The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Any New Corvette News From Birthday Bash?

Are there any members that are attending the NCM Birthday Bash this weekend that can give us non-attendees NEW information about the 2015 Stingrays and Z06's from the engineers and managers from Chevrolet?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:23 AM   #2
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
There are supposed to be a couple of special announcements today. Yesterday I learned the Performance Data Recorder option will part of the Navigation option, as they share the same GPS antenna. It has a LOT of really cool abilities and will especially helpful for those who track the car.

I will post more tonight - busy day ahead of me!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:32 AM   #3
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Try to inquire about the 4G/LTE/Carplay feature... if it will be included or optional in the 2015 Stingrays and Z06 models. Thanks.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
There are supposed to be a couple of special announcements today. Yesterday I learned the Performance Data Recorder option will part of the Navigation option, as they share the same GPS antenna. It has a LOT of really cool abilities and will especially helpful for those who track the car.

I will post more tonight - busy day ahead of me!
Thanks Purplerac3r, we appreciative your help. There was talk about incorporating some kind of a Wi-Fi system in GM cars. I do not know if things have advanced that far yet but Corvettes get a lot of high tech things first. Whatever you can find out about 2015 models will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
OldJedi
Use the Force

Sunset Orange will replace Lime Rock Green in 2015.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #6
purpleRac3r

I talked to Harlan Charles after his presentation this morning, and according to him, the new orange is Daytona Sunrise Orange. "Sunrise" has a more positive connotation. It will also be a few shades brighter that the C6 Daytona Sunset Orange, but not as bright as the Atomic Orange.

Lime Rock Green will be dropped at the end of 2014 production, having sold only 3% of C7 production to date. Velocity Yellow will be changed to a slightly brighter shade of yellow, and Cyber Gray moves to Shark Gray.

There will be a number of new wheel options, with both RPO and LPO availability. Black will be available on the base non-Z51 cars, along with the Z51 and Z06. There will be several that are black with machined faces, and you will be able to get the black wheels with optional red or yellow rim pinstripes. The Pacific show car has the red stripes. There will be a metallic gray finish, a little darker that the Competition Gray on the C6 cars.

There will also be a large number of appearance options, such as Shark Gray vents, carbon fiber parts, different color spoilers, etc.

It's really amazing just how customizable the Stingray is right from the factory!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

Old 04-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
I talked to Harlan Charles after his presentation this morning, and according to him, the new orange is Daytona Sunrise Orange. "Sunrise" has a more positive connotation. It will also be a few shades brighter that the C6 Daytona Sunset Orange, but not as bright as the Atomic Orange.

Lime Rock Green will be dropped at the end of 2014 production, having sold only 3% of C7 production to date. Velocity Yellow will be changed to a slightly brighter shade of yellow, and Cyber Gray moves to Shark Gray.

There will be a number of new wheel options, with both RPO and LPO availability. Black will be available on the base non-Z51 cars, along with the Z51 and Z06. There will be several that are black with machined faces, and you will be able to get the black wheels with optional red or yellow rim pinstripes. The Pacific show car has the red stripes. There will be a metallic gray finish, a little darker that the Competition Gray on the C6 cars.

There will also be a large number of appearance options, such as Shark Gray vents, carbon fiber parts, different color spoilers, etc.

It's really amazing just how customizable the Stingray is right from the factory!
Thanks Purplerac3r, did they say if the new parts would be available when orders start next month?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #8
purpleRac3r

Sorry, that wasn't mentioned. They did say that all the parts will be available once production starts. Also, the Pacific and Atlantic concept cars are turn-key packages that will be available on '15s. Those parts will also be available at production start over the counter. That's the best info I have.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #9
OldJedi
Use the Force

Thanks, we all appreciate the information.