Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #29
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
It's too bad they couldn't have scooped out the rear seat bottoms in the floor pan little more to provide more headroom in the back.

The 3rd gen F-body had really deep scooped out rear seats to help with that. However, I think the fuel tank is under the rear seat on the 6th gen. One of the concessions to using the Alpha sedan platform shared with Cadillac I guess. The days of using a dedicated platform for just Camaro (and defunct Firebird) is over.

The rear visibility concerns could be mitigated somewhat by redesigning the plastic rear shelf panel under the rear window. It seems that the rear shelf panel rises up more than it should creating less space between it and the rear glass.

I don't why know it's designed like that. Perhaps for rear speaker clearance or a styling feature to give the illusion of a more fastback roofline from inside the car. I've seen junkyard pics of the rear shelf panel removed on the 6th gen and it opens up a lot space back there that would add to the rear visibility.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #30
z28deuce

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrookie View Post
Also is this just me, but when i sit in my car after turning it off after 1-2 minutes i hear a sound like someone is knocking on the window? Where is that noise coming from?
Gas tank evap canister purge valve.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #31
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
7 things I don't like about my Camaro

Quote:
Remember that condoms prevent mini vans too.

*I (well wife) owns a minivan. I hate it she likes it and wants to keep it. *
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #32
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Bypassing the 7 things, I'm going to hijack this thread to rant about one thing I dislike about my Camaro.

Back story: My wife and I took the ZL1 on a 800 mile (round trip) weekend getaway last summer. I loved the way the ZL1 performed on curvy roads and passing multiple cars, trucks, 18-wheelers on 2-lane highways put a big smile on my face.

So I get on the interstate at the start of a 400 mile trek. I get the car in 6th gear and go to set the cruise control; nothing. I tried a few more times; nothing. I contact On-star for assistance for how to set the cruise control on a brand new car. They couldn't figure it out and set up an appointment to my local dealership when I returned home. I'm a cruise control type of guy on the interstate during long trips so I was pissed having to use my right foot so much.

I get back home and have my cuz take it to the dealership. The service manager calls me at work and tells me that there's nothing wrong with the cruise control. He tells me that the car has to be in 5th gear for the cruise to engage. I had my cuz to confirm this; it was true.

Start of rant: Why in the #@## would GM do something so dumb? Isn't 6th gear the overdrive gear? Why would I want to cruise in a higher rpm (5th gear) versus a lower rpm (6th gear)? Wouldn't you burn more fuel cruising at a higher rpm versus a lower rpm? I've had several manual cars (370Z, Audi, Supra, Civic, etc) and I was able to engage the cruise control in the overdrive gear. So why not in a ZL1? Why? Why? Why? Or am I missing something? End of rant.
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:32 PM   #33
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent K View Post
Bypassing the 7 things, I'm going to hijack this thread to rant about one thing I dislike about my Camaro.

Back story: My wife and I took the ZL1 on a 800 mile (round trip) weekend getaway last summer. I loved the way the ZL1 performed on curvy roads and passing multiple cars, trucks, 18-wheelers on 2-lane highways put a big smile on my face.

So I get on the interstate at the start of a 400 mile trek. I get the car in 6th gear and go to set the cruise control; nothing. I tried a few more times; nothing. I contact On-star for assistance for how to set the cruise control on a brand new car. They couldn't figure it out and set up an appointment to my local dealership when I returned home. I'm a cruise control type of guy on the interstate during long trips so I was pissed having to use my right foot so much.

I get back home and have my cuz take it to the dealership. The service manager calls me at work and tells me that there's nothing wrong with the cruise control. He tells me that the car has to be in 5th gear for the cruise to engage. I had my cuz to confirm this; it was true.

Start of rant: Why in the #@## would GM do something so dumb? Isn't 6th gear the overdrive gear? Why would I want to cruise in a higher rpm (5th gear) versus a lower rpm (6th gear)? Wouldn't you burn more fuel cruising at a higher rpm versus a lower rpm? I've had several manual cars (370Z, Audi, Supra, Civic, etc) and I was able to engage the cruise control in the overdrive gear. So why not in a ZL1? Why? Why? Why? Or am I missing something? End of rant.

Is it only a ZL1 thing or manual trans thing? Haven’t tried cruise on my SS. Use it on my truck all the time and when it broke (brake sensor ($10) on a trip it drove me crazy so I know how you felt

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #34
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:

That has me baffled.

I have the SS 1LE and Cruise Control works for me in 6th gear.

Also, if that was a limitation, it would be noted in the manual. I see no such verbiage in my manual and I'm pretty sure the manuals are all the same for all Camaro models.

The only limitation in the owners manual, is it won't work under 25MPH. I think the service Dept. is blowing smoke up your ass.

Maybe you are resting your foot on the clutch pedal and triggering the sensor? That would disengage it.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:48 PM   #35
Bobkd

Drives: 2018 1ss, 2021 silverado HD
Quote:

Weird. In the SS you can even shift gears and the cruise stays engaged.
Bobkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:10 PM   #36
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Well, I hope the service manager wasn't blowing smoke up my @@@. But I don't think he would seeing how it's a brand new car. I also noticed that the cruise control WILL NOT engage with the safety nannies off. Maybe this cruise control quirk IS a ZL1 thing...as a previous poster implied. But I still don't like it.
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:19 PM   #37
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
As far as I know the cruise control works in every gear as long you are faster than 25mph.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:47 PM   #38
Snrub

Drives: Gone: 2017 Camaro SS
The throttle lag is better in race mode. It's the only mode where you can actually do decent blips on downshift, including the automatic system. It's the only mode I use. Frankly, I think it should be the standard mode.

The trunk has plenty of room, I have absolutely no issue with it. With the pass through it can fit tons of different items. The opening could be a little more functional.

I don't have a problem with the back seats, but they are small for a car that is so large. Packaging in this car could be better.

I'd prefer they made the car smaller, rather than have front collision warning, etc.

My biggest issue with the car is the reliability. The car is really good, albeit big, when it works...
Snrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:39 PM   #39
at7000ft

Drives: 2016 2SS
1. The car seems to stiff for daily usage.
Get non run flats and the ride will be much smoother.
2. Throttle lag
Never noticed
3. The horrible visibility
With BSD it doesn't matter to me
4. Unusable rear seats
It’s a sports car. People never sit there, just a place for maybe a coat and a couple extra golf clubs.
5. The trunk is for looks
It will actually hold a golf bag and spare, just takes a little longer to get it in there.
6. Lack of forward collision sensor
And active cruise control, etc. Hell the C7 vette doesn't even have BSD or rear collision detection.
7. Passaenger side view mirror auto dim
Never noticed.
at7000ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:51 PM   #40
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
My biggest complaint is the throttle lag on the m6. I love my MRC. Visibility, definitely a challenge at times. Front collision- would be nice.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:23 PM   #41
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
7 things I don't like about my Camaro

Foward collision is available on the 19s. If it tickles your fancy so much, trade in and pickup a 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by ecko04; 01-05-2019 at 09:57 PM.
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:32 PM   #42
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Interesting topic

for starting it.
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote