The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #15
C7Z51

Super pumped to get mine too. I place the "order" with my dealer last week. I picked up a convertible ZL1 to go with my '11 GS Vette and then the next day they released all the info on C7.

Dealer took the order and said they could place the electronic confirmation in about a month. Basically said Load It Up - Arrest Me Red and Carbon Fiber everything.

Car looks stunning in the press pics. Ferrari California in front (kinda), Nissan GTR front 3/4 view (kinda to me) and a revamped Camaro ass in the back.

Took the GS to Granatelli Motor Sports about a year ago and was super happy with their Turbo kit install and other mods. ZL1 is there now for new TVS2300 snout upgrade and other their suspension do-bads.

I figured I would leave the C7 Vette alone but I am sure it won't be long before GMS, Lingenfelter and the rest come up withmore go fast parts

My real concern is what engine upgrades will GM offer for the mid '14 and '15 cars? Are we all jumping the gun. I would have thought the base power would be at least 505 to match the Z06. Heck will my ZL1 be faster? My son is waiting to order the '14 Camaro 1LE with the 505 ZR1 Option engine.

If his '14 Camaro whips up on my "14 Vette GM will have a marketing problem. Not from me but the press will have a field day
Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #16
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7Z51 View Post
Super pumped to get mine too. I place the "order" with my dealer last week. I picked up a convertible ZL1 to go with my '11 GS Vette and then the next day they released all the info on C7.
Congrats on your order!!
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #17
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:

Dealer took the order and said they could place the electronic confirmation in about a month. Basically said Load It Up - Arrest Me Red and Carbon Fiber everything.

Car looks stunning in the press pics. Ferrari California in front (kinda), Nissan GTR front 3/4 view (kinda to me) and a revamped Camaro ass in the back.

Took the GS to Granatelli Motor Sports about a year ago and was super happy with their Turbo kit install and other mods. ZL1 is there now for new TVS2300 snout upgrade and other their suspension do-bads.

I figured I would leave the C7 Vette alone but I am sure it won't be long before GMS, Lingenfelter and the rest come up withmore go fast parts

My real concern is what engine upgrades will GM offer for the mid '14 and '15 cars? Are we all jumping the gun. I would have thought the base power would be at least 505 to match the Z06. Heck will my ZL1 be faster? My son is waiting to order the '14 Camaro 1LE with the 505 ZR1 Option engine.

If his '14 Camaro whips up on my "14 Vette GM will have a marketing problem. Not from me but the press will have a field day
Nice username!

You might just be the first one on here with one, congrats on the order!
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #18
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
Nice username!

You might just be the first one on here with one, congrats on the order!:nono:
Just kidding. I'll be tickled for you.
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #19
OctaneZ28
Camaro Disciple

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to OctaneZ28 Send a message via Yahoo to OctaneZ28
Quote:
I would have thought the base power would be at least 505 to match the Z06. Heck will my ZL1 be faster?
Seeing as my base C6 beats up on ZL1s, I doubt a base C7 will have much trouble either.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #20
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Seeing as my base C6 beats up on ZL1s, I doubt a base C7 will have much trouble either.
Base C6 now runs high 11's, I doubt ZL1's will be able to keep up with a faster model, maybe with top drivers. On the track the weight may just be too much to make up for. It'll be fun to see though.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #21
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Interesting. A base C6 vs. base C7... performance/numbers wise... we'll soon see towards the latter part of this year!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #22
GaBoy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Interesting. A base C6 vs. base C7... performance/numbers wise... we'll soon see towards the latter part of this year!
Yes we will

My girl is so sick of my babbling that when I say corvette she's all
Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #23
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Yes we will

My girl is so sick of my babbling that when I say corvette she's all
Ha, me too!
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #24
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
I'd like to see pics of the Custom Luggage option... that'd be cool with the new and/or insignia/logo... plus if it would match the interior leather.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #25
GaBoy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucMan View Post

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
Old 02-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Thanks Tran. I'll get back to the states by the end of the summer. Becky Doyle has my order. I'm considering either of the 2 blue colors or the cyber grey. Z51 package, manual, with black wheels. I can't wait. I need a new project car. I'm glad to see that Camaro5 is expanding. It is by far the best car forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2411 View Post
Yes camaro 5 has to be the best forum of any kind on the net!
It's good to have you guys over here, too! The community is what makes both sites great.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #27
dave-virginia

Drives: 1SS Grey V8 RS MANual 21BLK Whl PE
under ELSD in brochure: "and automatically prepare the real axle for corner entry."

Maybe I'm a dummy, but we are talking 'rear' axle (I hope)...
I do hope both axles are 'real' though... haha

For me Cyber grey and Z51 package! Hopefully be able to get one by next Spring...
dave-virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #28
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
What exactly would the Valet Mode do?