The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 02-19-2022, 05:49 PM   #1
Blackjet84

Drives: Camaro 2010 3.6
Fuel injector part numbers

Hi all

I am in the middle of ordering new fuel injectors for my 2010 Camaro 3.6 LT and the part number on the side of the injector that i pulled out is 12632255 but if i look online at GMPartsdirect it's giving me part 12669384 and on that page it replaces part 12638530. online i can get the replacement part for 30 bucks vs 100 for the recommended part.

Does anyone know the difference between these parts or why they change? or can you mix and match new parts or will i be ok with the replacement part 12638530. I'm going to try the dealership but it's holiday weekend and would rather know asap.
Blackjet84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:06 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #3
Blackjet84

Drives: Camaro 2010 3.6
the struggle was real

Ok so turns out 12669384 was the right fuel injector that the dealership told me. the other one was replaced and didn't really work half the time after replacing the original.
Bottom line don't cut corners and stick with what the dealership say's
Blackjet84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel injectors