Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Nope. I haven't been on a list but learned a little about it when I called my dealer. They aren't starting the list until they begin to get factual information. Pretty easy stuff. But, I wouldn't expect to get on any list until at least the beginning of next year. That's a guess, but I'd keep my ears open and call every once in a while to see what your dealer does. It won't be the same across the board. My dealer could begin accepting in April/May of next year while your dealer could begin a list in July. All I'm saying is if you want to get into it early, don't rely on them calling you. Do it yourself and keep up to date with them.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #16
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
after detroit auto show of next year, January 07,we will know whats going to happen. i still am very much stuck on the fact that they are going to bring the car out in mid 08 as an 09 car like the z06. there is no way they are going to have the car star in the transformer movie and not intend on bring int out shortly after. thats not coming out till next july, they plan on bringing the car out in 09 thats a whole year and a half till it comes out. there is no way thats happeneing. i think its going to come out earlier than that. there going to surprise us about it. especially if they have banners and billboards up with the car on them and its not coming out for another 2 years? i dont think so too much advertisement will wear out the car just like the ssr so if they dont get it going soon people are going to start to turn the other way with it. right now is one of the highest points of the car, waiting for something to be finalized. its coming my friends....... its coming
Old 09-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Keep up the wishful thinking and it just might happen. I'll have my fingers crossed.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:04 AM   #18
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
oh its going to happen my friend its going to happen
Old 09-19-2006, 05:32 PM   #19
DaveG

Drives: 96 & 98 Camaro's
Send a message via Yahoo to DaveG
As per GM memebers, the camaro will be out 4th quarter 08 and will be titled a 2009 camaro. 6-8 months before that, they will start releasing dealerships allocations. This means you will be able to order a camaro from your dealer depending on it's allocations. The first year looks to be an order only basis.

-Dave G- chevy sales
Old 08-21-2007, 07:02 PM   #20
C3GM

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
New Camaro Released as '08

I know someone with a Black Convertible Z28, he declares it to be an '08 that got it from a dealer which is "in the family..." I think I am supposed to keep my mouth shut, but this is a pre-production release and it is in fact a DEALER CAR. I still am not sure why he has it or how, but it is in fact his, titled and registered... I might be able to post pictures here soon...

I just want to confirm that in fact, there are pre-production models running around so do not be surprised if you see one in your town. I, further, am not certain that I am supposed to know about this car, it was by accident that I saw it.

I think GM is going to release the car EARLY because of the Pressure from slow dealership sales on other models.

C3
Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 PM   #21
C3GM

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Confirmation on Production

I just checked after I posted literally 3 mins ago and my sources will not reveal even where the car is being manufactured but that in fact, the car is production ready.

As a side note: When I was at the NAIAS in Detroit, I met with the robotics metal fabricator engineer and she confirmed that the car, as of January was ready except for minor tail-light changes in order to satisfy NHTSA and that the rear-view mirrors on each door were to be qualified or enlarged for production, but that the car was ready other than that... so, watch out boys and girls, Z28s are going to be in your 'hood sooner than we thought.

C3
Old 08-21-2007, 07:58 PM   #22
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
ok. I am new to this site. but just say hey and I just got back from one of the chevy dealers here in fayetteville and they said they will not mark it up and it will be out early 2008. pre-production 2007. They got the memo (did you get the memo?) lol. ok well over and out.
I just checked with my two internal sources that have access and the last mention of anything Camaro was the letter that was spread around right after Transformers was released.......If they have it and it's really gonna happen in 4 months then they shouldn't mind giving you a copy to post up for the rest of us. This would also mean that the Camaro was going to be released before the G8. I don't think so. I'm not calling out a fellow Carolinian, but this just seems a little off. My dealer has been sending me any information that he gets his hands on and this is all news to him as well.

Ed Peper is even on video saying this past weekend that it wouldn't be out until late 2008, early 2009. If we were this close to dealership delivery, there would have been actual spy photos all over and orders would have been taken.

And for the guy whose neighbor has a friend at a dealer in the family with a 08 convertible Z28........without pics it's It all sounds great, but, what do you mean he couldn't confirm where the car is being built. Are they building them in undisclosed locations in hidden bunkers in New Mexico? No wait, that's where the keep the alien relics. The cars are being built, well, will be built in Oshawa when the assembly lines and tooling are up and running.

Now, this could be a big ploy by GM to sucker the competition into a sense of lull, but I kinda doubt it. If this car was going to be available in early 08, there would be so many people beating down the doors at dealerships. And didn't someone else say that first year was going to be on an order only basis.....how the hell are they going to only allow people to order 150,000 cars? They aren't. They would never get built.

I look forward to seeing some documentation to back all of these claims up.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #23
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
This is all pure speculation.

Nothing has changed...1st QTR. '09.

Closing thread.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:46 PM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Agreed.

Closed Thread