Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #29
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Just did this on my drivers seat today.Used Taledaga’s tip on steaming,bought some cheap $30 steamer from Amazon,seemed to help.Some things I came across-the seat portion has a strap that is suppossed to wrap under the seat,there was no mention of this in write up and looked to difficult to do,so cut it off,will see if it matters,I doubt it
I removed plastic side piece that has power functions on it and for some reason couldnt get it to go on perfectly,so now there is a slight gap,so I would pay attention to how it comes off better than I did.
I replaced hog rings with hog rings,from what I seen tie wraps would have been harder .All in all took me about 4-5 hours,tedious but do-able.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:47 PM   #30
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
Just did this on my drivers seat today.Used Taledaga’s tip on steaming,bought some cheap $30 steamer from Amazon,seemed to help.Some things I came across-the seat portion has a strap that is suppossed to wrap under the seat,there was no mention of this in write up and looked to difficult to do,so cut it off,will see if it matters,I doubt it
I removed plastic side piece that has power functions on it and for some reason couldnt get it to go on perfectly,so now there is a slight gap,so I would pay attention to how it comes off better than I did.
I replaced hog rings with hog rings,from what I seen tie wraps would have been harder .All in all took me about 4-5 hours,tedious but do-able.

Give us some pics please.........
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #31
BOOSTT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS "Hot Wheels"
Ahhh. I have done those before and it really is tiring on your hands. I just let mine cook in the Tucson sun at about 110 degrees resting on black metal. They stretched over the cushions very well. I had to use gloves as the leather was really hot, but it makes it so much easier to get it over the cushions straight. If you have a worn cushion, it is super easy to buy foam and mold a bit more cushion on with an electric knife. Glue on with fabric adhesive and make the seats a bit more puffy and full. It doesn't have to be perfect, just not lumpy or too dented and it fills up the seat cover really well. It is a tiring project, but so worth it.
BOOSTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, interior, leather, seat skins, swap out