The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
Raven87
C'mon- really?
 
Raven87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nortwestern Ohio
Posts: 1,955
Signature Pic question?

So, I see several members on here have nice size pics of their ride in their signature. I have tried to attach a properly sized pic to my sig (max of 700 x 200 pixels or 146.5 kb which ever is smaller) and have resized a pic of my new 1LE accordingly. It actually was even SMALLER than that stipulation but it gets cropped to a set size no matter how I resize or crop my pic.

Here is what I wanted to put in my sig which is 351 x 198 pixels and only 35.9 Kb. Yet - it crops it and only shows a fraction of the pic. (See my sig below.)

And I've attached what my signature looks like in preview but it still slices it to the fractional view.

Why does it do that? What am I doing incorrectly? I've even resized the pic down to half of what I'm attempting to attach and even then it barely gets the entire car in the finished sig?
Attached Images
  
__________________
Steve
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
Boost Creep

 
Boost Creep's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,659
Try removing the text and see if it posts the whole pic.
I had to mess around for a while to get mine to work.







Also this is in the wrong section.
__________________
'18 1SS 1LE Black, PDR
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
Raven87
C'mon- really?
 
Raven87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nortwestern Ohio
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Try removing the text and see if it posts the whole pic.
I had to mess around for a while to get mine to work.
Also this is in the wrong section.
My apologies - if you are a mod please feel free to relocate this thread? Iwas frustrated with the feature not working as I hoped and just submitted the post seeking help.
__________________
Steve
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #4
Boost Creep

 
Boost Creep's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
My apologies - if you are a mod please feel free to relocate this thread? Iwas frustrated with the feature not working as I hoped and just submitted the post seeking help.
Not a mod, just trying to get you to where you can get better help on this issue.
Making my sig I put the text in first and then inserted the pic using the "center" command for the pic. It seemed that was the only way I could get the text and pic at the same time.


Nice 1LE by the way.
__________________
'18 1SS 1LE Black, PDR
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Raven87
C'mon- really?
 
Raven87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nortwestern Ohio
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Not a mod, just trying to get you to where you can get better help on this issue.
Making my sig I put the text in first and then inserted the pic using the "center" command for the pic. It seemed that was the only way I could get the text and pic at the same time.


Nice 1LE by the way.
Thank you! I’ll try your suggestion.
__________________
Steve
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:10 PM   #6
Raven87
C'mon- really?
 
Raven87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nortwestern Ohio
Posts: 1,955
Well, I tried centering plus shortened the text but as you can see, I still have the
same problem.
Weird.
__________________
Steve
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 25,176
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
So, I see several members on here have nice size pics of their ride in their signature. I have tried to attach a properly sized pic to my sig (max of 700 x 200 pixels or 146.5 kb which ever is smaller) and have resized a pic of my new 1LE accordingly. It actually was even SMALLER than that stipulation but it gets cropped to a set size no matter how I resize or crop my pic.

Here is what I wanted to put in my sig which is 351 x 198 pixels and only 35.9 Kb. Yet - it crops it and only shows a fraction of the pic. (See my sig below.)

And I've attached what my signature looks like in preview but it still slices it to the fractional view.

Why does it do that? What am I doing incorrectly? I've even resized the pic down to half of what I'm attempting to attach and even then it barely gets the entire car in the finished sig?
Don't ask why its taken me more than 4 months to find your question.



Signatures are limited to 200 pixels in total height. That is, signature + text. Anything beyond the limit gets cut off. Generally, people list their text in a single line (either at the top or bottom), or incorporate it into their signature picture. In your case, you could probably use something as simply as MS paint to put your text beside your picture as it is much narrower than the limit (which is 700 pixels wide)
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.