Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-23-2017, 06:55 AM   #43
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Always wash in the evening in the shade, black car.
I use 3 super plush bath towels. 1 for initial water absorption, 2nd for final wipe down and 3rd for all door, trunk and hood jam areas. Then I immediately throw them in the washing machine and use the same ones for the same tasks each time. Been washing the Camaro once a week on average.....sometimes I skip a week, but it's not our daily driver.

I use waffle weave for detail spray and wipe along with a microfiber. I wash all these regularly on gentle cycle.....have a bunch of them.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:22 AM   #44
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
I use an electric leaf blower and then shine it up with a microfiber cloth.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:34 AM   #45
pdrumans

Drives: 2LT Red Hot 2.0t
I get on the highway and air dry mine
pdrumans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #46
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
With a black car and the heat, sounds like you need Simple Chucks......Has good reviews. Rinse and walk away or micro dry if no faith .

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072QRNWY8?psc=1
Clearly you are not familiar with my financial situation
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:33 PM   #47
pjz1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
There are 1 million ways to do this, but if any of them involve touching the paint, the product needs to be cleaned immediately afterwards, not just hosed off and hung on the fence… Which is what I see so much of, Waffle weave, absorber, Chamois… all work if it's clean.

And I've used many blowers, master blaster, porter cable etc. and I still have to go back over it with a MF weave to eliminate the water tracks. I don't know how you guys do it , just using a blower. I do use the blower on my wheels where water tracks don't matter.
Glen, the only problem I see there is my car is constantly dirty. I'm talking within a couple days., And not just a little dirty. I don't think people who live elsewhere know how much blowing dust and dirt we get out here. I'm worried it would be too much and scratch the paint.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #48
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
Glen, the only problem I see there is my car is constantly dirty. I'm talking within a couple days., And not just a little dirty. I don't think people who live elsewhere know how much blowing dust and dirt we get out here. I'm worried it would be too much and scratch the paint.
Understood. the way to handle this is buy a cheap spray wand off amzn so you can rinse it down, then pull it back into the garage- it doesn't matter if it starts to dry, then do a panel by panel Rinseless. You're still way ahead of the game versus a hose, in terms of time and energy spent.

https://www.amazon.com/Windaze-Press...ose+spray+wand
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #49
pjz1082

Quote:
Understood. the way to handle this is buy a cheap spray wand off amzn so you can rinse it down, then pull it back into the garage- it doesn't matter if it starts to dry, then do a panel by panel Rinseless. You're still way ahead of the game versus a hose, in terms of time and energy spent.

I have one like that on my pressure washer. I will give the rinseless a try. Thanks again Glen.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:34 PM   #50
BIGG_FRANCO

Drives: 2017 camaro
Quote:

Wow haven't seen that in a awhile bought that years back it was money down the drain it didn't last long wonder if it's better built now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGG_FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #51
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Sometimes I use a leaf blower, but most times I just use a silicone blade to wipe off most of the water and then microfiber towels to get the rest. I buy the bulk packs from Costco and just toss them when I'm done.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote