Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-24-2019, 10:04 PM   #15
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
Hey all,

I've been tracking my 2018 SS 1LE since I got it about 6 months ago and it's been great. (For reference, I'm around 1:51 or 1:52 at Sonoma bone stock.) All my previous cars have required modding to be track ready and although I'm really happy with the car, I almost wish there was something I HAD to do to make it track worthy. Many of you are familiar with this "itch."

I was thinking about the ZL1 1LE spoiler but it's expensive and also doesn't match up with the SS 1LE holes. I considered a wicker bill but I'm not a huge fan of the look and frankly, it seems like the drag/down force ratio would be a lot worse than a proper spoiler. (Pure conjecture on my part.)

So my main question to the experts here... will either spoiler make much difference on track? And if so, which one would you go with?

I also considered a front splitter upgrade but this is also my daily driver and it's already hard enough driving around being careful not to crash it into something. I'd consider the dive planes though the ones I've seen all looks kinda cheesy compared to the ZL1 1LE ones. Any thoughts on those would be appreciated as well.

I would say there is a few things you can do to make it "better" for track days if anything.

For one, you can install the brake cooling kit which will help air direct to the brembos. There is also swapping fluid and pads if you have not already done so. Furthermore, BMR makes some nice suspension upgrades that would also compliment the car as well stay planted and feel more solid.
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:19 AM   #16
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
It’s PC only I believe. And I’m Mac only unfortunately. Although I do have an older PC in a closet somewhere I think.
You are Mac and having PDR issues? I read on here that some people dont get audio with their PDR recordings using Mac. I think it was on the Cosworth forums that a guy had the same problem but found a work around for it to work on his Mac. Do you get sound when reviewing the videos in the car?

http://support.cosworth.com/post/why...imovie-8635508

As for your track map problem, if you don't have the 'map.gpx' file on the memory card, it wont know what track you are on. You need to define the finish line on the track and drive a lap so the GPS builds a map. You can't define finish line in the pit lane and go out as it will not recognise driving near the defined finish line as passing over the finish line. When downloading your videos, you can then save that map to your computer and reload it to the SD card before you leave and it will remember the track. You will need to save the map in different folders for each track you go to or you will not know which map you are loading. All map files are named 'map.gpx'.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:32 AM   #17
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
Hmm... that would explain a lot. Do you know if it behaves differently when Onstar and 4G are active? I swear it worked differently when I first got it and those services were still in their free trial time.

In any case, the video quality is crap so if they can fix that I can work on the other things myself.

I’m also going to try the integrated OBDii track addict option. And maybe also their desktop race render stuff.
oneplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #18
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Hmm... that would explain a lot. Do you know if it behaves differently when Onstar and 4G are active? I swear it worked differently when I first got it and those services were still in their free trial time.

In any case, the video quality is crap so if they can fix that I can work on the other things myself.

I’m also going to try the integrated OBDii track addict option. And maybe also their desktop race render stuff.
Fyi i have onstar and wifi service and they dont interfere with my pdr at all. Even if the track is part of the pdr list i still need to manually mark start/finish which i do on the out lap. Otherwise the vid records but the lap times dont show.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:03 AM   #19
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
most companies dont wing tunnel test parts so its always a crapshoot lol 99% of wings and splitters and etc are just for looks so who knows what it really does on a track