The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #29
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I bought an AR when I was in the Peoples Republic of NY. There the mag is clamped in place by by a cap screw thru the ejector button into the catch, then filled with epoxy. You had to load the 10 rd mag by opening the upper and loading mag from the top. I asked the dealer if it could be converted to free state compliant. His answer was yes, but not by you. I laughed. Another vendor at the show had the part I needed. 15 min after I was home it was fixed. All's good. I am in a free state now.
I hear you...

I hate these CA gun laws. It gets worse every year. I bought an Atlas Nemesis for USPSA limited shooting - had to sell it to me as a single shot pistol, then after i took ownership of it put the standard slide on.
Its BS.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:33 PM   #30
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
You don't live here, you don't know shit about our electricity. People wanna take what was on the news recently with the blizzard here in Texas and make statements like you just did.

What I'm saying is that we've never had a weather event that has caused these issues in my lifetime and my parents lifetime.

Thanks for highlighting those words for me though. I never would have made heads or tails of it otherwise.
Winter storms with similar massive power generation failures and rolling blackouts in Texas have happened twice in the past, in 1989 and 2011. The winterization recommendations from investigations conducted after both were mostly not followed because they were voluntary. Hopefully the legislature will follow through on making the winterization required this time as requested by the governor.

https://www.khou.com/amp/article/new...d-335e5d81e187

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Zcrsgdl_hP0&t=3m36s
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote