The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-26-2019, 07:08 AM   #15
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Do some research on the Ram interiors. I'm hearing there are a lot of technology related bugs that FCA is working on.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:16 AM   #16
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Do some research on the Ram interiors. I'm hearing there are a lot of technology related bugs that FCA is working on.
I wouldn’t doubt that! They do have a lot of technology gadgets on their trucks. I’ll look into it, thanks.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:39 PM   #17
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
So, I seem to always go through this vicious cycle every few years....I want a Camaro, I want a truck, I want a Camaro, I want a truck. It’s relentless! And no, unfortunately, I can’t afford to have both! So needless to say, the “truck bug” has bitten me again, and I’m considering putting my ‘16 Camaro SS up for sale.
Now, I’ve always been a Chevrolet/GMC fan my whole life, and have always tried to remain brand loyal. But recently, I’ve been looking at the Ram Trucks and they’re pretty darn nice! I especially like this new huge 12” touchscreen they have! And those storage compartments built into the rear sides of the bed are pretty cool too! Plus, they’re coming out with another eco-diesel next year too! Not that i really need it for towing anything, just thinking about fuel economy. I’ve come to the conclusion that each of the brands have their own pros/cons, and I think I’m just too old to play the “I MUST drive a Chevy” game anymore.
So, what opinions do y’all have when it comes to trucks? I know, I know, opinions are like @$$holes.... But just let me know your thoughts. I’m thinking about a 1/2 ton 2WD crew cab, short bed, leather, with lots of bells/whistles. Don’t need 4WD...don’t really ever go off road, and live in FL, so... Considering a smaller Diesel engine just for fuel economy....is it worth the extra upfront cost to go diesel?
I rented a new 2019 RAM 1500 Limited a few weeks ago.. that screen is beautiful. And one of the worst things about the truck. All it did was complicate so many commonly used features. I really wanted to get a new RAM HD as my next truck but I'd either have to go with a cheaper work truck version without the big screen or learn to deal with the constant daily annoyance of using that big screen.

So I'll likely get a Ford or GM HD instead.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:24 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I rented a new 2019 RAM 1500 Limited a few weeks ago.. that screen is beautiful. And one of the worst things about the truck. All it did was complicate so many commonly used features. I really wanted to get a new RAM HD as my next truck but I'd either have to go with a cheaper work truck version without the big screen or learn to deal with the constant daily annoyance of using that big screen.

You do realize that most of the RAMs have a very common sized 8 inch screen right. It's not like it's work truck or the big one foot screen with no in between. Check out the larime package for instance. That's a midgrade to mid_upper trim and I think it's more luxurious feeling than most of the other truck's high end packages.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:12 PM   #19
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
2020 F150 is being updated. Probably new interior to keep up with Ram.
I would go Ford,Ram,Toyota,Honda,Chevy.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:12 PM   #20
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Thanks for all the advice! I went and did a test drive yesterday on a ‘19 Dodge Ram Rebel 4x2 with a 5.7 Hemi. I was thoroughly impressed. The interior was so much nicer than Chevy/GMC. Will most likely be putting my Camaro up for sale soon.
OMG i can't beleave there is talk of buying a ford here

Attached Images

Last edited by lemontwist; 07-26-2019 at 10:24 PM.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:16 PM   #21
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
You do realize that most of the RAMs have a very common sized 8 inch screen right. It's not like it's work truck or the big one foot screen with no in between. Check out the larime package for instance. That's a midgrade to mid_upper trim and I think it's more luxurious feeling than most of the other truck's high end packages.
I am. I probably should have said cheaper version. I like most of the other features of the Limited and it's likely what I would get if I got a RAM, regardless of the dumb screen.

But if I wanted a luxury HD truck I'd probably avoid the RAM due to the screen in the Limited.

Hopefully the 19s+ will be better but old RAM interiors were shit IMO after 5 to 6 years.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:17 PM   #22
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
2020 F150 is being updated. Probably new interior to keep up with Ram.
I would go Ford,Ram,Toyota,Honda,Chevy.
He wants a 1/2 ton and you just suggested a Ridgeline?

Too many cars.. never.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:08 PM   #23
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post

Hmmm.... Thanks for the advice! I’ll keep that in mind. When I did the test drive the big screen did look pretty complex. I think like any technology based thing, it’s gonna take some time to learn how to operate it all.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:26 AM   #24
KickerZ71

Drives: Camaro SS
I sold my 2010 Silverado, no issues with the truck. Just wanted new so I got the 2019 trail boss LT
What a looker
KickerZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #25
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I like trucks for the simple reason that they offer the gusto that used to be found in cars, such as a v8, exhaust sound, comfortable room, great ride. Trucks have their own unique qualities aside from cars, such as hauling & towing and other utility functions.

Trucks as of late have also started to become pricey, but then again almost all new cars are expensive. I really do not see any other new, non sports cars being offered that really appeal to me. My next vehicle may end up being another truck.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #26
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I read somewhere (maybe fenwick's thread?) the 2020 Chevy Silverado lineup is getting a new interior. Something about they rushed it to market due to the RAM 1500 release so they didn't include the intended interior upgrades as planned and had to put it off until 2020.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #27
mpsgolf

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformer
I bought a used Silverado for my “retirement carpentry business” and kept my baby! Just sayin’ ....
Mods: trunk subwoofer and amp, LED lighting (fogs, interior, trunk), skip shift eliminator, CAI cold air kit, Vmax ported throttle body, Stainless Works retro chambered cat back, JBA Cat4ward SS ceramic coated headers
Potential Next Mods: Tune, F&R sway bars, rear cradle bushing inserts and trailing arms
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:28 PM   #28
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
I love my Chev 2500HD 4 door 4WD diesel. 20 mpg and can tow a house. A couple minor warranty fixes but tows my 28' enclosed trailer like nothing is back there.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote