The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 12-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #169
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Makes for Gatorade to pump out some damn good red gatorade.

I'll be pissed when they can the line.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #170
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Never liked him because of his VERY COCKY attitude.....And I guess that cocky attitude is what got him caught.
I am glad he got caught.
Now everybody can see what he is really like.

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:16 AM   #171
Johnny1

Drives: Would only drive GM
Yea and this phoney crap of that he's not going to do golf for awhile so he can try to get things back right with his family. The problem is that if he wouldn't have got caught he would still be out there spending big money on hookers. His wife should take the kids and get out and take him for all the money she can get. He knew what he was doing and didn't care. So if your going to play the game you have to pay the price.
Johnny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #172
texan

Drives: people crazy
imo the guy has always been arrogant, I've seen him walk the ropes and it isn't concentration it's rudeness...that being said he is one of the greatest players and no doubt this will have some impact, I think it is sad that he has done this to himself and his family. Flipside, he is a mortal

I was going to refrain from this thread but I just got this in an email:
http://video1.break.com/dnet/media/2...video-game.swf
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #173
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan View Post
imo the guy has always been arrogant, I've seen him walk the ropes and it isn't concentration it's rudeness...that being said he is one of the greatest players and no doubt this will have some impact, I think it is sad that he has done this to himself and his family. Flipside, he is a mortal

I was going to refrain from this thread but I just got this in an email:
http://video1.break.com/dnet/media/2...video-game.swf
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #174
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Once a person brands themself as an image they become public domain, if you ever bought something he endorsed because he spoke for it or even anything with his image/name attached or if it was made available to the public qualifies that he is no longer an individual with privacy rights. Before this he projected himself all wholesome and a goody guy etc. he showed hes not by decieving his wife and the public. Everyone is so pissed because so many people feel fooled, like the balloon kid or the million little pieces author. The most important thing to learn from this is we are all the fools. We put sports and entertainment people on such high pedestals and idolize them. Very very few of them have any greatfullness to their situation. We eat it up and they know it, then we blow tons of money to them and their industries/associations. They give nothing back. Im sorry I dont even understand how a baseball player makes like 10million a year for what they do. Its pathetic when you see the holes needed to be filled for things like poverty, mental health and abused women and children issues. Everyone complains about banker and those types getting huge bonuses but no-one dares point the finger at these overpayed celebs that never give back. Its disgusting. All youre doing is hitting a ball or whatever and in the grand scheme of things their achievements are worth nothing. Im sure Oprah will have him on in 6 months with the media damage control and in a year he'll be twice as wealthy, I will by no means be surprised that this doesnt happen and society just takes another step back in humanity. I used to really bust my brains out about this stuff, now I just sit back removed from mainstream media and sheep-society and laugh at how utterly pathetic the thinking is. The money that is spent by people and huge corps to support these people/events etc should go to the teachers, emergency personnel, ground level programs for the less fortunate (Not chronic welfare people but real victims of circumstance) people that work hard and need a subsidy to make enough to stay afloat and keep a tight and strong family. But who cares when for 10 seconds we can oooh and aahhhh and cheer for someone doing something that means nothing while a 13 year old prostitute thrown onto the street lives a short lifetime of rape, drugs, abuse and emotional and mental degradation.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #175
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
Once a person brands themself as an image they become public domain, if you ever bought something he endorsed because he spoke for it or even anything with his image/name attached or if it was made available to the public qualifies that he is no longer an individual with privacy rights. Before this he projected himself all wholesome and a goody guy etc. he showed hes not by decieving his wife and the public. Everyone is so pissed because so many people feel fooled, like the balloon kid or the million little pieces author. The most important thing to learn from this is we are all the fools. We put sports and entertainment people on such high pedestals and idolize them. Very very few of them have any greatfullness to their situation. We eat it up and they know it, then we blow tons of money to them and their industries/associations. They give nothing back. Im sorry I dont even understand how a baseball player makes like 10million a year for what they do. Its pathetic when you see the holes needed to be filled for things like poverty, mental health and abused women and children issues. Everyone complains about banker and those types getting huge bonuses but no-one dares point the finger at these overpayed celebs that never give back. Its disgusting. All youre doing is hitting a ball or whatever and in the grand scheme of things their achievements are worth nothing. Im sure Oprah will have him on in 6 months with the media damage control and in a year he'll be twice as wealthy, I will by no means be surprised that this doesnt happen and society just takes another step back in humanity. I used to really bust my brains out about this stuff, now I just sit back removed from mainstream media and sheep-society and laugh at how utterly pathetic the thinking is. The money that is spent by people and huge corps to support these people/events etc should go to the teachers, emergency personnel, ground level programs for the less fortunate (Not chronic welfare people but real victims of circumstance) people that work hard and need a subsidy to make enough to stay afloat and keep a tight and strong family. But who cares when for 10 seconds we can oooh and aahhhh and cheer for someone doing something that means nothing while a 13 year old prostitute thrown onto the street lives a short lifetime of rape, drugs, abuse and emotional and mental degradation.
VERY TRUE.........

Except... I don't put sports and entertainment people on high pedestals and idolize them, ....But that's just me, I guess the average person does.

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #176
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Maybe I'm rediculous, but I have never and will never ask for an autograph. It makes me feel like I'm conceeding that the person is a better than me. When in fact the person is just better than me in one area.

They usually have God given talents and been very fortunate in opportunity. At the end of the day, they are human the same as me.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #177
riverbadboy
riverbadboy

Drives: 1SS Silver with Black rally Stripes
Send a message via AIM to riverbadboy
If I had the talent to land the hotties he gets, I'd do it! In a heartbeat...no questions asked. Call me a whore!
riverbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #178
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbadboy View Post
If I had the talent to land the hotties he gets, I'd do it! In a heartbeat...no questions asked. Call me a whore!
Meh....... I'm thinkin' their not so hot. Just painted up a lot. Now volume? That's different. lol
Old 12-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #179
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Is he up to 18 yet? last I saw it was 15.... My money is on 18, since he is a golfer...
Old 12-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #180
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Married men say "Shame on Tiger'

Single guys say "GOOO TIGER!!!"

Just joking..lmao
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote