The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 04-09-2016, 10:37 PM   #1
Njja

Drives: 2011 Shelby, 2005 SSR, 2011 2SS/RS
2016 Corvette 2000 miles Engine Died!

Wife drove her Christmas present today doing 45 suddenly lost power and car died in slow lane of 3 lane highway. Would not restart, they had to use door release to get out of vehicle. I arrived 10 minutes later attempted to start car and smoke began pouring up windshield from engine bay.
Fire department arrived and we determined it was the starter overheating attempting to turn over engine. Car was flat bedded to my dealer where they found the engine frozen. So far they have no idea what is wrong, but said smoke was the starter attempting to turn over engine.
Has anyone else had similar engine problems? We did have the torque tube replaced at 150 miles because it was extremely noisy at 1500 rpms. No other problems and the car is treated very gently and only driven two or three times a week.
I am a car guy with a 2013 427 corvette, 2011 SS Camero, 2011 GT 500, Porsche & Ferrari so I am familiar with performance vehicles. This however is a new one on me!
And help would be appreciated!
Njja is offline   Reply With Quote