Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
Vette TPI

Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
Tire choices??

I am looking at some 19X9 wheels for my car and looked at a couple of Nitto tire choices. And was wondering which was the best to get for the wheels, I'm gonna just get the same size on all four and the really light weight wheels. Also all these tires are very close within a few hundredths or so to my size tires now so they won't mess with the speedometer. I kind of like the NT05's the best because they have a good amount of sidewall but they are also the thinnest tire. And the widest wheel those will take is a 9" and that's what I am looking for. Because I hear it is nice having a lot of side wall but will it even be beneficial although using the widest wheel?

I got...
Motivo *255/35ZR19 96Y
NT05 *225/40ZR19 93W
Invo *255/35ZR19 96Y
Old 07-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
I hear the motivo is a great new tire with somewhat good tread life. It's a "all Season performance tire" so it's gonna be softer than an all season but harder than a summer sport tire like the invo. The motivo is going to be the best bet for colorado, being that it is supposedly better in wet and dry conditions. They also handle snow well.

The invos are gonna wear like a Pirelli, so you can expect great performance in the summer, and probably not so hot in the winter (ha get it?) with a wear probably around 12-20k miles, depending on how you drive.

The motivo as well as the NTO5 have nice sidewalls. The invo is a softer summer tire so you can expect it to be sticky in a straight line, but perhaps a bit more flexible (and maybe less planted) in turns.

Now these are things I have read in my own research, however reading some of the reviews, I would say the motivo is a great tire option for you for what you want and where you live. I live in Texas and will be buying a new set of tires myself here pretty soon. I am moving from the 18 in BF all weathers to the 20in SS wheels with a summer tire, so I've spent a bit of time searching for the right one without prior experience with a tire on this wheel. The motivo was highly recommended by my tire shop and I'm trying to decide between that, and the hankook ventus V12 Evo.

Please take this for what it's worth, as these are not first hand experiences. However, I am confident they are reliable based on the countless reviews (both good and bad) I have read about the invos and motivos.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs

Last edited by My Caroline; 07-14-2012 at 10:59 PM.
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Vette TPI

Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
I hear the motivo is a great new tire with somewhat good tread life. It's a "all Season performance tire" so it's gonna be softer than an all season but harder than a summer sport tire like the invo. The motivo is going to be the best bet for colorado, being that it is supposedly better in wet and dry conditions. They also handle snow well.

The invos are gonna wear like a Pirelli, so you can expect great performance in the summer, and probably not so hot in the winter (ha get it?) with a wear probably around 12-20k miles, depending on how you drive.

The motivo as well as the NTO5 have nice sidewalls. The invo is a softer summer tire so you can expect it to be sticky in a straight line, but perhaps a bit more flexible (and maybe less planted) in turns.

Now these are things I have read in my own research, however reading some of the reviews, I would say the motivo is a great tire option for you for what you want and where you live. I live in Texas and will be buying a new set of tires myself here pretty soon. I am moving from the 18 in BF all weathers to the 20in SS wheels with a summer tire, so I've spent a bit of time searching for the right one without prior experience with a tire on this wheel. The motivo was highly recommended by my tire shop and I'm trying to decide between that, and the hankook ventus V12 Evo.

Please take this for what it's worth, as these are not first hand experiences. However, I am confident they are reliable based on the countless reviews (both good and bad) I have read about the invos and motivos.
Thank you for the help, I will probably go with Motivo's for daily driving then. Because I eventually plan on some racing rubber later
Old 07-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Invo's are a 260 or 280 treadwear tire that is a pretty good all around tire, that works pretty well for Autocross too. I run NT-05's and they have good grip, however with 200 treadwear rating they don't last too long if you agressively drive on them...
Old 07-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette TPI View Post
Thank you for the help, I will probably go with Motivo's for daily driving then. Because I eventually plan on some racing rubber later
No problem! I can't wait to get my new wheels on. I am gonna wait for these tires to go, but I am soo ready toget these ugly steelies off.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote