Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
cjon9657

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Send a message via MSN to cjon9657
Post Your experience going to the dealership and picking up your camaro?

I know theres been threads of people asking what did you do to your camaro today but i've always wanted to know what your experience/emotions/going through your head while going to pick up your new 5th gen camaro from your dealership? I know when i went to Jim Clark to just test drive one, i had no intentions of buying but after driving one i knew i had to have one and i picked mine up 2 weeks later from them and on my way to the dealership i was so excited because i've for one, never owned a brand new vehicle, and two i was in love with the camaro ever since it came back. I almost had to pinch myself when i left the dealership and was taking it back home. it was a great experience for me and i thank my salesman danny for taking care of me.
cjon9657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
phntmss

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
i to was going threw some of the same feelings.. first brand new car... and loved that the camaro made a comeback!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
What was going through my mind was, ALL this damn paper work, just give me the keys man !!! ARRG ...
Old 09-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
s1k0

Drives: Corvette C6
Can't even explain how I felt. When I first test drove it I was speechless. When I got a call and was told it was ready for pick up I was like someone please Pinch me. I just wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. The whole time I was like this must be a dream I don't want to wake up and find myself in my bed. I also have never owned a brand new car and to own my dream car basically was an unexplainable feeling. I felt like this was one day I will never forget. When I first stepped in my car with the factory smell was amazing! I can go on and on all day with this.. I still cannot believe it TBH!

Sold It..
s1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
for us we did the deal on the phone, ran in dropped off our trade in, & signed the paper work & headed to seattle for my husbands drs appointment.
Never test drove the car nothing.

We are old hands at buying cars, so its no funny feeling or anything its just something we do lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
I have 2 dream Cars (Red Camaro SS and Corvette more specifically a ZR1 in jet stream blue). I vowed to myself I would own both and did not buy a car until this year when I visited he dealership. I knew exactly what I wanted and the dealer was genuinely excited that it was my first car and phoned and looked everywhere to get the exact match and everything to make me happy. First rate service, everytime I go in their he comes out to greet me, wants to know what I've done and complements somethin different every time lol

Fantastic dealership IMO

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
Endless
Never Surrender!

Drives: '11 Rally Yellow Camaro LS
I wanted 2grand for my trade in, and they offered $1500. Negotiations continued back and forth, it went up the chain of sales rep to manager to finally the official owner of the dealership. (they only had 3 camaro's, 1 auto, and 1 SS which I couldn't afford). Respectfully, I had to decline, and was upset, but just as I'm walking out the door, the guy comes running out and says, "Mr. Wagner..I refuse to believe that we're gonna lose your business over $300 bucks!"

Mind you, I'd been haggling and talking 3hrs before walking out; but he reeled me back in, and finally they agreed to give $1900 AND they bought us lunch b/c they had kept me and my gf for 4hrs.

It was FIERCE though! At one point I had test drove it, and for 2hrs during haggle, was totally interested; wasn't till the trade in talks ensued that the dealer's got nasty. So bad, that while 1 manager was talking to me at the table, another one runs in and says, "These the keys to the yellow LS? There's a customer outside who's showing interest in purchase."

I grabbed the keys before the manager could and stood up and replied, "Where is he? I'd like to hand him the keys personally."

The manager looked at his counter-part with a dumbfounded look that I had called his bluff. Yeah, so they ask me to sit down and begin discussing prices again...

Hahaha! Yeah, it was rude, but I mean, in the end, THEY catered to me hand and foot. So all in all, it was definitely a memorable moment, considering the calibur of the car, and the customer service. A fun experience
Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
I was pretty damn excited. The next day was better, because I had the day off work and got to take it on a nice long inaugural drive.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #9
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Considering it took me 95 minutes to drive to the dealer and I knew I was coming home with it, really wasn't much of a big deal.

To me, what the best part of the whole deal, was dealing with the dealer through emails and not having the hassle of "come in and take a look."

I knew what I wanted, what I wanted to pay and what I needed to get it done. I emailed the salesman and told him what my intentions were and he made it happen. No unnecessary bs that dealers like to put you through. Very happy with how the transaction went down and very happy that I got the Camaro I always wanted.

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:44 AM   #10
ZL1DREAMER
Graveyard Zombie

Drives: '12 2SS/45th
I'll let you know in 6-10 weeks....
Old 09-22-2011, 01:52 AM   #11
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Went to look at them ended up coming out with one and it came with a jar of cookies those things where awesome.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #12
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine is a little unique. I ordered my Camaro from Becky D at Rodgers Chevrolet, and it was delivered to me here in Missoula at my local dealership. Almost all the paper work was done so I basically walked in, signed one piece of paper, and then I drove off. The salesman I had kind of worked with locally was speechless when I picked up my car (the look on his face was priceless). I guess they should have taken me serious when I said I was ordering my Camaro and I was just double-checking their price. I’m glad they didn’t though- Becky saved me $2,000.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
n116ebo
n116

Drives: 2010 2SS YELLOW TRANSFORMER AUTO
I flew to Witchita Falls, salesman picked me up at airport, did a walk around for any body problems, took a test drive, money exchanged hands and then took a nice drive back home.(260 miles to the house) Was scared to death all the way home, figured I would get a rock chip or hit a deer. 18 months later, no rock chips, no deer and look forward to every cruise she and I go on.
n116ebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #14
csmith4153

Drives: 2011 1SS
I didn't go to the dealership, the owner of the dealership brought the car to me.
csmith4153 is offline   Reply With Quote