Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #1
Bill Fraley

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT 6-SPD
So, completed my radio swap today

Installed an 8" screen and backup camera. I used a modified Metra kit for the install. Being able to run Waze is mandatory for me.

This is the latest Joying unit with a PX5 processor and 4GB of RAM. Before anyone screams cheap Chinese crap, this is not my first Android Radio and Joying or Xtrons is the way to go with these units.

I must say the size and position of the screen is perfect in this car. I did have to modify the metra bezel to get it to fit flush mounted as it is. I also had to fabricate the brackets using some Alpine dash kit brackets I got with the used Metra kit.

I couldn't be happier with the result. I am considering repainting the bezel body color, but it works for now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bill Fraley; 12-16-2018 at 11:14 PM.
Bill Fraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
Bill Fraley

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT 6-SPD
I took some pictures of how I mounted the screen directly to the bezel. It is supposed to use pressure clips and attach directly to the radio body. The problem with that is it would have stuck out too far.

I dremeled a channel on each side of the inside of the bezel and used some clips I had in my spare parts bin. I am happy with how it turned out for sure. I also had to dremel out the front side of the bezel to allow the screen to recess so it sits as flush as you see in the pics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Bill Fraley is offline   Reply With Quote