Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Osiris16rulez

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Upgrades for LFX

So I have injen cold air intake and a SLP loudmouth 1 axleback. I'm looking for other mods I can do to the car with out having to spend 5k plus on a supercharger or turbo. I'm trying to keep up with my friends 2011 Mazda Speed 3 which he just got a CAI and axleback as well but looking to do Cobb tuning, and also my other friend with a 2002 Subaru WRX he is also looing to do something like Cobb tuning. So just trying to get an idea of what left I can do to my car to be able to keep up with them without spending 5k plus.
Osiris16rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
VMAX CNC ported throttle body, windshield washer relocate and scoop for maybe better air flow to your Injen, IMHO.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
Osiris16rulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
VMAX CNC ported throttle body, windshield washer relocate and scoop for maybe better air flow to your Injen, IMHO.
How much horsepower and toque will the VMAX CNC ported throttle body give? The Injen CAI relocated the windshield washer do you think I should move it somewhere else? The CAI cone is at the bottom of my left foglight do you think the scoop on the hood would still help the air flow?

Injen Cold Air Intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 Axle-Back Exhaust, Tuned by Flordia Speed and Power, BMR Lowering Springs
Old 01-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
djcfuzz

I am not familiar with the Injen windshield washer mod. Pictures may help. The scoop I am talking about goes behind the lower grille.

I think the ported throttle body only adds a couple HP but it is relatively inexpensive. Also, check the other post on LFX mods as a pulley upgrade is mentioned that I am not aware of: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339237
Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
Osiris16rulez

Quote:
I am not familiar with the Injen windshield washer mod. Pictures may help. The scoop I am talking about goes behind the lower grille.

I think the ported throttle body only adds a couple HP but it is relatively inexpensive. Also, check the other post on LFX mods as a pulley upgrade is mentioned that I am not aware of: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339237
Here's the pic

Oh really the scoop goes behind the lower grille thats awesome! Where can I find this scoop? Ok thats cool, any horsepower gain will be nice even if it is little. Alright thanks, I'll check the link out that sounds interesting.
Attached Images

Injen Cold Air Intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 Axle-Back Exhaust, Tuned by Flordia Speed and Power, BMR Lowering Springs
Old 01-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
djcfuzz

Apex makes a scoop. Chase from Apex is on here and helpful. He may be able to tell you if it is compatible with Injen. Thanks for pics.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #7
Osiris16rulez

Quote:
Apex makes a scoop. Chase from Apex is on here and helpful. He may be able to tell you if it is compatible with Injen. Thanks for pics.
Alright cool I'll ask him. No problem and thanks for the help.

Tags
#camaro, #lfx, #tuning, #v6