Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Camarofan123

Drives: None
I went by Late Model Racecraft today......

Well the other day on here, I was talking to the owner of Late Model Racecraft, Steven. He was nice enough to offer me a shop tour.

That place is very nice, it is a pretty big facility. They had some awesome cars. I got to hear the shop owner's Inferno Orange LS3 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS with the "Slayer" (540 HP) package installed on it. This was inside the building so it was super loud. When they started it up, I jumped back because I didn't expect it to be that loud. It had a pretty choppy idle. It made around 480rwhp on the dyno with SAE correction, wow that car was awesome.

They had a lot of other cool cars too. I got to watch a 752rwhp built/turbo'd LS1(it had a built motor, I think a stroker) Camaro SS on the dyno, it hurt my ears from 10 feet away.

There was a C6 Z06 which they put a N/A 408ci LS3 stroker in(they took the ls7 out because they put a solid roller cam in, I don't remember why they didn't want to with the ls7 or if they even said why), they were about to dyno it but it had trouble keeping an idle so I ended up leaving before they could find what the problem was and fix it. That was probably the best sounding car there.

They also had a Challenger with a Techco blower, but the bottom end blew, so they're putting a 396 stroker in it with a roots type blower.

Steven wasn't able to be there to give me a tour so a guy that worked at the shop gave me one, he was nice, so was everyone else I talked to there.

If my dad had a Camaro I'd definitely tell him to go there to get stuff installed and get tuned.

I have some pics I can post later.
Camarofan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
Sounds like a hell of a shop!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Camarofan123

Yep it sure is, it's a brand new shop too.

I'll be meeting the owner on August 8th when we get our 2007 Mustang GT/CS dynoed, that day they're having a dyno day, we'll get to do 2 runs. To keep any potential flaming from happening, my dad got the GT/CS in October 2006 which was WAY before the 2010 Camaros were on the lots or even were at all close to being on them, so it's not like we had the choice between the two. We may get a Gen. 5 Camaro SS after the TSB's/recalls slow down, it would be better to get an 2011+ anyway since they will have Heads Up Display and who knows what else options.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
pics....
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
buster6070

Drives: 02 Camaro, 10 2SS, 07 VTX1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan123 View Post
Yep it sure is, it's a brand new shop too.

I'll be meeting the owner on August 8th when we get our 2007 Mustang GT/CS dynoed, that day they're having a dyno day, we'll get to do 2 runs. To keep any potential flaming from happening, my dad got the GT/CS in October 2006 which was WAY before the 2010 Camaros were on the lots or even were at all close to being on them, so it's not like we had the choice between the two. We may get a Gen. 5 Camaro SS after the TSB's/recalls slow down, it would be better to get an 2011+ anyway since they will have Heads Up Display and who knows what else options.
Wasn't aware of a Dyno day, is it posted on the board or word of mouth. Hope I have my car back by then.
buster6070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
Camarofan123

Word of mouth from one of the guys at LMR, so don't feel mad, I didn't know about it until today. Here's the pics guys.

Camaro SS vs my dad's Mustang GT/CS LOL.

Here's the pics of the shop owner's Inferno Orange Black Rally Striped 2010 2SS/RS with the Slayer package. If I knew that they were going to start the car up I would've brang our video camera to get a sound clip.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
Li0nel1234
What should I name my car

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via AIM to Li0nel1234
How much was it to get you GFX painted and did you have your dealer mount it or the paint shop?

I am getting my GFX next week and want to get them painted IOM to match. Thanks in advance.
Li0nel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Sounds like a cool "field trip"!!
They are turning out some awesome rides.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I'll be there on the 8th if not before... Here's the Dyno Day link http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25511

and this link has the date and shop photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=racecraft
Old 07-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
Camarofan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'll be there on the 8th if not before... Here's the Dyno Day link http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25511

and this link has the date and shop photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=racecraft
I just noticed that dyno day thread yesterday LOL. That shop is so nice guys, it looks so clean. They have two big windows where watch the cars dyno. I only got to see that 750rwhp 4th gen get on the dyno, I wish I could've stayed long enough to watch that 408ci C6 Z06 dyno. Oh well, I'll get to see plenty of cars on Aug. 8th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Sounds like a cool "field trip"!!
They are turning out some awesome rides.
Yep, they sure are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li0nel1234 View Post
How much was it to get you GFX painted and did you have your dealer mount it or the paint shop?

I am getting my GFX next week and want to get them painted IOM to match. Thanks in advance.
Neither of those Camaros are my dad's car, you must've thought one was. I wish I could help but I don't have a GFX quote.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan123 View Post
Well the other day on here, I was talking to the owner of Late Model Racecraft, Steven. He was nice enough to offer me a shop tour.

They also had a Challenger with a Techco blower, but the bottom end blew, so they're putting a 396 stroker in it with a roots type blower.
Ouch! Wonder if it was a 6.1 or a 5.7.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #12
Camarofan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
Ouch! Wonder if it was a 6.1 or a 5.7.

It was a R/T, so a 5.7. I'd guess they're putting a stroker 5.7 in it. The guy in the shop I talked to was an engine builder btw. He also said that the Techco blower maxed out on boost.

Guys I also got to see some of the cars that are pictured in "The New Late Model Racecraft" thread, including the white mustang inside the shop, the orange challenger inside the shop, and the red corvette z06 parked in the parking lot.