The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes

Old 03-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #15
C7Driver

Drives: 2014 Z51 Lime Rock Green
I was "offered" tire and wheel insurance when I bought my C7, along with interior & paint protection, dent protection for the body (not making this up) clear bra installation and a 5-year extended warranty.
The tire & wheel ins. would have been $600. I declined. Damage to a wheel would have been "repaired" by a 3rd party who drives to the dealership with a truck and repairs the rim on-site.
Oh, the 5-year extended warranty would have cost me $1,499. When I said that sounded like a good price for a total of eights years of warranty the guy told me that it was only TWO additional years of coverage as the first three years runs along with the factory 3-year warranty. I knew that but wanted to bust their cookies.
C7Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #16
Kinney

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2L
Just did the paperwork for my Vette. Asked at the dealership about tire insurance. $799 for five years, with a max of $1400 on tires, and $2000 on rims. BUT, reading the fine print, and there is a lot of it, run flats not covered.
Kinney is offline   Reply With Quote