Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #379
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Amen Brother.

I was all over the last couple of these threads before the app came out and its like talking to a wall here.
It was more like talking to a wall with it's fingers stuck in it's ears and humming loundly so as not to allow any reason to get in.

Quote:
The simple fact is, take a look at the app, how it gets real time data from the car on fuel level, etc. The OnStar box in the 2010 doesn't do that to the normal web application, so very obviously they did not want to offer the app with limited functionality to 2010 cars. There seems to be some way that it will do a real time connection to the car. Very likely they did not want to release the ability for it to work on Gen8 hardware based cars if the functionality was crippled or unreliable.
How do you spell "speculation"?

Quote:
I wonder, in a year or so when the SS has 20-50 more horsepower, is everyone going to whine that GM isn't upgrading their engine for free? Seriously!
If people familiar with the engine hardware and software come on and say they are 100% sure that the upgrade is purely a software "tune" for the 2012 model and GM insists that it's really because they installed solid titanium pistons and depleted uranium wrist pins and everyone with a 2010-2011 is out of luck, THEN you might hear some complaining. And as far as I can tell, most of the 2010 people here are not insisting that the support is "free" as you say... if there really is a firmware update that needs to be done to allow the new features then most of them would accept that they should pay for the software upgrade.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:18 PM   #380
buster6070

Drives: 02 Camaro, 10 2SS, 07 VTX1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by aet08 View Post
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onsta...393584149?mt=8

Lets get everyone here to send them an email that they need to support 2010 Camaros.

http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/tellus

Email sent.
buster6070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:43 PM   #381
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
The app is out now, I tried it, and it said my Car is not eligible :(. I hope GM will offer a update for us 2010ers.

link to app:

http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/mobile
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:16 PM   #382
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
It was more like talking to a wall with it's fingers stuck in it's ears and humming loundly so as not to allow any reason to get in.

How do you spell "speculation"?

If people familiar with the engine hardware and software come on and say they are 100% sure that the upgrade is purely a software "tune" for the 2012 model and GM insists that it's really because they installed solid titanium pistons and depleted uranium wrist pins and everyone with a 2010-2011 is out of luck, THEN you might hear some complaining. And as far as I can tell, most of the 2010 people here are not insisting that the support is "free" as you say... if there really is a firmware update that needs to be done to allow the new features then most of them would accept that they should pay for the software upgrade.
Here we go again....

sorry not taking the bait.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:17 PM   #383
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
The app is out now, I tried it, and it said my Car is not eligible :(. I hope GM will offer a update for us 2010ers.

link to app:

http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/mobile
You just had to dig up a thread on this when there was a continuous discussion of this in all caps going on at the top of the page.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:49 PM   #384
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
I insalled it on Thursday 1028. Works great and is fun.

OnStar told me it wouldn't be available until 10/30 but there was a thread on 10/28 saying it was available and it was
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #385
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
You left out the nutjob 2011 owners who are so insecure that they feel they NEED to put down 2010 owners at every opportunity and are terrified of losing even one of their 2011 'advantages' which they so enjoy lording over the poor slobs with 2010 cars.
If you're kidding, I'm falling for it... if you're not, I feel bad that this upsets you that much.

One last attempt here... We're not putting down 2010 owners, we're trying to share with the few of you that are irate over this that it's possible Onstar isn't out to get you. You guys seem so hell bent that this was on purpose or that someone's out to screw you over, or whatever, but that just doesn't seem to make any sense.

If you had this app, you wouldn't have used it but a couple times just to check it out... after that it's just an icon on your phone. What feature on this app is a 'game changer'? After learning about the features now available, were you like, "Jeez, I don't know how many times I've wanted to do ______ from my iPhone before and I haven't been able to. Now 2011 owners can do that and I can't! F- Onstar!!! " What feature can you fill in that blank with?

There's so many bigger things in life to get worked up over. Is this the hill you want to die on?

I hope some of you guys that are all worked up and pissed off about this are just having a bad week and letting your frustrations out on this and you don't do this for every little thing that you feel slighted over. Life is way too short to let stuff like this get you all worked up.

Stress is a silent killer, take care of yourselves.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 AM   #386
Sasquatch
C5 THAKILYETI

Drives: 2LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper View Post
Is this the hill you want to die on?
Well, Mr. GameChanger, Onstar, Master Control, whatever you call yourself. I am pleased to tell you that I'd gladly die on this hill or in any single one of my BUSHES that YOU and ONSTAR have so frequently been seen CRAWLING in as of late.

Since it is woefully obvious to the general Camaro owner base that you will continue to lurk my premises to no foreseeable end, I am forced to defend myself. I dare you to come near my bushes and shrubs in the daylight. I am so petrified that I cant even move. I went to the end of my rope last time, onstar. You promised me a land of eternal springtime. It started to scare me when our conversations on my car phone kept coming up short. You never even knew about your own service. Did my old cadillac connect to a different answering service within or connected to onstar? Cause let me tell you, they never came near my bushes and they even knew where to go. Holy shit. They never EFFED ME OVER OUT OF AN APP YOU CORDUROY PANTS WEARING FOOLS.

I pay for your child with every ONSTAR BILL I PAY. I wonder if they have braces, ONSTAR?

You behave like you have not been taught yet.

Have a baloney, Bologna.

gohangasalameimalasagnahog

I am unable to continue at the present time
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:05 AM   #387
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
You scare me
Old 11-01-2010, 01:41 AM   #388
moocow2024

Drives: Chevy Camaro
not sure if this has been said....

I got tired of reading through all the bickering so I decided to post this without confirming if it had been said before.

There is still hope for 2010 Camaro owners.

http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/pre...icleID=6358806

Take the time to read the second topic in the FAQ.
moocow2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:16 AM   #389
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow2024 View Post
I got tired of reading through all the bickering so I decided to post this without confirming if it had been said before.

There is still hope for 2010 Camaro owners.

http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/pre...icleID=6358806

Take the time to read the second topic in the FAQ.
yeah we know, some time on 2011 or so they say.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #390
FlCamaroSeller
AutoWay Chevy New/Used

Drives: CHEVY'S FOR SALE
The "OnStar MyLink" App was released on the 28th of October... FYI
I'm sure most have probably found it or know about it by now but just in case it is released
FlCamaroSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #391
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlCamaroSeller View Post
The "OnStar MyLink" App was released on the 28th of October... FYI
I'm sure most have probably found it or know about it by now but just in case it is released
Thread merges makes the mergee poster look so dumb or that he is way out of it, mods should write something to the effect the thread was merged.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #392
Showtyme5

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just downloaded it and it's pretty awesome. Thanks for the reminder!
Showtyme5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, app, chevrolet, iphone, onstar