Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #15
Phoenix_Gilmore

Drives: 2020 2SS
I4 to SS

I was interested in doing this and even went to the dealership for a quote. They gave me $19k for my 2.0 and added the almost $8k to the price of a 1SS putting my payments in the high 7s low 8s. As much as I want an SS, I'll wait.
Phoenix_Gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #16
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Gilmore View Post
I was interested in doing this and even went to the dealership for a quote. They gave me $19k for my 2.0 and added the almost $8k to the price of a 1SS putting my payments in the high 7s low 8s. As much as I want an SS, I'll wait.
What do you mean they added $8k to the price of the SS? Are you trying to say that they were going to roll in negative equity from your trade?
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:46 AM   #17
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
What do you mean they added $8k to the price of the SS? Are you trying to say that they were going to roll in negative equity from your trade?
Pretty much.. I would ride it out it.. that SS will cost too much and not be worth it
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #18
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
Quote:
that's usually the case most of the time. That's why when you buy a car you have to be sure your buying the car you want and even test drive the pricier options that way you make the best decision for your needs. first 2 years unless you gave $8000 to $9000 down with and excellent interest rate you probably going to be upside down and have to roll over that balance.
I had to deal with that 2years ago as I was returning a leased vehicle, but the car had lost almost all its value due to a frame damage accident I had ( which I wasn't even at fault. Car was fixed perfectly by Geico.... so I thought)... long story short I had $7000 rolled over to the purchase of a vehicle that I didn't even want but was all I could get at the time...
Lucky last year I totaled that vehicle ( not at fault again... Lady txting driving a Porshe SUV) . this time it was a purchase not a lease and I had GAP insurance. Took a while for the claim to go through but in the end gap paid off $9400 that I was upside down from the crappy deal I had. So this is how I got lucky and came out dead even so I bought me my 2.0t Camaro.

IG user @Gen6turbo

Last edited by Beast-Y-Blue; 07-20-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #19
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast-Y-Blue View Post
that's usually the case most of the time. That's why when you buy a car you have to be sure your buying the car you want and even test drive the pricier options that way you make the best decision for your needs. first 2 years unless you gave $8000 to $9000 down with and excellent interest rate you probably going to be upside down and have to roll over that balance.
I had to deal with that 2years ago as I was returning a leased vehicle, but the car had lost almost all its value due to a frame damage accident I had ( which I wasn't even at fault. Car was fixed perfectly by Geico.... so I thought)... long story short I had $7000 rolled over to the purchase of a vehicle that I didn't even want but was all I could get at the time...
Lucky last year I totaled that vehicle ( not at fault again... Lady txting driving a Porshe SUV) . this time it was a purchase not a lease and I had GAP insurance. Took a while for the claim to go through but in the end gap paid off $9400 that I was upside down from the crappy deal I had. So this is how I got lucky and came out dead even so I bought me my 2.0t Camaro.

IG user @Gen6turbo
I understand how it works, I just didn't understand what he was saying. He didn't make it clear if it was negative equity, or if the dealer was trying to charge more money for the SS. Rolling over negative equity into another car is a big step toward financial ruin!

As far as your situation goes, could you not get a diminished value claim paid by the other parties insurance? That is why that is available, so you don't end up in the situation you described.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #20
CamaroNorth2017
Nuclear Engineer

Drives: 2017 NGM Camaro 1LT
I am looking to trade in my 2017 1LT for a 2SS eventually. I'd like to wait until the 2019 model year refresh and then pull the trigger.

When I got the car in October 2016, I received an employee pricing discount and traded in a vehicle. I got about $8000 off of the purchase price of my vehicle.

I am hoping the fact that I got the car for 8k off will allow me to almost break even when I either sell or trade in my 1LT. Hopefully the gap between what I owe on the car and the trade in value is at max a couple grand which I can then fill in with some saved money.

I love my 1LT but I love the 2SS more. The creature comforts, the V8, the exhaust note, the front grille. I've never owned a V8 before and I'd like to before they are replaced with Turbo I4's and V6's in combination with electric motors.
2017 Camaro 1LT - Nightfall Gray Metallic - LTG 2.0L Turbo I4 - 8-Speed Auto - 20" Low Gloss Black Alum. Wheels - Matte Black RS Spoiler - LED Headlamps - Sunroof - Bose Premium Sound System - Smoked Tail lights - Rear Decklid Blackout - Black Bowties - Technology Package

"Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes." - Ray
CamaroNorth2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:15 PM   #21
BIGG_FRANCO

Drives: 2017 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroNorth2017 View Post
I am looking to trade in my 2017 1LT for a 2SS eventually. I'd like to wait until the 2019 model year refresh and then pull the trigger.

When I got the car in October 2016, I received an employee pricing discount and traded in a vehicle. I got about $8000 off of the purchase price of my vehicle.

I am hoping the fact that I got the car for 8k off will allow me to almost break even when I either sell or trade in my 1LT. Hopefully the gap between what I owe on the car and the trade in value is at max a couple grand which I can then fill in with some saved money.

I love my 1LT but I love the 2SS more. The creature comforts, the V8, the exhaust note, the front grille. I've never owned a V8 before and I'd like to before they are replaced with Turbo I4's and V6's in combination with electric motors.

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGG_FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:30 AM   #22
ChicagoTommy

Quote:

A car that you trade in isn't 'money off the new car'. It's basically cash that you're paying to reduce the price, not a discount on the new car.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:53 PM   #23
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0L Turbo
I almost did! Went to the dealer. Test drove the car. Got my car appraised, but since I'm stuck in traffic most of the time I'm driving I decided to keep my I4 since it gets good gas mileage

Tell me, ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
tsanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:31 PM   #24
BIGG_FRANCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanchez18 View Post
I almost did! Went to the dealer. Test drove the car. Got my car appraised, but since I'm stuck in traffic most of the time I'm driving I decided to keep my I4 since it gets good gas mileage

Was the numbers way out?

Old 08-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #25
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0L Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGG_FRANCO View Post
Was the numbers way out?

What do you mean by number? Price or the mileage?

Tell me, ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
tsanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #26
BIGG_FRANCO

Price

Old 08-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #27
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #28
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
A car that you trade in isn't 'money off the new car'. It's basically cash that you're paying to reduce the price, not a discount on the new car.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote