#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-25-2017, 10:55 PM   #29
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
Paul, when you requested more images I sent you them. As I stated to you, I'm not happy with how fragile these wheels are. I'm not out to bash you Paul, but I'm simply comparing these wheels to other forged wheels I've used on the track before. In my opinion, these just seem more fragile. Other than the ball being dropped after I emailed you last, your customer service up to that point was stellar. And I want everyone to know that. You were always great on the phone and responded quickly to emails. I have no beef with you. My issue is with the quality of BC Forged. And once again, this is just a matter of my opinion. So, whatever that's worth. If we're going to continue this thread let's try to keep it productive for everyone else.
Mr.Weller,

I appreciate the kind and sincere words, I take extreme pride in my work, in the products the company that I own carries and the quality of service I provide to my clients. I have been doing this for 7 years now and I do not see myself doing anything other then this as I love my Job ( slash addictive hobby).

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, that is what allows for this industry that I make my living from so diverse, various brands various construction process, and the list is limitless.

This is more about facts, the forum is a place for people to learn, be guided and assisted and of course read up on products, individuals, and sometimes the occasionally leaked documents from Chevrolet cough* cough*

I just would hate for this to becoming a bashing or pissing contest as you stated you want to avoid as well.

I will be reaching out to you either later tonight or tomorrow/Monday so we can relink as there has been a break in the communication chain, and I would like to keep you as a happy client as I am to do for all my clients, and we will see what the conclusion of this concern will be.

Paul A.
PK Auto Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:58 PM   #30
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
I have two sets of the BC's and no bending yet. It's a bummer you had one fold on you. It's always disappointing when it happens though so I get your frustration. I don't think any wheel is going to be less prone to bending than others at this point. It's such a heavy car that it does not take well to blunt force. I bent my brand new forgelines on the 2nd track day and my car has never been off track yet. I got the forgelines from Paul as well as the two sets of BC... And a set or two of the MRR's, now that I think about it. There is another member here that bent the flowforged wheels too. So thats one bent of each brand that I know of and that I personally use. I don't like the paint process on the BC's but they look very good and so far have held up. I hope they help you out on a replacement at a discount, perhaps. Paul I think this is the same set of my wheels and you have my permission to post up a pic. I think I sent one out to you last weekend from the track?
Old 11-25-2017, 11:09 PM   #31
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I have two sets of the BC's and no bending yet. It's a bummer you had one fold on you. It's always disappointing when it happens though so I get your frustration. I don't think any wheel is going to be less prone to bending than others at this point. It's such a heavy car that it does not take well to blunt force. I bent my brand new forgelines on the 2nd track day and my car has never been off track yet. I got the forgelines from Paul as well as the two sets of BC... And a set or two of the MRR's, now that I think about it. There is another member here that bent the flowforged wheels too. So thats one bent of each brand that I know of and that I personally use. I don't like the paint process on the BC's but they look very good and so far have held up. I hope they help you out on a replacement at a discount, perhaps. Paul I think this is the same set of my wheels and you have my permission to post up a pic. I think I sent one out to you last weekend from the track?
Thank you sir, I do have a image of her sitting in the garage that I will post with your permission. No images of her on the track, just the video you sent me once when you were killing some corners .

Should the outcome be that they will not warranty because it went off the track, I will speak to them about working out a price for replacements for Mr. Weller should he desire it. I cannot say much right now as it is pending of course, but I will do my Best and nothing less as I have always done for my clients.

Ill post pictures shortly. Just finished up with this damn water leak !
Luckily the GF's house is not going to get flooded tonight so Ill take it as a victory

Paul 1 Water Heater 0
Old 11-25-2017, 11:13 PM   #32

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Are these your wheels on the GT4R?

Name:  05-camaro-gt4r-rear-wheel.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  221.7 KB
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:33 PM   #33
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Are these your wheels on the GT4R?

Attachment 908542
These are Forgeline.
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Tie Affair View Post
These are Forgeline.
Yes, I know. I believe they are a line of wheel also supplied by the OP. Just curious why the BC wheels would be called the first forged wheel for the ZL1 1LE, if these Forgelines were already available. Just wondering if these Forgelines on the GT4R would fit the ZL1 1LE.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:18 AM   #35
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Yes, I know. I believe they are a line of wheel also supplied by the OP. Just curious why the BC wheels would be called the first forged wheel for the ZL1 1LE, if these Forgelines were already available. Just wondering if these Forgelines on the GT4R would fit the ZL1 1LE.
Forgeline wheels are great and we have done a number of them for the Zl1 and a for the Zl1 1LE.

OminousSS had his first set as Forgeline VX1R in Bronze

The GS1R Wheels you posted can be created for the Zl1 1LE you are correct,

I should correct this first set of BC Forged wheels for the Zl1 1LE sir.

Last edited by PK Auto Design; 11-26-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: grammatical correction
Old 11-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #36

Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part....

Just to add from my limited track experience that forged aftermarket wheels are money well spent as an upgrade over stock. After seeing and hearing about stock wheels (SS in my case) completely grenading on the track at high speeds from a few unseen cracks, lighter weight, stronger, and higher quality aftermarket wheels were a welcome modification and track upgrade....(ForgeStars in my case...lol)....I never expected aftermarket wheels to survive unscathed from going off track, but going off track with the lowest grade, cheapest casting process, stock Chinese wheels that came with the car, was definitely a riskier proposition...

Good luck with your wheel business. Anyone who tracks should get better, the best you can afford, quality forged wheels. The odds of them failing compared to stock I would think are much less....Off track, understandable they may incur damage and need to be replaced...

The ZL1, ZL1-1LE stock wheels I would hope are much better quality than the stock 5thGen SS wheels that I started with....but if you track, I'd still upgrade them to a better quality aftermarket forged wheel.
Thanks for listening....Peace...

P.S. This is an old thread, but I think it's pretty informative regarding wheel quality....http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121777

Last edited by 90503; 11-26-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #37
ccw

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
When I was shopping for wheels back in Aug/Sept timeframe, I spoke with Forgeline regarding a set of wheels for a ZL1 1LE. At that time they did not have the correct tooling to get the proper offset for the front wheels. (This is a much different setup than the GT4R.) That might be why Paul referred to it as the first aftermarket forged wheel done for the ZL1 1LE.
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #38
ccw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Auto Design View Post
Forgeline wheels are great and we have done a number of them for the Zl1 and a few for the Zl1 1LE.

OminousSS had his first set as Forgeline VX1R in Bronze

The GS1R Wheels you posted can be created for the Zl1 1LE you are correct,

I should correct this first set of BC Forged wheels for the Zl1 1LE sir.
Paul, does Forgeline now have the equipment to do the 11mm offset on the ZL1 1LE front wheels? When I spoke to them they didn't have the right equipment to make this happen in stock sizes.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #39
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
Paul, does Forgeline now have the equipment to do the 11mm offset on the ZL1 1LE front wheels? When I spoke to them they didn't have the right equipment to make this happen in stock sizes.
It has been done in a 18" fitment sir, the setup I have done has been standard ZL1 10/11 combo for a street driven application on a 1LE more reasonable tire options to drive it that way. 19"

19" ZL1 1LE they show a limitation on the offset going down to a 11 but I believe they have a new forging that allows it Ill bug Darren to Verify this in the Am for me to confirm for you.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #40
PK Auto Design

Also as promised, here is OminouSS rocking his new BC Wheels

Zl1 1LE spec on his track dedicated Zl1

Old 11-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #41
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part....

Just to add from my limited track experience that forged aftermarket wheels are money well spent as an upgrade over stock. After seeing and hearing about stock wheels (SS in my case) completely grenading on the track at high speeds from a few unseen cracks, lighter weight, stronger, and higher quality aftermarket wheels were a welcome modification and track upgrade....(ForgeStars in my case...lol)....I never expected aftermarket wheels to survive unscathed from going off track, but going off track with the lowest grade, cheapest casting process, stock Chinese wheels that came with the car, was definitely a riskier proposition...

Good luck with your wheel business. Anyone who tracks should get better, the best you can afford, quality forged wheels. The odds of them failing compared to stock I would think are much less....Off track, understandable they may incur damage and need to be replaced...

The ZL1, ZL1-1LE stock wheels I would hope are much better quality than the stock 5thGen SS wheels that I started with....but if you track, I'd still upgrade them to a better quality aftermarket forged wheel.
Thanks for listening....Peace...

P.S. This is an old thread, but I think it's pretty informative regarding wheel quality....http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121777
The stock V6 1LE, SS 1LE, ZL1 and ZL1 1LE wheels are all forged from the factory unlike the standard Camaro RS or SS wheels. You would be throwing money away to change to an aftermarket wheel unless you're looking for a little more weight savings, changing wheel size, or if you want a different look.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #42
ccw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Auto Design View Post
It has been done in a 18" fitment sir, the setup I have done has been standard ZL1 10/11 combo for a street driven application on a 1LE more reasonable tire options to drive it that way. 19"

19" ZL1 1LE they show a limitation on the offset going down to a 11 but I believe they have a new forging that allows it Ill bug Darren to Verify this in the Am for me to confirm for you.
How did you get 18" wheels to clear the 15.5" brakes? I still have yet to see a Forgeline wheel fit a ZL1 1LE.

Tags
bc forged, camaro zl1 1le, camaro zl1 1le wheels, pk auto design