Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #1
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Door alignment? Problem or no?

I was looking at how filthy my car was this morning when I woke up and I noticed my drivers side door isn't flush with the rear fender area part, but the passenger side is. I took pictures but I'm not quite sure how well you can tell.

Drivers side.

Passenger side.

So my question. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kleeeb; 02-21-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Kleeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
It needs adjusting. That's all. The hinges connected to the door need to be unscrewed and then asjust the door tighten. Repeat until it's correct. Or bring to dealer.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Hell no! I'd take it back and have them do something about it. My gaps are 100% spot on on my 14
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Good gosh - no way that's normal... on either side. Are you sure that driver's door just isn't closed all the way? Passenger's door looks sucked in at the bottom. Hope it's just adjustment.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Good gosh - no way that's normal... on either side. Are you sure that driver's door just isn't closed all the way? Passenger's door looks sucked in at the bottom. Hope it's just adjustment.

Yes the door is closed all the way. Ive has the car for 3 months and I think it's been that way since I got it but I never paid much attention to it. I noticed the passenger side looks like that too... When I go get my oil changed soon I will get it checked out I suppose. Will they charge me for something like that?

Old 02-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
I say, take it back to the dealer.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
When I go get my oil changed soon I will get it checked out I suppose. Will they charge me for something like that?
Bumper to bumper warranty for what is it, 36k miles? I wouldn't give them a dollar to fix something like that on a 3 month old car...
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:14 AM   #8
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
I find it very hard to believe that something that bad got out of the factory. I would question whether the dealership did something to it, like a repair that you were not informed about.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #9
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
I find it very hard to believe that something that bad got out of the factory. I would question whether the dealership did something to it, like a repair that you were not informed about.
Ditto.

OP - How could not have noticed that and thought something was wrong? Maybe the adjustment bolts weren't properly tightened at the factory and driving it for a while has caused them to vibrate loose.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #10
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Ditto.

OP - How could not have noticed that and thought something was wrong? Maybe the adjustment bolts weren't properly tightened at the factory and driving it for a while has caused them to vibrate loose.

Sounds plausible. It's not so noticeable from side on, only when I get down to eye level looking at it from an angle like the picture. Hence the reason why I would not notice it before. I'm pretty sure there wasn't any damage or repairs because there were 8 miles on it when I got it. It's quite a large gap to be normal, that's why I questioned it. The door shuts fine, and window indexes properly. The seal is created, too. There is some wind noise (whistling), but I thought that always came from the windshield because it seems to be far up front. Could this be the probable reason for the noise? I don't see how my cars door could be that far out of adjustment and still seal and index correctly?

Old 02-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #11
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
I agree, my thoughts were something got repaired for them to be out of whack like that. But it's purely an adjustment issue. The top of door needs to go in while bottom needs to come out.

The pics seem to show the end near qrtr panel? If that's the case how's it look at the front fender? It's good there? If so the latch mechanism may be the problem? Take in

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #12
MrFrost

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 - "Mabel"
Would take it back to the dealer. Myself , I would be worried about it sealing properly. Had a Dodge Durango that had a door like that and it did not seal properly which in turn caused water damage when it rained, it seeped in at the top of the door into the headliner, didn't notice it till it turned a different color.

I heard the wind noise too on the Durango, I thought it was a flexing issue with the body at first, then the water damage because of the door

Last edited by MrFrost; 02-21-2014 at 10:14 AM. Reason: add txt
MrFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #13
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFrost View Post
Would take it back to the dealer. Myself , I would be worried about it sealing properly. Had a Dodge Durango that had a door like that and it did not seal properly which in turn caused water damage when it rained, it seeped in at the top of the door into the headliner, didn't notice it till it turned a different color.

I heard the wind noise too on the Durango, I thought it was a flexing issue with the body at first, then the water damage because of the door
Well the window indexes and seems to seal properly. It rained yesterday and I didn't notice anything. I have noticed before that when I wash my car, water gets into the door sill, so when I open my door there is some right there, but I never thought anything of it because it never was getting into the car itself. I may have to go get it checked out tomorrow. And since I have 3100 miles on my car, its the perfect time for an oil change while I am there.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #14
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Yep, i'd take it to the dealer and get them to fix it, i'd also just ask if it was in an accident, although depending on your laws they might not have to disclose if it was below a certain value.
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote