Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-30-2017, 12:46 AM   #1
BIGG_FRANCO

Drives: 2017 camaro
Dash board went black

Ok was driving at night and everything went black on dash board then lights came back on after a few seconds..not sure what happen but has anyone else encounter this? 6th gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGG_FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #2
BIGG_FRANCO

Anybody?

Old 10-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #3
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGG_FRANCO View Post
Anybody?

Franco- I had something similar happen to me back in late August. What I did was to disconnect the negative battery cable in the trunk for about 30 seconds. Everything will automatically reset itself. The car may or may not ask you to index the windows. It’s very simple. Just roll each window up and down all the way when asked to. The memory on your head unit will be okay with nothing lost. I haven’t had a reoccurrence since. If it happens again to you, then you may want to try this. Nothing will be affected by doing so.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
BIGG_FRANCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Franco- I had something similar happen to me back in late August. What I did was to disconnect the negative battery cable in the trunk for about 30 seconds. Everything will automatically reset itself. The car may or may not ask you to index the windows. It’s very simple. Just roll each window up and down all the way when asked to. The memory on your head unit will be okay with nothing lost. I haven’t had a reoccurrence since. If it happens again to you, then you may want to try this. Nothing will be affected by doing so.

Right on man thanks I'll give it a try if it happens again..

Old 10-31-2017, 01:16 PM   #5
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGG_FRANCO View Post
Ok was driving at night and everything went black on dash board then lights came back on after a few seconds..not sure what happen but has anyone else encounter this? 6th gen

Dual Flux capacitor getting a 2.0 remote server firmware upgrade from onstar.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:43 PM   #6
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I was just sitting in the service department and heard a woman describe the same problem on a new Chevy pickup.

Needless to say they couldn't replicate the problem or find any error code.

I've had some gremlins in a 2015 Trax. It's been reprogrammed twice per recalls, and all that does is change from one gremlin to another. I went from occasional frozen screen to momentary outage, and now to inconsistent blue link connection. Sometimes the phone gets connected on startup, other times I have to do it manually.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:13 PM   #7
Mydistrust

Drives: 2017
Had a similar thing happen the other day- dash went black and all the gauges went crazy for a couple secs and then the dash came back on and everything was back to normal. It happened while I was in gear and driving as well. I don’t have any mods on this car as of yet, but I did have the brain of the infotainment center replaced by the dealership. Could there be any correlation between the problem and the replacement of the infotainment brain? Could they have possibly knocked a wire loose or something during this process?
Old 12-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #8
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
i had this happen a while back but because of my error. when i installed my headers the heat shield and ground wire from starter touched so when i stepped on the gas i'd get an engine cut but after fixing that all is well. i'm sure this isn't your caused but just thought i'd share.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote