food for thought on the idea that the maserati would get more looks than a z06. I would assume the same amount of looks just aimed differently.
^ Very true. Never thought about it like that.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:41 AM   #13
Zepp

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
That's a beautiful ride, congrats!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:44 AM   #14
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Beautiful car, the italians never disappoint. How do you like the handling/performance/comfort?
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote