Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #85
Erin2017RS

Drives: 2017 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Scary! But in your case, the root cause was not the braking system itself. Did you get the same 'brake assist' warning message?

I only got one warning over a week period of driving it under the poor braking conditions and it popped up as i was driving to the dealership. It came on as i was braking at a light and then went off.
Erin2017RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #86
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin2017RS View Post
I only got one warning over a week period of driving it under the poor braking conditions and it popped up as i was driving to the dealership. It came on as i was braking at a light and then went off.
I'm beginning to think this is only a 2016, maybe early 2017 build issue. At least I hope so.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #87
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
had this happen multiple times with the most recent being last week. almost rear ended someone because the breaks were only working at 30% or so.
had to take a hard turn into a parking lot at 40+MPH.

reset it and everything was fine, mention it to my dealership and gm and just like the rear diff groans and grinding, extremely loud break squeal and clicking in the rear wheel on turns they both told me sorry about your luck.

I think its hysterical that you have a "warranty" but if there isn't a TSB and your car is still messed up where it almost seems unsafe and IS unsafe that gm wont do shit about it or take ownership at all.

buying new cars are way too overrated
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #88
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
I think I'm just about at my "limit" with my car. I had the same antilock engagement and slow speed grab this morning (June 2016 build) didn't start till I got on the highway ( of course) then hit stop and go traffic. I decided to hop off the highway 10 miles in, shut the car off, wait and restart - back to normal.. The other bright spot this morning was the sputtering engine "miss" for first few miles (just before the brake issue) until the car was warm. I now have a list of twelve items that are F'd up. I've been waiting to have the time and possibly for a code to appear for some of them, but there's been nothing. If I go into the dealer with all of the items below, they'll look at me like I'm nuts...

Passenger window clips vert top (I could live with this as I almost always solo)
Top groans and creaks when operated (once it's up or down, I forget about it)
Excessive wind noise top up (not an issue with the top down)
Clicking wheels ( only hear this in a parking garage)
NPP valve rattle ( pulled fuse)
Clacking AFM valves- sounds like a piece of junk
Rattling / squeeking interior hardware ( I could probably live with this top down)
Clunk noise over bumps right rear- pulled seats out looking for it... nope couldn't find
Torque converter shudder- how long is this transmission going to last
Intermittent groan (changed fluid myself)
Brake antilock issue - scary
Spotty Misfire- feels like a piece of junk

I know some GEN 6's are good and some are bad, but this is ridiculous....5.7K miles.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:46 PM   #89
BlueCamaro6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
had this happen multiple times with the most recent being last week. almost rear ended someone because the breaks were only working at 30% or so.
had to take a hard turn into a parking lot at 40+MPH.

reset it and everything was fine, mention it to my dealership and gm and just like the rear diff groans and grinding, extremely loud break squeal and clicking in the rear wheel on turns they both told me sorry about your luck.

I think its hysterical that you have a "warranty" but if there isn't a TSB and your car is still messed up where it almost seems unsafe and IS unsafe that gm wont do shit about it or take ownership at all.

buying new cars are way too overrated

GM sent the dealer a new program for my old 2016 2SS for the brakes failing. This was after it sat for 31 days and I then filed for buyback on the 31st day. They had a program the next day.......

Brake booster sensor parameter is too tight and triggers "brake assist" which reduced braking to nothing pretty much. I thought they would have done a bulletin for it. I drove it there with the dash lit up my Christmas tree and said "scan it now with me here or I will do it myself." I had already taken video of the issue since the dealer could not find codes and acted like I was lying the first time I brought it in for the issue. Can't deny it when the problem is staring you in the face.

2016 2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Hyperblue (GM buyback)

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
BlueCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #90
Kise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I think I'm just about at my "limit" with my car. I had the same antilock engagement and slow speed grab this morning (June 2016 build) didn't start till I got on the highway ( of course) then hit stop and go traffic. I decided to hop off the highway 10 miles in, shut the car off, wait and restart - back to normal.. The other bright spot this morning was the sputtering engine "miss" for first few miles (just before the brake issue) until the car was warm. I now have a list of twelve items that are F'd up. I've been waiting to have the time and possibly for a code to appear for some of them, but there's been nothing. If I go into the dealer with all of the items below, they'll look at me like I'm nuts...

Passenger window clips vert top (I could live with this as I almost always solo)
Top groans and creaks when operated (once it's up or down, I forget about it)
Excessive wind noise top up (not an issue with the top down)
Clicking wheels ( only hear this in a parking garage)
NPP valve rattle ( pulled fuse)
Clacking AFM valves- sounds like a piece of junk
Rattling / squeeking interior hardware ( I could probably live with this top down)
Clunk noise over bumps right rear- pulled seats out looking for it... nope couldn't find
Torque converter shudder- how long is this transmission going to last
Intermittent groan (changed fluid myself)
Brake antilock issue - scary
Spotty Misfire- feels like a piece of junk

I know some GEN 6's are good and some are bad, but this is ridiculous....5.7K miles.
I have almost everything listed except the misfire and vert issues.
i noticed clicking in the wheels in a parking garage too and it look 3 months for them to fix but there is a tsb for it. something about rust built up.
anything else they tell me to F*** off and GM follows right there with them.
its unreal man.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #91
Kise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCamaro6 View Post
GM sent the dealer a new program for my old 2016 2SS for the brakes failing. This was after it sat for 31 days and I then filed for buyback on the 31st day. They had a program the next day.......

Brake booster sensor parameter is too tight and triggers "brake assist" which reduced braking to nothing pretty much. I thought they would have done a bulletin for it. I drove it there with the dash lit up my Christmas tree and said "scan it now with me here or I will do it myself." I had already taken video of the issue since the dealer could not find codes and acted like I was lying the first time I brought it in for the issue. Can't deny it when the problem is staring you in the face.

man I only wish it had worked out like that.
gm should still be buying my car back even though they told me they aren't going to help with any of the addressed and proven issues.

Ive had the car for a year and have only enjoyed it for less than a month.
I haven't driven the car since Saturday
Old 06-01-2018, 09:41 AM   #92
BlueCamaro6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
man I only wish it had worked out like that.
gm should still be buying my car back even though they told me they aren't going to help with any of the addressed and proven issues.

Ive had the car for a year and have only enjoyed it for less than a month.
I haven't driven the car since Saturday
Should have filed for buyback within the first year or 18k miles in Ohio. Did you buy it in OH or another state?

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
Old 10-04-2018, 09:29 AM   #93
whitelightning011

Drives: '16 1SS A8 w/ NPP
This is a huge issue given the amount of people who have experienced this on the thread without fixes from their dealer. I am included in that group.

I had the issue occur several months ago and I've had my dealer tell me the same story, that they need to recreate it since the code went away. It's really disconcerting. I need to get them to agree to follow the TSB because this is a safety concern.

I will set up an appointment with the dealer and talk with the manager about what happened and how I fear for my safety because of it.
whitelightning011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #94
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Well almost crashed last night due to this "Brake Assist" Failure. F*cking car made me loose my noodles. I was going downhill about to hit traffic and slow as can be when all of a sudden my brakes went to shit and same crap listed here almost like anti lock brakes went off out of nowhere Bake assist light came on and felt like metal to metal grind. Well about less then a foot away i stopped behind the car in front of me (dont know how without crashing). I got to a place where i can park and turn off and restart the car and was gone the issue like most had happen here. I am besides myself as that was the closest i came to hitting anything in this car in the past 3 years having it. The A* shudder problem, rear diff groan shit, over heat caused by cooling fan failure that had to be replaced after 2 visits and 2 tows, dead battery issues. What the hell is next? Glad i have 3 months left on this lease hence why i been leasing cars past 25 years. Happy though i did find this post as i see its not uncommon but dangerous as can be. Going to the dealer tomorrow without appt. and dropping my car off until they fix all issues i will not take the thing back. F*ck U GM!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #95
Camaro 79

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Has this affected any owners that are 2017 and above, or is it strictly a 2016 issue?

Past -
2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack
2015 Camaro SS
2010 Ford Mustang GT
Camaro 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:13 PM   #96
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
My brakes are fantastic.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #97
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
My brakes are fantastic.

Don't jinx yourself now ya hear?
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:29 PM   #98
BlueCamaro6

2018 has been fine. Brakes go out, don’t turn the car off!!!!!! Drive it directly to the dealer or leave it running for the tow truck. Make sure they do t shut it off either.

I drove my 2016 directly to the dealer the second time and took video as well. Never did it after they programmed it, but they still did buyback for other problems.