Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #15
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
AGM = "Absorbed Glass Mat," which is a specific type of lead-acid battery.
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #16
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
It’s the type of battery these cars require for the battery charging system to operate correctly. It will say agm on it
ohh cool, I will check, and so when battery charger activates on the car it does go up, its just concerning seeing the car drop so much as when i parked the car and started it back up it hesitated and actually the car almost died on me when driving around the street when i was trying to get battery charger to activate and bring everything back to life. if that makes any sense.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #17
MP3BOOSTED

I have a duralast platinum battery H6-AGM group size 48 760 CCA battery.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
Old 02-05-2020, 02:10 PM   #18
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Is your dfco setting stock?
Old 02-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #19
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Is your dfco setting stock?
Yes it is, I actually am going to have it turned off / tuned when my car is on the dyno next thursday.

Old 02-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #20
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
I noticed charging system wackiness when messing with that. Could be a one off. Keep it in mind tho
Old 02-08-2020, 11:03 AM   #21
Arthur Collins
Police Magnet No more V6

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS To 2017 50th 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Arthur Collins
ive seen it

The bcm or pcm might not be seeing enough voltage. It happened to me after I did a wire tuck on my friends ss.
“She is free in her wildness, she is a wanderess, a drop of free water. She knows nothing of borders and cares nothing for rules or customs. 'Time' for her isn’t something to fight against. Her life flows clean, with passion, like fresh water.”
Arthur Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:00 AM   #22
MP3BOOSTED

i ended up switching over to an optima battery, I haven't had a chance to drive the car since the install of it either. I plan on getting some miles on it today or tomorrow and seeing how it acts. The durlast battery I had when starting the car and data logging with so low voltage caused a lot of issues as far as the MAF readings and car was surging a lot. nice to know that a battery can cause a lot of issues like that.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:56 AM   #23
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #24
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
i ended up switching over to an optima battery...
What is the resting voltage of your old battery? You might also try hooking that up a to a charger and see if it holds a charge.
Yes, a bad battery can wreak havoc with modern car systems. Particularly if there is a bad cell or something else causing the voltage to really drop.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:54 AM   #25
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
What is the resting voltage of your old battery? You might also try hooking that up a to a charger and see if it holds a charge.
Yes, a bad battery can wreak havoc with modern car systems. Particularly if there is a bad cell or something else causing the voltage to really drop.
I honestly couldn't say, at first driving on the old battery it would be at 12.3 then immediately drop down to low 11s until the point it hit 10s and i started getting battery saver active mode then hit battery charging and went back up to high 11s and kept doing that over and over again, driving home on the new optima battery i don't recall it hitting 11s it just stayed around low 12s to mid. but that was also a short drive home.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #26
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I meant putting a voltmeter on it out of the car. I don't necessarily think we can trust the dashboard gauges in this case, as your charging/monitoring system may be part of the problem.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:17 AM   #27
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I meant putting a voltmeter on it out of the car. I don't necessarily think we can trust the dashboard gauges in this case, as your charging/monitoring system may be part of the problem.
ahh, yeah i never tested, I will however try it on my new battery and report back.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #28
MP3BOOSTED

Wel new battery didn’t help, I’m at a lost right now, car is flipping crap when idling. My hair is reading 9.5.