The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 07:27 PM   #15
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Had my first shot of the pfizer on may 20 and second on june 20 , both times was in the middle of shift at work. I was back to work with in a hour of leaving work to finsh my shift. Never have missed a moment of work scene, im a laybor as well that gets worked hard and i weight lift before and after work. Never been healthier in my life.

Not saying pfizer is for everyone , but take it from a guy that got two and push's his body to the limit. Thay an't that bad to get
Old 08-29-2021, 11:24 PM   #16
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
So, this article just popped up this evening about the vaccine:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/infectiou...184335144.html

"....the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were 90 percent effective at preventing infections, as opposed to just disease."

If that is accurate, you naturally have an 80% chance of mild to no symptoms if you contract it, or a 90% chance of no infection if vaccinated.

Doesn't sound like a huge difference in odds. If you have other medical conditions then those odds might be drastically different.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:42 AM   #17
Bobbart

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Here in Maine Governor Mills is making the vaccine required for all health care workers. That included EMS, housekeeping, mental health workers, everything. We already have massive shortages of employees and they predict a 15-20% loss of workers. Its insane.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:58 AM   #18
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
If that is accurate, you naturally have an 80% chance of mild to no symptoms if you contract it, or a 90% chance of no infection if vaccinated.

Doesn't sound like a huge difference in odds. If you have other medical conditions then those odds might be drastically different.

Many get vaccinated to reduce the spread of COVID, not only mitigate potential symptoms. Early studies show heart and lung damage as a possible complication in those who had asymptomatic COVID.

What are the %s on current hospitalizations - vaccinated compared to not? COVID death % comparing vaccinated to vaccinated? Any #s on deaths caused by COVID compared to vaccine deaths?

Things to consider when one calculates their personal odds .
Old 08-30-2021, 07:40 AM   #19
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I was Pfizer double jabbed in March (beginning and end of March).

Look Ma, I am a statistic!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:59 AM   #20
Silver14

Link for those who are interested in anecdotes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/
Old 08-30-2021, 08:21 AM   #21
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I was Pfizer double jabbed in March (beginning and end of March).

Look Ma, I am a statistic!
Ever since I was double jabbed by Moderna in May, the magnets on my fridge keep flying off and sticking to my arm and black helicopters follow me wherever I go.

But seriously, I don't care either way. I've never gotten a flu shot nor have I ever had the flu. My capitulation to this one is simply to avoid having to wear a face diaper. Since I'm vaxxed, I'm not required to wear one at work, even though we're told face diapers work wonders against the China flu. Probably true in that a mosquito will likely hit the wire on occasion when flying thru a chain link fence.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:35 AM   #22
Silver14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Ever since I was double jabbed by Moderna in May, the magnets on my fridge keep flying off and sticking to my arm and black helicopters follow me wherever I go.

But seriously, I don't care either way. I've never gotten a flu shot nor have I ever had the flu. My capitulation to this one is simply to avoid having to wear a face diaper. Since I'm vaxxed, I'm not required to wear one at work, even though we're told face diapers work wonders against the China flu. Probably true in that a mosquito will likely hit the wire on occasion when flying thru a chain link fence.

My understanding is that masks help reduce the transmission by containing fluids. Like if someone sneezes or coughs, the bodily fluids that contain the virus will be contained more than without a mask. I am not able to find data showing COVID transmission rates of droplets vs aerosols.

Accounting for droplets, your analogy may also need to include mosquitos in balloons that are larger than the openings in the chain link.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:41 AM   #23
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
My understanding is that masks help reduce the transmission by containing fluids. Like if someone sneezes or coughs, the bodily fluids that contain the virus will be contained more than without a mask. I am not able to find data showing COVID transmission rates of droplets vs aerosols.

Accounting for droplets, your analogy may also need to include mosquitos in balloons that can't pass through the chain link.
The "funny" thing, just about everyone I see that sneezes or coughs removes their mask when they do, people just do not understand the purpose of the masks.

For the record I hate wearing the mask, I have since last March at work, required.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:46 AM   #24
Silver14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The "funny" thing, just about everyone I see that sneezes or coughs removes their mask when they do, people just do not understand the purpose of the masks.

For the record I hate wearing the mask, I have since last March at work, required.

For sure not being used in the most effective manner .
Old 08-30-2021, 10:13 AM   #25
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Been vaccinated for 6 months with Pfizer, no side effects or any issues. I couldn't take any chances due to my 11 month old son being a NICU baby with compromised lungs. It is not a cure but added protection up to 95% so I'm going to do all I can to keep my son safe. I'll be taking the booster too when available.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
Old 08-30-2021, 10:17 AM   #26
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
So, this article just popped up this evening about the vaccine:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/infectiou...184335144.html

"....the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were 90 percent effective at preventing infections, as opposed to just disease."

The numbers I have seen are that 30% of people do not have symptoms:

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...6&publicId=395

I know several people who got it and said it sucked bad. Sickest they have ever been.

I got the vaccine because 1) I didn’t want to get sick and 2) I don’t want to wear a mask.

I don’t think people should be forced to get the vaccine but I’m also not going to be too keen on wearing a mask to protect others who have chosen not to get a vaccine.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:34 AM   #27
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Many get vaccinated to reduce the spread of COVID, not only mitigate potential symptoms.
You can be asymptomatic with or without the vaccine and still be a carrier

Quote:
Early studies show heart and lung damage as a possible complication in those who had asymptomatic COVID.
Early studies projected millions dead in our country. Early studies then projected a higher percentage of deaths per infected when that "early study" did not pan out. Early studies said masks were ineffective, ad nauseum. Early studies are not sound, IMO.

Quote:
What are the %s on current hospitalizations - vaccinated compared to not? COVID death % comparing vaccinated to vaccinated? Any #s on deaths caused by COVID compared to vaccine deaths?

Things to consider when one calculates their personal odds .
I have no statistical answers on your questions.

Common sense says most of those hospitalizations are caused by underlying medical conditions and Covid greatly sickening or killing because of that.

Age is also another factor.

That being said, your concerns, as well as the one I brought up, SHOULD be considered by the INDIVIDUAL, not by society.

If this were a virus like small pox, measles, etc, then I might have a different opinion.

The specific virus in question is more closely related to the flu. And, I'm suspecting as the virus mutates, just like influenza, yearly adjustments to the vaccine will have to be made and administered.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #28
Silver14

Quote:
You can be asymptomatic with or without the vaccine and still be a carrier

Early studies projected millions dead in our country. Early studies then projected a higher percentage of deaths per infected when that "early study" did not pan out. Early studies said masks were ineffective, ad nauseum. Early studies are not sound, IMO.

I have no statistical answers on your questions.

Common sense says most of those hospitalizations are caused by underlying medical conditions and Covid greatly sickening or killing because of that.

Age is also another factor.

That being said, your concerns, as well as the one I brought up, SHOULD be considered by the INDIVIDUAL, not by society.

If this were a virus like small pox, measles, etc, then I might have a different opinion.

The specific virus in question is more closely related to the flu. And, I'm suspecting as the virus mutates, just like influenza, yearly adjustments to the vaccine will have to be made and administered.

Last I saw from the CDC was that vaccinated are less likely than unvaccinated to acquire and transmit.

I don't feel one should dismiss all early studies solely because some early studies are wrong, each study should be considered on its own merits.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7034e5.htm

Do you think the virus would have less chance to mutate if more were vaccinated?
Closed Thread