Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-30-2023, 10:15 AM   #29
Blue 13
3P171 USAF Combat Arms

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
Bully !! Lol j/k
Old 07-30-2023, 11:14 AM   #30
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
As was mentioned, different Dyno’s and correction factor (CF) makes a big difference. Paper numbers are just that - also the dyno configuration plays a role.

DynoJet tends to read higher than Mustang - and roller vs axel configuration is also quite a bit different.

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 09:20 AM   #31
hawkyV8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6m
Your set up is almost identical to mine. Only difference is my car has stock heads and TB. It made 484 whp on a mild spring day. As others have mentioned, so many different variables that effect the numbers. Maybe they all lined up in the worst way possible that day. You could try a tune on a different day, dyno, tuner, etc. and you'd probably get a better number. Or you could ignore the number on paper and just enjoy the car. Not being snarky. I'm sure the car is still a beast.
hawkyV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:14 PM   #32
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkyV8 View Post
Your set up is almost identical to mine. Only difference is my car has stock heads and TB. It made 484 whp on a mild spring day. As others have mentioned, so many different variables that effect the numbers. Maybe they all lined up in the worst way possible that day. You could try a tune on a different day, dyno, tuner, etc. and you'd probably get a better number. Or you could ignore the number on paper and just enjoy the car. Not being snarky. I'm sure the car is still a beast.
Your number seems high for your mods.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 01:42 AM   #33
Toronto

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkyV8 View Post

yea man 100%! i agree with you.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:46 PM   #34
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Your number seems high for your mods.
Well not really. I have a stage 3 TSP cam with all the extras to make it work correctly, ported TB, CAI, LT's and the LOD manifold and STOCK heads, except for the valve train, and I made 486 rwhp. So OP's numbers should be a bit higher, especially with the heads, but I think maybe because the weather was so warm, and probably the humidity was high, is why they are lower. I know mine runs a whole lot different in the winter when the air is cool/cold out and the humidity is dryer. She's a whole different beast then! But as has been said, the dyno numbers are just numbers for tuning, and there are a LOT of variables to consider when tuning the car. As long as you like how the car performs, that's all that matters in the end.

Tags
champion motors, dyno, h/c/i, whp, whp number