Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 07-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #29
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Every car forum has *those* guys, even this one. Pretending to put on airs that one is better than the other is disingenuous at best. Cherry picking posts by the class clown and saying that is the standard is lame.

I'm a "car guy", and I grew up in a Mopar family. I'm thrilled with the level of performance us working stiffs can get these days. But pretending that a couple tenths in 0-60 or a quarter to half second in the 1/4 is "trouncing" the competition, is also lame.

The "3" (Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger) are all great cars, and appeal to tons of people. Let's hope the younger generations carry on the muscle/pony car love and they stick around. Crowing about one being the best and the others suck... you guessed it, also lame.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #30
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Every car forum has *those* guys, even this one. Pretending to put on airs that one is better than the other is disingenuous at best. Cherry picking posts by the class clown and saying that is the standard is lame.

I'm a "car guy", and I grew up in a Mopar family. I'm thrilled with the level of performance us working stiffs can get these days. But pretending that a couple tenths in 0-60 or a quarter to half second in the 1/4 is "trouncing" the competition, is also lame.

The "3" (Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger) are all great cars, and appeal to tons of people. Let's hope the younger generations carry on the muscle/pony car love and they stick around. Crowing about one being the best and the others suck... you guessed it, also lame.
Sorry but a half second in the quarter is a trouncing in my book. Thats many car lengths. At 110+ mph a car will travel like 80 feet in a half second.

Other than that I feel you
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #31
Curr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Sorry but a half second in the quarter is a trouncing in my book. Thats many car lengths. At 110+ mph a car will travel like 80 feet in a half second.

Other than that I feel you
60 mph is 88 fps, so 110 is something like 155
(no offense I'm an engineer by trade, I like numbers!)

But I understand your point. I'm not a paper racer, or a real life racer, so for me it's Joe Avg vs Joe Avg all the cars are a drivers race. I don't get off spouting numbers that Don Garlits (I might be dating myself there) could get in my car when I know I probably couldn't.

Plus my plan is in 3 years slap a Edelbrock / Whipple SC on it
Old 07-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #32
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
60 mph is 88 fps, so 110 is something like 155
(no offense I'm an engineer by trade, I like numbers!)

But I understand your point. I'm not a paper racer, or a real life racer, so for me it's Joe Avg vs Joe Avg all the cars are a drivers race. I don't get off spouting numbers that Don Garlits (I might be dating myself there) could get in my car when I know I probably couldn't.

Plus my plan is in 3 years slap a Edelbrock / Whipple SC on it
got pretty close off the top of my head.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm an NA heads/cam guy myself.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:18 PM   #33
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:

Yes your absolutely right
all 3 give you almost the same numbers and performance but some people just don't get it even with comparing it to a 110k $ bmw.but like you said,lame
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #34
Curr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
got pretty close off the top of my head.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm an NA heads/cam guy myself.
Yeah I'm actually new to the sbc scene and I keep seeing really great gains with "just" this, so I'll probably keep all my options open! Thanks for the reminder.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #35
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
I haven't posted on here in a minute. I don't have my Camaro anymore. I'm on Mustang6G and currently have a 15' GT. I don't see anything wrong with embracing both brands or hell even all of them. And if things work out for me money-saving, the way I hope they do, I'll be able to get a new Camaro to park right beside my Mustang. Best of both! Each car has it flaws while each have something that makes them stand out.
Switchin2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:45 PM   #36
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Well, Ford also has its issues.

"Following the financial crisis, Ford did an amazing job of reinventing itself. It has launched new vehicles that look better, drive better, use less gasoline, and offer innovative technology. As a result, Ford has a strong road test score of 72. Unfortunately, reliability struggles are what hold Ford back, giving it an overall score of 53."

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobile...eports.html/7/
Old 07-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #37
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
Well, Ford also has its issues.

"Following the financial crisis, Ford did an amazing job of reinventing itself. It has launched new vehicles that look better, drive better, use less gasoline, and offer innovative technology. As a result, Ford has a strong road test score of 72. Unfortunately, reliability struggles are what hold Ford back, giving it an overall score of 53."

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobile...eports.html/7/
As does Chevrolet, just 6 points higher overall than Ford.

"Famous American automaker Chevrolet ranked No. 19 among the best brands for 2015. The company received an overall score of 59, a road test score of 71 and a middle predicted reliability score. Consumer Reports calls Chevrolet cars "a mixed bag," adding that it "doesn't offer a car that gets great gas mileage" and has a well below average and average reliability track record."

As it has been pointed out numerous times, you can find information on the web that best supports your position, regardless of what brand you prefer. Better to drive the vehicles you are interested in and make your decisions based on your criteria, not somebody else's.

Last edited by titanfan; 07-23-2015 at 02:56 PM.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #38
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Now a 50k 2 SS is being compared to a base GT350.. Umm, okay. Guess everyone else knows what the 2SS will cost and it'll be compared to a bare bones GT350. Some people are just idiots.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:17 PM   #39
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post

"Famous American automaker Chevrolet ranked No. 19 among the best brands for 2015. The company received an overall score of 59, a road test score of 71 and a middle predicted reliability score. Consumer Reports calls Chevrolet cars "a mixed bag," adding that it "doesn't offer a car that gets great gas mileage" and has a well below average and average reliability track record."

As it has been pointed out numerous times, you can find information on the web that best supports your position, regardless of what brand you prefer. Better to drive the vehicles you are interested in and make your decisions based on your criteria, not somebody else's.
Ford is on the wrong side of the curve
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #40
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Ford is on the wrong side of the curve
Agree. Different ranking system though and the disclaimer indicates, "Rankings are based on numerical scores, and not necessarily on statistical significance."

In that JDP report, that was looking at the 2012 MY and if you read, the issues that most affected the dependability of cars were related to technology, not design flaws or poor engineering. (i.e. If a owner could not easily pair their device with the car, that was a ding on the dependability ratings.) Given the issues Ford had with it's SYNC technology, the fact they are low on the rankings should be no surprise.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:37 PM   #41
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Definitely agree with this, but Consumer Reports on cars are as bout as useful as AARP reviews on game consoles. I always look at reviews to find the common denominators. That is usually where the truth is.

I remember reading somewhere one of the big auto industry awards (might have been JD Power) was using trouble reports on infotainment systems with mechanical reliability. Might be ok if the reports didn't include "ease of use". I mean really? Since when is someone not knowing how to pair their phone or having issues pairing their phone the same as an engine catching fire?

Edit: You just confirmed what I thought!

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:47 PM   #42
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Agree. Different ranking system though and the disclaimer indicates, "Rankings are based on numerical scores, and not necessarily on statistical significance."

In that JDP report, that was looking at the 2012 MY and if you read, the issues that most affected the dependability of cars were related to technology, not design flaws or poor engineering. (i.e. If a owner could not easily pair their device with the car, that was a ding on the dependability ratings.) Given the issues Ford had with it's SYNC technology, the fact they are low on the rankings should be no surprise.
It does look at 2012 vehicles because at the three year mark an owner has had enough time to decide if they will keep the car or dump it. The article does list connectivity issues as a possibility but does not say the was an or the issue with Ford. After three years you would think those items would be resolve

In the Highest-Ranked Nameplates and Models comments it doesn't mention Ford (below the curve) but it does say...

Quote:
General Motors Company and Toyota Motor Corporation each receive seven segment awards.

GM models receiving an award include the Buick LaCrosse; Chevrolet Camaro; Chevrolet Malibu; Chevrolet Silverado HD; GMC Sierra LD; GMC Terrain; and GMC Yukon.

See more at: http://www.jdpower.com/press-release....78SIdAB9.dpuf

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote