Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 11-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
djx161

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM Dusk Edition
Moving to Oklahoma City/Tinker

I am moving to Oklahoma City/Tinker AFB next month. I am currently stationed in MD. Normally I take the P-zeros and RS wheels off when the temp drops and put on my winter set. I'm thinking I may need to just sell the winter set before I leave and put on some all seasons.

For the Oklahoma folks what are your suggestions?

Thanks
djx161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 11-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
LDHitman23

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
I dont change mine out for the reason being that Thank God its not an DD anymore. So she just comes out when its nice outside lol. Im not sure of the weather in MD but I have heard that it is pretty crazy there. The P-Zeros worked fine for me when I drove mine in the snow. Just have to be careful where your driving.
Texas Speed LT Headers (no cats), LS3 Monster blower cam, Muffler Delete, Stage 3 Spec 3 Clutch,102mm F.A.S.T Intake Manifold, Comp Cam Push Rods, Comp Cam Dual Springs, D1-SC Procharger, ID850cc Injectors, Stealth Fuel Pump, F.A.S.T Fuel Rails, Tune by Brett Seaburg, Nitto Street Radials, Amber Halos and Fog Lights, Window Tint (5%) Nightshade Tail Lights, Interior Amber Dome Light and Trunk.

LDHitman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
I have had mine since 2010 and drove a few times from Moore to Tinker AFB when I was in the service. I have Pirelli all-season tires and they worked when the temps dropped down to -5 degrees and blizzard conditions during the storm of 2011. I would keep the summers on from March till October, then switch out since yesterday the temps were 70 degrees, today they didn't get above 30 degrees. The weather here is crazy. Snow tires might be overkill since we only have about 2 good size snow storms per year.

Also, will you be on base or off base for housing?

Tags
oklahoma city, tinker afb, winter