Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2021, 09:50 PM   #43
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Our vert IS the wifes car.
Shes definitely into it and knows exactly what it is and why she wanted it.
She wont drive it like I will but shes as smooth as silk with the M-6.
It only has almost 700 miles so its never been over 4 grand... But Ive already been ragged at for "your gunna break my car" kind of stuff....
Ill have to sneak off alone to make sure the direct injection doesnt crud up the valves....
Old 03-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #44
MR's 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
I get aggression out here from the LDT's as I call them, or Little Dick Trucks. They all seem to have a chip on thier shoulder equal in size to the penis they lack.

Imagine being the kind of person who feels good about dumping particulate emissions in huge black clouds out of the back of your truck just to.. idk... upset someone else? What's that about?
Lotta hate for pick up trucks emanating out of AZ....
Im reading this stuff and now Im all paranoid driving my truck being my normal level of aggression thinking all these people are hating on me...
When Im really not even aware of them and Im minding my own just trying to get through all the snails to get to work.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:04 PM   #45
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
Lotta hate for pick up trucks emanating out of AZ....
Im reading this stuff and now Im all paranoid driving my truck being my normal level of aggression thinking all these people are hating on me...
When Im really not even aware of them and Im minding my own just trying to get through all the snails to get to work.
It’s for a reason and only towards the guilty brodozers.
If your driving normal, then there’s no need for paranoia. Mud flaps are nice btw. At the same time I AM paranoid now of “smoke screens” and and getting lit up with rocks. I’ll literally change lanes, accelerate, decelerate roll up windows etc to avoid it.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:27 PM   #46
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
Yep. I've had several compliments at drive-thrus about my black over black RS w/tinted windows, surprisingly more from women than from men.

On the freeway, drivers of other sports cars will often speed up as I approach them from the rear or the side. On city streets, drivers of cars that couldn't possibly keep up sometimes purposely floor it from stoplights. I don't go out of my way to drag race, but I finish what they started at the next stoplight.

I've always been a Chevy guy but compared with Mustang or Challenger, Camaro's styling draws way more attention. And my Borla Atak axle-back seals the deal !
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:03 PM   #47
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I find that I don't get a lot of attention in the car, but I'm a bit older than most of the other drivers. Recently I had a guy in a Lambo give me a wave but I suspect he didn't know what brand of car I had. On time I was surprised when I was at a lawn mower shop getting parts and a girl barely out of high school was talking to me about my car. She knew which engines were offered and asked if I had the V8. Obviously a very smart girl.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:03 PM   #48
Dathomas94

Drives: Camaro 2021 ZL1 6 speed ragtop
First of all let me say I have never seen a vet go 15 mph over the speed limit and usually way slower.
I find when people hear my car coming they usually pull over. My car is a vert and white so not that aggressive looking and they don’t usually know what a ZL1 is. Clearly the hot rodding guys want to race and can oblige them at times .... the worst is the south you get on a two lane road and 2 pickups will lock side to side and not let you past and they have “ don’t tread on me” stickers on. That happens in either the ZL1 or the Toyota Highlander. I would say they are Hippocrates but the truth is they are to stupid to understand their action and the sticker and the relationship between the two.
Dathomas94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:08 PM   #49
Cocopuf

Drives: Chevy, bmw
People think I'm a douche in my bmw x3m comp, and way cooler in the shock 1le. I get more attention for sure in the camaro
Cocopuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:27 AM   #50
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Well, I have driven my friend's Mazda6 which is practically invisible. I got away with not running a radar detector.

On the other hand, my Camaro grabs a lot of attention, mostly positive. I have got compliments in parking lots and gas stations at times. I have even seen other drivers who give me thumbs up as I drive past them.

And the number 1 question for the car is, "is this paint stock?" Looks like Chevy really nailed it with Shock - lots of people initially think it's an aftermarket colour until I tell them that the car comes like that.

As for females paying attention, well there might be some that look at the car IRL but I recently opened up an Instagram account for fun and I got a few likes from a lot of girls I know that saw pics of my car on there so that's something, I guess.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:36 PM   #51
MR's 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
It’s for a reason and only towards the guilty brodozers.
If your driving normal, then there’s no need for paranoia. Mud flaps are nice btw. At the same time I AM paranoid now of “smoke screens” and and getting lit up with rocks. I’ll literally change lanes, accelerate, decelerate roll up windows etc to avoid it.
Yea I hear you on the mud flaps. I have them to protect my truck and others... stock Michelin20s. Road treads... but I see a lot of 4x4s where I feel like Im looking at a double BBL shotgun. And for some crazy reason Ive been seeing Jeep Wranglers with their fenders taken off... What the hell is that?
So today going to work.. 3/4 of my trip is nice smooth County road through rolling hills and farms. most of that is 50 MPH limit. If Im out there alone I cruze at 60. Most people are around that speed and no cops even look at you unless they are really bored. So today I cought up to a couple of cars. Both little SUVish all wheel drive econo cars. Going 45. They slowed to 40 for a gentle bend in the road I could hit at 100 in the truck. So after the bend is passing zone. As I passed I could feel them giving me the stink eye because I was in the big truck using more than my fair share of gas. And Im thinking about these posts.
I also pass them in the snow when they are going ridiculously slow. And they high beam me as I pass... Im sorry but I feel a lot less safe in close proximity to a fearfull incompetent going 10 mph in the snow with 4 ways flashing than I do at 45 going around them.
But I know they are judgmentally criticizing my obvious suicidal driving. Or they would not feel justified in high beaming me.
Even as I am judging their choice in vehicles or even their choice in coming out in the snow when they cant handle it... bald tires... Cant figure out how to use the defrosters... 4 ways flashing in case no one else noticed its snowing...
Back to the OP... today my wife came home and told me everyone was being exceptionally nice to her in the Camaro... letting her change lanes and waving her in... Not normal behavior in Jersey...
Old 03-23-2021, 10:02 PM   #52
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathomas94 View Post
First of all let me say I have never seen a vet go 15 mph over the speed limit and usually way slower.
I find when people hear my car coming they usually pull over. My car is a vert and white so not that aggressive looking and they don’t usually know what a ZL1 is. Clearly the hot rodding guys want to race and can oblige them at times .... the worst is the south you get on a two lane road and 2 pickups will lock side to side and not let you past and they have “ don’t tread on me” stickers on. That happens in either the ZL1 or the Toyota Highlander. I would say they are Hippocrates but the truth is they are to stupid to understand their action and the sticker and the relationship between the two.
Are you kidding? Lol. Come to Chicago. 15 over is the slow lane.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:22 PM   #53
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
lol,

Where I live everyone has to be in everyone else's business.

Old Housing manager, came to my mom asking about if she had someone else living with her (my mom is the current housing manager.)

My mom told the old housing manager, "Oh, that's my son's summer car."

Long story short my mom took over management from her, and the old manager is someone who likes to complain about everything my mom does or says, or is involved with.

Just THAT type of community.

My mom's response left a dumbfounded shocked look on the old manager's face. Would have been priceless to see. Just the old manager is a nosie fwit. Asking my mom what I do for a living, and my mom enjoys tormenting the old manager.

The real thought process was my mom had a "Special visitor"
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:28 PM   #54
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Racing quality on the streets is kind iffy.

All the dodge guys love to race, mustangs won't race for some reason.

And of course the other Maro guys love to race as well, because we can.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:38 PM   #55
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
I get "nice car" a lot. The kid down the street who has a Civic Type-R thinks that he's fast and discovered to his chagrin that a four banger is no match for a well tuned V8.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:12 AM   #56
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
lol,

Where I live everyone has to be in everyone else's business.

Old Housing manager, came to my mom asking about if she had someone else living with her (my mom is the current housing manager.)

My mom told the old housing manager, "Oh, that's my son's summer car."

Long story short my mom took over management from her, and the old manager is someone who likes to complain about everything my mom does or says, or is involved with.

Just THAT type of community.

My mom's response left a dumbfounded shocked look on the old manager's face. Would have been priceless to see. Just the old manager is a nosie fwit. Asking my mom what I do for a living, and my mom enjoys tormenting the old manager.

The real thought process was my mom had a "Special visitor"
Nailed it!!! This is so true.. Lots of small towns in Michigan where "everyone knows everything".. LOL.
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote