The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-09-2015, 12:31 PM   #29
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Definitely looks too much like a Malibu but I like the car. It would just take some debadging, tints, and wheels. I think I would only do the red and get black wheels.
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #30
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
I really like them. Would buy one now that you can get a manual and the mag ride. The only thing I don't like is the chrome trim on the outside. Why does GM think everyone likes this and puts it on every car?! I understand its cheaper than paint but it looks bad, especially on darker colors. not as noticeable on white or silver.
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:29 PM   #31
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I own a SS and ZL1, and spend more time driving the SS. The SS is that good of a car to drive, with the Zeta-2 chassis under it. It has a very light and nimble feel to it, and will perform circles around a Camaro SS. Just my thoughts, from owning three 5th Gens and this.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #32
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
It's a travesty to the history of the SS badge! "SS" has always identified a level of sport trim and/or performance capability in an otherwise multi-faceted model of car (Camaro, Impala, Nova, etc.) - not a model name. I don't care if it is fast, comfortable, roomy, or whatever... it shouldn't have been named "SS". As the (ahem... 4-door) Charger insults the history of Charger muscle cars before it, so does the SS. I wouldn't buy one for that reason alone. I hope they discontinue it soon and NEVER bring it back.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:46 PM   #33
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I own a SS and ZL1, and spend more time driving the SS. The SS is that good of a car to drive, with the Zeta-2 chassis under it. It has a very light and nimble feel to it, and will perform circles around a Camaro SS. Just my thoughts, from owning three 5th Gens and this.
Not to undermine you, but I just don't see that happening. The SS is heavier and has less horsepower.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #34
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
I'm thinking about picking one of these up.

What's every ones thoughts on them? To me they are a Four door Camaro.

The only thing I really don't care for is the cheap chrome inserts in the seats, I would black those out though.

I know this is a Camaro forum, but the two are closely related.

Thank you for your thoughts!
Buy it.

If these had been around in 2010 I would have gotten one instead of the Camaro for sure.

2015's are available with an M6 and come standard with mag ride suspension.

This month's Road & Track compared one with a 2003ish BMW M5... about a $100K car even back then. The Chevy lost, of course, but acquitted itself very well.

If you want something in the sports sedan category I think it is a no-brainer purchase.
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #35
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Not to undermine you, but I just don't see that happening. The SS is heavier and has less horsepower.
Have you ever driven one ? I also owned a Camaro SS with LS3, this is faster and more nimble.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #36
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
It's a travesty to the history of the SS badge! "SS" has always identified a level of sport trim and/or performance capability in an otherwise multi-faceted model of car (Camaro, Impala, Nova, etc.) - not a model name. I don't care if it is fast, comfortable, roomy, or whatever... it shouldn't have been named "SS". As the (ahem... 4-door) Charger insults the history of Charger muscle cars before it, so does the SS. I wouldn't buy one for that reason alone. I hope they discontinue it soon and NEVER bring it back.
Tell us how you really feel.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #37
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Have you ever driven one ? I also owned a Camaro SS with LS3, this is faster and more nimble.
I've never driven one. It was speculation on my part because of the heavier platform and lower power. I also have not seen specs in any review showing faster times than that of a Camaro SS. Again, if you feel as if it is "faster" than a Camaro SS, I respect your opinion. You have driven/owned both.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #38
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
For the money arguably the best sports sedan in the world and you hate it because of its name? Really?

I guess GM could go back to building shitty cars with appropriate names but I like it better the way it is.
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #39
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
For the money arguably the best sports sedan in the world and you hate it because of its name? Really?

I guess GM could go back to building shitty cars with appropriate names but I like it better the way it is.
I'm not saying it isn't a great car and I'm not saying I hate it. Just saying, well, yeah.... I hate the name.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #40
SlingShot

Cool Video ...

Old 03-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #41
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
I have to admit, I felt the passion in your statement, lol.

It seems like most people love it...

I think we would all (most) agree that it could be a little flashier.

Has anyone done any Cosmetic mods to these? Any pics if so?
I checked the old Inter webs but could not find much, I realize that is probably do to the low production numbers.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:58 PM   #42
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
I mean, isn't the whole point of the SS to NOT be flashy. The less flashy the better IMO.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote