The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 12-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #85
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I fear I'm losing this one.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #86
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Hank - you're funny. I felt like that is what is was last year at first-thought we were on Full Tree.

As someone who races a bit, I would recommend Pro Tree for all classes. I race and TNT locally on Full and race abroad on Pro. There are different approaches to each based upon ones car and driver skill. One's ET would be the same on either-only if one stages the same way. I do not, so it's important to know which the tree will be -No Random trees(teack tower would laugh too at the idea)

It is very uncommon to red light on Pro if you stage properly. So it's best for this event.
With Full tree(countdown yellows), it is quite easy to red light-despite its also generally easier to cut a good light.

There are phone practice apps and also I'd suggest watching a few runs and foot practice on their tree before you go to the lanes.

If you are having really slow RT on the Pro and are entering a heads up event, you can help your RT by staging deeper into the stage. This will also slow your ET down, but is irrelevant if you crossed the finish line first from a better than opponent reaction time.

If anyone are new to the drag scene, there is a great sticky in Camaro5 Drag section 'Drag racing for newbies'.

Feel free to ask me any procedure questions in the lanes during TNT, in my pit(look for blue canopy/white trailer/silver 5G), or at the hotel night gatherings. Glad to help.
Thanks Tim...
Old 12-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #87
paul3078

Drives: 2024 Nitro Yellow 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Interesting. As much as i loved the nice weather I'd love high 70s low 80s this time lol. That heatsoak last year was killer. Any chance they will keep better track of who's racing in the classes? I know myself and whiskeyfed sat in the staging lanes for our runs for like 5-8 mins while they kept announcements going for us to be there.

Second question if we arrived on thursday can we tech in that day to save time i know we all kinda sat there for the tech in on friday for awhile last year.

If you are drag racing, post up what class and I'll do my best to keep this list as 100% updated as i can. If you need to bail for any major reason shoot me a PM or post on here so i can adjust accordingly in case maybe classes and racers wanna do their own ideas in addition to class racing.

Drag Racing List
:

Class 0: All 2.0T I4 Camaros

WhiskeyFed
Evil-Bee-NH

Class 1: All V6 Camaros

Class 1.5: Modded V6 Camaros.

racergirl
RubyCamaro

Class 2: Stock SS Camaros.

X-Factor
HartfordRacingCaptain

Class 3: Modified 5th/6th Gen Camaros.

chevyracingfan

Class 4: Super Modified FI/Nitrous 5th/6th Gen Camaros.

Class 5: Unlimited Any Camaro Any Mod/Driver

Bracket Racing: Any Camaro (Plz specify generation).

RubyCamaro
wrankin

M6 Street Tire: Any Manual Camaro no DRs/ Slicks.

Stock ZL1: CAI okay
Guess I'd be in super modified class.. and the kicking evil bee's ass class as well. Need to do some driveline mods and get drag radials before July! C'mon work bonus!

Last edited by paul3078; 12-20-2017 at 09:24 PM.
paul3078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #88
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Guess I'm in the super modified too, forged bottom end with a little squirt of nitrous. Over fueling issues from a remote tune cost me my stock block. Not going to win, but I'm going to run until my wheels come off!

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:45 PM   #89
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I fear I'm losing this one.
The way I see it is the rules are set. You either play by the rules or go home.

I'm gonna play.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #90
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul3078 View Post
Guess I'd be in super modified class.. and the kicking evil bee's ass class as well. Need to do some driveline mods and get drag radials before July! C'mon work bonus!
Lawl unless your car explodes all over the track again. I doubt I'll cut any record breaking time for the I4 but I'm improving bit by bit.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #91
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
I think I'll try drag racing for the first time. I have headers and a tune so sign me up for the Modified class.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #92
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
I think I'll try drag racing for the first time. I have headers and a tune so sign me up for the Modified class.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:17 PM   #93
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
It was fun going up against hanks wife during tnt. We battled countless times and she beat me every time by a max .3 and it was as close as .01. Hanks car is SC while I got full bolt ons and tune but it was fun competition and I made a promise she will lose one race next fest lol.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:54 AM   #94
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
The way I see it is the rules are set. You either play by the rules or go home.

I'm gonna play.
The last time I checked, I don't believe a decision has been made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
yes, that capability exists and we will consider it.
I understand and appreciate the differences between the two types of trees. I am not new to the drag scene. I still prefer the Sportsman tree, despite all of its perceived "disadvantages".

Telling me to practice or to get used to the pro tree is somewhat of a cop-out answer...you can practice and get used to a Sportsman tree just as easily as I can practice and get used to the Pro tree.

If you are only getting 1 qualifying run due to Camarocross, etc.,then on your 1 run, wait till the green light is on for awhile then leave and do your normal pass. We are matched up according to E.T. only and reaction time does not even enter into it. If you turned the fastest E.T. in your class but had an abysmal 3 second reaction time guess what, you still qualify first.

Having said that... if despite all of this, we are having a problem filling the class because everybody is redlighting, then why not ignore the redlights during qualifying? ( again, during qualifying ONLY) If I am the slowest in my class and I turned a 12 flat, what difference does it make if I redlighted? A 12 flat with a redlight is the same as a 12 flat no redlight as far as who I'll be paired up against. Ill be paired up with the class number 1 qualifier either way. Then everybody gets to race and no one is left out because they were juggling events and redlighted on their only qualifying run.

I don't see Redlighting as this horrible problem. Sigh....
faSSteddie

Last edited by faSSteddie; 12-21-2017 at 03:41 AM.
faSSteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:18 AM   #95
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
It was fun going up against hanks wife during tnt. We battled countless times and she beat me every time by a max .3 and it was as close as .01. Hanks car is SC while I got full bolt ons and tune but it was fun competition and I made a promise she will lose one race next fest lol.
She is looking forward to it Ace, she had a blast and I heard about that all year long. She truly had a wonderful time on the track and looking forward to it again this year. I may have to borrow your car and go against her this year.

I may have something a little new for the car this year too, weight-saving, move faster mod.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #96
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Oh I will play no matter what. Too much fun to miss.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #97
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I thought that I had posted that I was in for the drag racing. However, I was just interested in the test 'n tune and making a few passes.

My SS is stock right down to the run-flats. There will likely be a tire change before July. Since I am far more interested in NCM than the drag racing, I am sure that my new shoes will be geared towards road courses instead of drag strips.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #98
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I thought that I had posted that I was in for the drag racing. However, I was just interested in the test 'n tune and making a few passes.

My SS is stock right down to the run-flats. There will likely be a tire change before July. Since I am far more interested in NCM than the drag racing, I am sure that my new shoes will be geared towards road courses instead of drag strips.
No reason not to jump in your respective class. You can still just treat it as a test and tune run.

More the merrier!!!